+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 98 FirstFirst ... 12 37 62 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 1954

Thread: Deus Vult Improvement Pack - Discussion

  1. #1721
    Quote Originally Posted by Drachenfire View Post
    This could be my issue with the 4th crusade crashing too! About 1217/18ish depending! I couldn't trace where it was. I had no idea that there was a Galicia in the Ukraine.

    Do you know how to correct that Cool-Toxic? In your game files? I can fix that in my own files, and can try and upload them online like I did above. Gimme a few days to sort that out (unless Jord gets here beforehand.)
    Glad that I could help. Just change the dynasty ID from 102003 to 705, which is Rurikovich and this branch in Galicia is of Rurikvich in the other scenarios.

  2. #1722
    Buckler of Wales Drachenfire's Avatar
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Ocean View, Norfolk, Virginia
    Posts
    2,081
    Quote Originally Posted by cool-toxic View Post
    Glad that I could help. Just change the dynasty ID from 102003 to 705, which is Rurikovich and this branch in Galicia is of Rurikvich in the other scenarios.
    Also, there is a Rurikovich 169. Thats where I ended up assigning them. Additionally, one could bring up control 12 and kill off the son, then the father, so that a dynasty member with a last name can inherit. Saves the trouble to going into files- a quick fix until it can be officially corrected.


    Pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad
    True I am to my country


    Damsels Not In Distress mode (allows female inheritance in CK I) & Crusader Queens, Cool-toxic's CK Clone
    Jordarkelf's DV Improvement Pack, Looking for a Good Starting County? Gwynedd FTW!
    Christianity, Social Tolerance, and Homosexuality during the middle ages discussion thread.

  3. #1723
    Quote Originally Posted by Drachenfire View Post
    No problem. Do you mind if I ask why you prefer not to play with female succession? It did happen historically in Western Europe and a few other locals and CK inaccuratly creates a dynamic where it is erased from history... or at least the CK history.

    I'm just curious, no judgement or anything.
    Mainly because I'm used to playing CK without it and I'm not into having to marry off my female heir to a man with the same surname etc(Which I understood I have to, unless I was misinformed.)

    So basically, just because playing without it is what I'm used to.

    I might try it at a later date though!

  4. #1724
    Buckler of Wales Drachenfire's Avatar
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Ocean View, Norfolk, Virginia
    Posts
    2,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Gargantou View Post
    Mainly because I'm used to playing CK without it and I'm not into having to marry off my female heir to a man with the same surname etc(Which I understood I have to, unless I was misinformed.)

    So basically, just because playing without it is what I'm used to.

    I might try it at a later date though!
    *nod*

    You do not absolutely have to marry them to a same dynasty named person, so long as you think stratigically and when you give her heir a count title, that before her death you log in as her heir so as to succeed to the kingdom.


    Pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad
    True I am to my country


    Damsels Not In Distress mode (allows female inheritance in CK I) & Crusader Queens, Cool-toxic's CK Clone
    Jordarkelf's DV Improvement Pack, Looking for a Good Starting County? Gwynedd FTW!
    Christianity, Social Tolerance, and Homosexuality during the middle ages discussion thread.

  5. #1725
    Quote Originally Posted by Drachenfire View Post
    *nod*

    You do not absolutely have to marry them to a same dynasty named person, so long as you think stratigically and when you give her heir a count title, that before her death you log in as her heir so as to succeed to the kingdom.
    Yeah. I might try it in the future but it still annoys me stuff like the fact that the ones who uses female inheritance are shown as monastic supremacies(Note this is in no way meant as criticism towards you, I know you do the best one can given the limitations modding for CK and I after having played with DVIP I find it hard to imagine playing CK without it.)
    Last edited by Gargantou; 14-03-2010 at 16:32.

  6. #1726
    Hi guys! Been playing with CK since 2003 but I've just installed the DVIP and the 1204 scenario last week. My Jerusalem game keeps crashing around 1222 and my Latin empire crashes around 1217. Game crashes even when I try viewing the bridefinder ledger. The DVIP and the 1204 scenario's great! I can't enjoy decent, long-enough game unless I switch back to vanilla.

    Is there a patch I need to download or something?

  7. #1727
    Yes you just need to change three numbers in the saves and the 1204 scenario(the character file).

    See these posts from this thread actually just above and the page before this:

    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...postcount=1716

    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...postcount=1721

  8. #1728
    Quote Originally Posted by cool-toxic View Post
    Yes you just need to change three numbers in the saves and the 1204 scenario(the character file).

    See these posts from this thread actually just above and the page before this:

    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...postcount=1716

    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...postcount=1721
    thanks dude. i tried doing that but when i tried accessing the bridefinder ledger the game crashed again

    ######## EXCEPTION: 0xC0000005 at address: 0x005DEE96: ACCESS VIOLATION read attempt to address 0x00000010
    03/16/10 07:12:56
    SymGetLineFromAddr(): GetLastError = 126

    anything else i should do?

  9. #1729
    Quote Originally Posted by n6600 View Post
    thanks dude. i tried doing that but when i tried accessing the bridefinder ledger the game crashed again

    ######## EXCEPTION: 0xC0000005 at address: 0x005DEE96: ACCESS VIOLATION read attempt to address 0x00000010
    03/16/10 07:12:56
    SymGetLineFromAddr(): GetLastError = 126

    anything else i should do?
    That is another issue and that I have no quick solution for..

  10. #1730
    Recruit Archadias's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sadly, in Canada for the time being
    Posts
    9
    Hi. I'm currently planing to play as a Vlach (in the Balkan), I wanted to add a character to my save file (to give hilm titles), but I have just seen that there are no names associated with that culture. Is it normal ? Can I add as many names as I want (btw, Vlach are Romanians, right ?) or is there a maximum number of names in the Character name file ?

    Well, I finaly discovered that the famous culture was originaly Iberian.
    Last edited by Archadias; 27-03-2010 at 23:26.

  11. #1731
    Buckler of Wales Drachenfire's Avatar
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Ocean View, Norfolk, Virginia
    Posts
    2,081
    Quote Originally Posted by n6600 View Post
    Hi guys! Been playing with CK since 2003 but I've just installed the DVIP and the 1204 scenario last week. My Jerusalem game keeps crashing around 1222 and my Latin empire crashes around 1217. Game crashes even when I try viewing the bridefinder ledger. The DVIP and the 1204 scenario's great! I can't enjoy decent, long-enough game unless I switch back to vanilla.

    Is there a patch I need to download or something?
    There is a dynasty in galach (spelling?) which is missing a dyansty tag, so when their son is born it is causing a crash. I corrected in my own files and no longer expierence crashes around 1217, but have not uploaded the corrections for here yet. Do you play with the Wales map mode? That is the only files that i have that are correct and will not crash... for that at least.


    Pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad
    True I am to my country


    Damsels Not In Distress mode (allows female inheritance in CK I) & Crusader Queens, Cool-toxic's CK Clone
    Jordarkelf's DV Improvement Pack, Looking for a Good Starting County? Gwynedd FTW!
    Christianity, Social Tolerance, and Homosexuality during the middle ages discussion thread.

  12. #1732

    Question

    I have an event question:

    I'm playing as Duke of Northumberland and have several kids. Every time a child is about 12, an event deducting massive Intrigue/Fighting/Stewardship etc. points happens about every 2 months. 1-5 points at a time. Is this supposed to happen and if so, why? Maybe I'm missing something? Help, please.

    And since this Mod includes Female Succession, how do I make my daughter my heir?

    Any help you can give is appreciated!

    Edit: Also, I'd like to add the New Traits Mod to my game. Or is it already included? They are compatible, but which files do I have to edit and how? Sorry for so many questions.

    E.
    Last edited by Elisabetta611; 27-03-2010 at 21:59.

  13. #1733
    Quote Originally Posted by Elisabetta611 View Post
    I have an event question:

    I'm playing as Duke of Northumberland and have several kids. Every time a child is about 12, an event deducting massive Intrigue/Fighting/Stewardship etc. points happens about every 2 months. 1-5 points at a time. Is this supposed to happen and if so, why? Maybe I'm missing something? Help, please.
    That event happens as a way of trying to fix a bug with children's stat balance. The normal range of stat scores is supposed to be from 0-10, with anything above 10 supposed to be indicating especially exceptional talent (like prodigy/genius level).

    Unfortunately, with the bug it became real easy for everyone in the game to have scores way over 10, sometimes hitting in the upper 20s. The problem is that when everyone in the game has stat scores this high, the balance of the game gets thrown horribly out of whack. With massive intrigue, you don't need to rely on vassals, with massive stewardship, money never becomes an issue and you can field giant armies, and so on with other problems with the other scores. The event tries to bring the game back into proper balance.

    As to female succession, I believe if you enable that inheritance law, your daughters will be able to inherit if you have no legitimate sons.

    And no idea what the New Traits Mod is, sorry.

  14. #1734
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulluoglu View Post
    That event happens as a way of trying to fix a bug with children's stat balance. The normal range of stat scores is supposed to be from 0-10, with anything above 10 supposed to be indicating especially exceptional talent (like prodigy/genius level).

    Unfortunately, with the bug it became real easy for everyone in the game to have scores way over 10, sometimes hitting in the upper 20s. The problem is that when everyone in the game has stat scores this high, the balance of the game gets thrown horribly out of whack. With massive intrigue, you don't need to rely on vassals, with massive stewardship, money never becomes an issue and you can field giant armies, and so on with other problems with the other scores. The event tries to bring the game back into proper balance.
    Understood! Makes sense, thank you!

  15. #1735
    Private
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Russian Federation, Samara
    Posts
    20
    There is an event that can cause youre ruler to retire in cost of 750 gold... It causes game to end, as if there were no heir.

    Sorry for my english.

  16. #1736
    Crazy Crusader Kings Creator jordarkelf's Avatar
    80 games registered

    80

    200k clubAchtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyArsenal of Democracy
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DungeonlandEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneIron CrossKing Arthur IILead and GoldLegio
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty 2March of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black Plague
    Pirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of Nations
    Rise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Holy Roman Empire
    Posts
    7,449
    Not possible as long as you have a valid heir under your ruling law. The event just issues a 'die' event, which functions exactly like all other forms of death (including old age).
    Do you remember what laws are set?

  17. #1737
    Captain Hasimir Fenring's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3For The GloryEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Corrinth, Kaitan
    Posts
    476
    Hi Jordy !

    There is a small bug in the 1066 scenario:

    Count of Corfu 'Nikephoros Bryennios' is unplayable

    When you start a game with him, the game always goes 'gameover' !

    Just a small fix for you, I suppose !
    Audaces fortuna juvat

  18. #1738
    Quote Originally Posted by jordarkelf View Post
    Not possible as long as you have a valid heir under your ruling law. The event just issues a 'die' event, which functions exactly like all other forms of death (including old age).
    Do you remember what laws are set?
    I've had this one happen to me, and I think it is because the event triggers the ruler leaving the court, instead of dying as it should. Let me see if I can find it real quick.

    Yeah, here it is, in BOP_char_events.txt:

    Code:
    character_event = {	# 19540 - Ruler's abdication - elder self-abdication
    	id = 19540
    	picture = "event_oldman"
    	trigger = {		# not ai ruler-not command-not atwar-age >50-gold >500-not crazy-not heavy illness
    		# ruler
    		condition = { type = not value = { type = ai } }
    		condition = { type = ruler }
    		# war 
    		condition = { type = not value = { type = command } }
    		condition = { type = not value = { type = atwar } }
    		# age > 50
    		condition = { type = age value = 50 }
    		# stats
    		condition = { type = gold value = 500 }
    		# not crazy
    		condition = { type = not value = { type = trait value = schizofrenia } }
    		condition = { type = not value = { type = trait value = maniac } }
    		# not heavy illness
    		condition = { type = not value = { type = trait value = plagueinfested } }	
    		condition = { type = not value = { type = trait value = pneumonia } }
    		condition = { type = not value = { type = trait value = inbred } }
    		condition = { type = not value = { type = trait value = leper } }	
    		condition = { type = not value = { type = trait value = intestinal_worm } }
    	}
    	mean_time_to_happen = {	# 
    		months = 12
    		# difficulty level 
    		modifier = {
    			condition = { type = difficulty value = 3 }
    			factor = 1.5
    		}
    		modifier = {
    			condition = { type = difficulty value = 4 }
    			factor = 1.33
    		}		
    		# badboy 
    		modifier = {	# slightly tarnished reputation
    			condition = { type = badboy value =  2 }
    			factor = 1.25
    		}		
    		modifier = {	# rather bad reputation
    			condition = { type = badboy value = 10 }
    			factor = 1.5
    		}
    		modifier = {	# extremely bad reputation
    			condition = { type = badboy value = 20 }
    			factor = 1.75
    		}
    		modifier = {	# worse than dishonourable scum
    			condition = { type = badboy value = 30 }
    			factor = 2
    		}
    		# personality traits
    		modifier = {
    			condition = { type = trait value = energetic }
    			factor = 4
    		}
    		modifier = {
    			condition = { type = trait value = selfish }
    			factor = 4
    		}
    		modifier = {
    			condition = { type = trait value = proud }
    			factor = 4
    		}
    		modifier = {
    			condition = { type = trait value = stubborn }
    			factor = 4
    		}
    		# other traits
    		modifier = {
    			condition = { type = trait value = war_invalid }
    			factor = 0.67
    		}
    		modifier = {
    			condition = { type = trait value = depression }
    			factor = 0.67
    		}
    		modifier = {
    			condition = { type = trait value = stress_symptom }
    			factor = 0.67
    		}
    		modifier = {
    			condition = { type = trait value = realm_duress }
    			factor = 0.67
    		}
    		# age > 55
    		modifier = {
    			condition = { type = age value = 55 }
    			factor = 0.67
    		}
    		# age > 60
    		modifier = {
    			condition = { type = age value = 60 }
    			factor = 0.75
    		}
    		# duke
    		modifier = {
    			condition = { type = duchy }
    			factor = 1.5
    		}
    		# king
    		modifier = {
    			condition = { type = kingdom }
    			factor = 2.25
    		}
    		# primary_heir is ruler_child
    		modifier = {
    			condition = { type = primary_heir 
    				condition = { type = ruler_child }
    			}
    			factor = 0.67
    		}
    	}
    	action_a = {	# buy a castle and abdicate
    		effect = { type = gold value = -750 }
    #		effect = { type = death value = ruler }
    		effect = { type = leave_court }
    	}
    	action_b = {	# resist forever!
    		effect = { type = random chance = 50		
    			effect = { type = add_trait for = ruler value = energetic } }
    		effect = { type = random chance = 50		
    			effect = { type = add_trait for = ruler value = proud } }
    		effect = { type = random chance = 75		
    			effect = { type = add_trait for = ruler value = selfish } }
    		effect = { type = random chance = 75		
    			effect = { type = add_trait for = ruler value = stubborn } }
    	}
    }
    The option for action_a has the line to kill the ruler commented out, leaving the line with the effect to leave the court to trigger instead. Seems like it ought to be the other way around.

  19. #1739
    The Closer Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

    77

    200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    29,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasimir Fenring View Post
    Hi Jordy !

    There is a small bug in the 1066 scenario:

    Count of Corfu 'Nikephoros Bryennios' is unplayable

    When you start a game with him, the game always goes 'gameover' !

    Just a small fix for you, I suppose !
    The most likely reason for that is that you start with 'elective law'. So when you start the game, change your inheritance law to something salic primogeneture or salic consanguinity.

  20. #1740
    Captain Hasimir Fenring's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3For The GloryEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Corrinth, Kaitan
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by Veldmaarschalk View Post
    The most likely reason for that is that you start with 'elective law'. So when you start the game, change your inheritance law to something salic primogeneture or salic consanguinity.
    I don't have the time to do this ! The game automatically goes over.

    I don't think that this problem has a link with the inheritance law. You don't have such problem with the other greek counts ...
    Audaces fortuna juvat

+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 98 FirstFirst ... 12 37 62 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts