+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 98 FirstFirst ... 11 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 61 86 ... LastLast

Thread: Deus Vult Improvement Pack - Discussion

Deus VultEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by jordarkelf
    Few, had me worried there for a sec. I'm not really looking forward to another complete retagging like Scotland.
    Well you still need to retrait Persia from Sunni to Shiite for several scenerios...
    Best WW Death Ever as Eliria the Very Mean Girl in WWLite XXXII: My Super Sweet Sixteen

CK: DV Mod - Horde & Timurid Empire Mod v2.5
    CK: DV Mod (Computable with DVIP) - Automated Courtier Education Events v3.03.01

Crazy Crusader Kings Creator jordarkelf's Avatar
    72 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyArsenal of Democracy
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DungeonlandEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossKing Arthur IILead and Gold
    LegioThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2March of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Penumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of Nations

Thanks for the reminder...

Was a list of rulers (or provinces) to be changed somewhere already? Until the 16th century Persia's rulers at least were Sunni, and so most of its people.

Shiite islam only became the majority muslim sect in Persia with the Safavid dynasty, essentially an invasion of Azeris (Turks).

Deus VultEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome: Vae Victis

Good place to start:
    Wikipedia: Shia Iran before the Safavid Empire

I'm at work atm so i can't really do too much research, but that lists some dynasties and important people.
    Best WW Death Ever as Eliria the Very Mean Girl in WWLite XXXII: My Super Sweet Sixteen

CK: DV Mod (Computable with DVIP) - Automated Courtier Education Events v3.03.01

Zaydi dynasty:
    All should be sceptical shia's (best way to deal with heretic branch of shia islam without implimenting new stuff).
    1066 & 1187
    Provinces - 660-666
    All should have claims (1066 only) on 662 (Mazandaran) from the kingdom that was destroyed <50 years before. 1187, only those in 662 should have the claim.
    ============
    Buwayhid Dynasty:
    1066: Should have scattering around everywhere. All of them should have a title of some sort since they were all recently conquered by Sejuks. None should be counts.

Claims should be either:
    Hamadan (Duchy) (QOMA)
    Esfahan (Duchy) (ESFA)
    Fars (Duchy) (SHIR)
    Baghdad (Duchy) (BAGH)
    Hormuz (Duchy) (HORM)
    Khorasan (Duchy) (LUTA)
    Mazander (Duchy) (MAZA)

Only one claim per shia.
    ======
    Other mentions about the split of Ismailis (largest branch of Shia) being in both Egypt and Iran, thus there should be additional representation in all scenerios for shia w/o claims in those areas. I can't find much in the way of Shia in Turkey or the western coast outside Egypt, except Mecca.

72 games registered

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DungeonlandEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteFor The Glory
    Penumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of Nations

I just can't find much evidence of shi'ite rulers outside of a small area around the Persian gulf (and of course the Fatimids and some of the North African tribes) until the late 14th century.

I have found a small number of shiite scholars for both 1066 and 1187 scenarios, so I'm adding those at least.

Quote Originally Posted by jordarkelf
    I just can't find much evidence of shi'ite rulers outside of a small area around the Persian gulf (and of course the Fatimids and some of the North African tribes) until the late 14th century.

I have found a small number of shiite scholars for both 1066 and 1187 scenarios, so I'm adding those at least.
    rule = no
    courtiers = yes

I did mention those courtiers should be added, with claims only for 1066 (and 1 for 1187), not ruling, even as vassal counts.

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Education events

Hey there

Just having my very first real game with DVIP9.1 (+ More Kingdoms, Pledging fix, and some gfx mods).

I have noticed that almost none of the kids now get education events ...is this intentional?? ...and if so, why?

I would imagine that later on it will become very hard to get a Diocese Bishop.

72 games registered

Not intentional, a result of accidentally including the wrong file in the download. The download thread has the fix (and the current package has been updated).

9.1 will be out soon once I fix a few annoyances left in it.
    Last edited by jordarkelf; 03-03-2008 at 22:18. Reason: no release today

72 games registered

9.1 is out. More Kingdoms also updated.

Sorry but i can´t fide the link for 9.1 version.

For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by kepper02
    Sorry but i can´t fide the link for 9.1 version.
    here it is

DVIP9.1 downloads

72 games registered

Download link restored to first post :}

Paradox Unofficial Poker Brat Drakken's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Sorry for the silly question, but does the DVIP include the Pledging Fix mod?

Sig Sig Sputnik Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Drakken
    Sorry for the silly question, but does the DVIP include the Pledging Fix mod?
    No, it doesn't

I was just thinking about something and I realized we could probably set heretic to be opposite of sunni and shiite and reduce the need for the heretic removal event added in 9.x to pagans and jews, thus reducing cpu load.
    No, it doesn't
    And probably won't because it's quite cumbersome, even more than Divine Shadow's mod.

500k club

Hdemark?

I was just wondering .... can it be true that PROV276 should be called Hdemark?? ... the ruling dynasty there is 'of Hedmark' which also makes more sense as a norwegian name.

I was also thinking about changing some of the 'of' dynasty names, to better suit the region/culture they are from ... so Bo of Sjaelland would become Bo af Sjaelland, which would be the correct danish term.

I do know that some of the generic provincial names could end up the same as the ruling dynasty. But would they then be treated as dynasty members?? ... or is the game able to distinguish them from each other as they do not have the same ID??

Problem is also that I do not know all the different naming conventions for the 'of' part. I know the following:

Danish, Norwegian: af
    Swedish: af (might be 'av' actually ...not 100% sure)
    Faroese/Icelandic: av
    German: von
    Dutch: van
    French: de or d'
    Spanish: de

But anyone have ideas for places like Russia, Hungary, Greece, African and muslim regions?

If such a change was made, would it be worth putting in the DVIP? ..or do people prefer the english 'of' version?

Fairy Godfather Walter Hawkwood's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I could help with Russia - and it might actually be worthwile. If only I am a bit lazy to go through the file myself - could you produce the list of all province-based toponymics in Russia? I would then convert it into "slavicized" format.

72 games registered

For the dynasty names, I want to keep the "of Province" (100001-101003, 100+province number) with "of", but all the others should be in the original form. This update I changed the "of Orkney" to "av Orkneyjar", "of Rügen" to "von Rügen", and a few others -- but not the "of Province" ones.

But I really would like some more dynasties in certain areas. The further you go east, the fewer dynasties there seem to be.

Sig Sig Sputnik Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

I was just wondering .... can it be true that PROV276 should be called Hdemark?? ... the ruling dynasty there is 'of Hedmark' which also makes more sense as a norwegian name.
    It should be Hedmark

500k club

I went through the dynasty file (skipping all the placeholder 'of' names) and found quite a bit. What does it mean where there is no province number for a dynasty?? ...that it only exists for starting characters??

These have no provinces attachetd to them:

of Persia
    of Habsburg
    of Gelre
    of Rethel
    of Baliol
    of Kiev
    of Gwynedd
    of Thuringen
    of Meissen
    of Austria
    of Berg
    of Olmutz
    of Bohemia
    of Norway
    of Denmark
    of Aquitaine
    of Freysey
    of Sudrey
    of Sola
    of Aurland
    of Giske
    of Greenland
    of Ladir
    av Bornholm is using norwegian form ...should be 'af Bornholm' in danish
    of Viborg
    of Vendland
    of Kyjev
    of Poland
    of Hungary
    of Bar
    of Lusace
    of Crepon
    of Tours
    of Paris
    of Ulaid
    of Laigin
    of Armagh
    of Flanders
    of Jimièges
    of Lucca
    of Macedonia
    of Styria
    of Zähringen
    of Swabia
    of Saxony
    of Lorraine
    of Arles
    of Vienne
    of Upper Burgundy
    of Barcelona
    of Atholl
    of Cumans
    of Polotsk
    of Moravia
    of Sanhaja
    of Dongola
    of Ghazni
    of Wagria
    of Hlidarendi
    of Mercia
    of Italy
    of Neustria
    of France
    of Pechora

I also found the following attached to provinces (province numbers in parenteses):

of Iceland (1,2) - should be 'av'
    of Haukadalur (1,2) - should be 'av'
    of Oddi (1,2) - should be 'av'
    of Prussia (369,370,371,422,427) - 'von'?
    of Lithuania (423) - ??
    of Pomerelia (428) - ??
    of Opole (428) - ??
    of Strymon (493) - ??
    of Serbia (502) - ??
    of Srednogorie (507) - ??
    of Ossetia (603) - ??
    of Armenia (670) - ??
    of Tiflis (679) - ??
    of Lusignan (699,708,734,756,757,763,765,766,770-80,783-785) - deLusignan?
    of Karasi (744) - ??
    of Lambron (758) - ??
    of Nobatae (792,793,794 Nubia) - ??
    of Makuria (792,793,794 Nubia) - ??
    of Faras (792,793,794 Nubia) - ??
    of Wizz (792,793,794 Nubia) - ??
    of Alwah (792,793,794 Nubia) - ??
    of Soba (792,793,794 Nubia) - ??
    of Blemmyes (792,793,794 Nubia) - ??
    of Garamantes (792,793,794 Nubia) - ??
    of Khor Nubt (792,793,794 Nubia) - ??
    of Debba (792,793,794 Nubia) - ??