+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Deus Vult Improvement Pack

Crazy Crusader Kings Creator jordarkelf's Avatar
    70 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyArsenal of Democracy
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DungeonlandEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossKing Arthur IILead and Gold
    LegioThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2March of the Eagles
    Naval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the RosesPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Lightbulb The Deus Vult Improvement Pack

The Deus Vult Improvement Pack (DVIP) is a mod that extends the base game without trying to change it too much.
    DVIP began as an update of the unofficial 1.06 Improvement Packs that were discussed after Crusader Kings' patch 1.05, but has grown since then.

The intended scope of the DVIP is more or less the following:
    -Historic characters at scenario start
    -Historic realms and provinces at scenario start
    -Edit or add events to allow cultures to change more-or-less historically (melting pots)
    -Fix remaining Deus Vult bugs where possible (events, database files, CoAs)

This mod was originally based on the work compiled for CK 1.06 by Byakhiam, and would be impossible without the input of other CK: DV players.
    An incomplete thanks list:
    Aylo1, Bruit Bleu, Calgacus, Drachenfire, echopapa, FinnN, Hasimir Fenring, gigau, Jinnai, Joe Public, Llywelyn, Mohe, Mrdie, performer, Praetor, Rogan de Auria, tombom, Topher, Vasious, Veldmaarschalk, Walter Hawkwood
    Apologies to anyone I left out.

DVIP is 'optimized' for an AI aggressiveness of Weakling (1) or Coward (2) -- I don't play with higher settings myself as it makes the AI go insane, and thus DVIP isn't tested for higher values.
    You can pick any difficulty, events are scaled for it.

The DVIP is fully compatible with Crusader Kings Deus Vult with the 2.1 beta patch applied.

I do not support the use of exe hacks / hex edits for CKDV. These might or might not work, but I'm not interested in them. If CK-DV starts crashing after using one of these hacks, do not complain that DVIP is unstable.

---
    Install order:
    1) Crusader Kings
    2) Deus Vult
    3) Latest Deus Vult beta patch
    4) DVIP
    Optional:
    5) DVIP addon
    6) Optional - but highly recommended: Bopack Graphics from http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=365271
    7) Any other mods
    Attached Files

70 games registered

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DungeonlandEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteFor The Glory
    Naval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the RosesPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Discussion in this thread please.

----

Hasimir Fenring has translated the DVIP 9.4 in French!

Download the attached file and unzip over the Deus Vult Improvement Pack.

It will translate the in-game text to French, including the new DVIP events and tags. Thanks to HF for allowing me to host it here.

Note to any other translators: if you made a translation of the DVIP, please let me know so I can link to it from here or even upload it.
    If there's any way I can help with the translation, do not hesitate to ask. I read and write good German, and can read a passable Italian and French
    Attached Files

70 games registered

DVIP Addon

This is an addon for the DVIP and is not usable by itself.
    It should be unzipped on top of an existing DVIP install, overwriting all files.

Included:

Event mods:
    Jor:
    -Break_free.txt: My break free mod. This makes it far more difficult to rule over immense realms covering all the map. More info at http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=326287
    -Set_laws.txt: A small series of events that make sure bishoprics, republics, and knight orders have the right laws
    -Varia.txt: a number of smaller event mods. Included two events to break up large AI realms, my fertility events, an event to add more courtiers to knight order courts, and my PC friend excommunicates event
    -Female_inheritance.txt: A mod that allows female inheritance.

Wiz.txt:
    A selection of Wiz's excellent mods:
    -Makes AI demobilize during peace times
    -Knights with Teeth mod
    -Countering CKDV's crazy ass skills (my edits).

Grell:
    -Grell's Mod - Emerging Muslim Kingdoms, and new Events
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=202239
    Greatly modified to work better with the DVIP.

Thanks to Wiz for his permission to include the events with my mod.

Scenario setup mods:

*) My 'More Kingdoms' addon, which adds the following creatable realms:
    Brittany (PISA), Lotharingia (U019), Aquitainia (U018), Andalusia (U017), Navarra (NAVA), Mann and the Isles (MANN). See the More Kingdoms readme for more details.
    *) The Fourth Crusade (1204) scenario, after the original one by Andron: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=196788

----
    Install order:

1) Crusader Kings
    2) Deus Vult
    3) Latest Deus Vult beta patch
    4) DVIP
    5) DVIP addon
    6) Any other mods

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I have an Mac version of Crusader Kings and DV. Do you know if the mod works on a Mac?

Edit:
    OK, I gave it a try on the Mac, the game loads and seems to work, but after a couple of turns it CTD's. There was also something strange with the sieges.

I have a problem with the mod,

i installd it as it sayd here

but i get 3 errors and i cant accept anything like send assassins or sending gifts, the text that says accept is all the way on the side out side the screen.

GFX\palette\eyr_btn_back.bmp
    GFX\palette\eyr_btn_forward.bmp
    GFX\palette\eyr_symbols_palette.bmp

thats the errors when i load the game

thanx for any help

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteVictoria: Revolutions500k club

People, people don't you read the fineprint?

Discussions go in this thread:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/....php?p=7554341

And yes I'm an asshole

Bad mojo Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Pedersen
    I have a problem with the mod,

i installd it as it sayd here

but i get 3 errors and i cant accept anything like send assassins or sending gifts, the text that says accept is all the way on the side out side the screen.

GFX\palette\eyr_btn_back.bmp
    GFX\palette\eyr_btn_forward.bmp
    GFX\palette\eyr_symbols_palette.bmp

thats the errors when i load the game

thanx for any help
    It sounds like you don't have the DV-expansion for CK.

DVIP only works with Crusader Kings Deus Vult

70 games registered

To move an existing DV install to the 15 October 2008 patch, only copy and replace crusaders.exe and crusaders.pdb from the patch file.

All other fixes are already included in DVIP.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneRome Gold

Hello there ! This is an appallingly noobish question, but exactly how do I install the mod? I've copied the CK folder and renamed it Crusader Kings - DVIP, so I've got both DVIP and vanilla. And I've of course downloaded DVIP and intend to download the variant improvement pack when I've got it figured out.
    But... What exactly do I do? I have unpacked the zipped DVIP. Shall I just mark the contents, copy it into the CK-DVIP folder and tell it to combine folders of the same name, but replace files in vanilla, with those with the same name from DVIP? I'm sorry for my noobish inconvinience.

Thanks in advance, I'm really looking forward to trying the mod

77 games registered

Quote Originally Posted by Legiazus View Post
    Hello there ! This is an appallingly noobish question, but exactly how do I install the mod? I've copied the CK folder and renamed it Crusader Kings - DVIP, so I've got both DVIP and vanilla. And I've of course downloaded DVIP and intend to download the variant improvement pack when I've got it figured out.
    But... What exactly do I do? I have unpacked the zipped DVIP. Shall I just mark the contents, copy it into the CK-DVIP folder and tell it to combine folders of the same name, but replace files in vanilla, with those with the same name from DVIP? I'm sorry for my noobish inconvinience.

Thanks in advance, I'm really looking forward to trying the mod
    Put the zipped DVIP in your CK-DVIP folder and then right click on it and select 'extract here' and then say yes, when you are asked to overwrite things.

You don't need to do anything with your CK-vanilla folder and files

Thanks! Just test-runned it and the map seems to look like its supposed Really appreciate it (:

Now, just to make more of a fool of myself... I do the samme thing with the improvement pack, yea?

Thanks in advance

77 games registered

Quote Originally Posted by Legiazus View Post
    Thanks! Just test-runned it and the map seems to look like its supposed Really appreciate it (:

Now, just to make more of a fool of myself... I do the samme thing with the improvement pack, yea?

Thanks in advance

Yes

Cool, it works!

Thank you for your quick help, herr Maarschalk!

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2

In case anyone is interested, I created a cultures map for what I think is the most recent version of DVIP's 1066 scenario:

(Click to see a larger version)
    It's just colors pasted on top of one of the province reference maps so it looks a bit messy. PM me if you would like a cleaner map without the province numbers and JPEG fringe frizzles.

Best regards and many thanks for this great mod

Crusader Kings IIRome GoldRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I managed to get 2 tags for Mallorca, is this normal?

77 games registered

Quote Originally Posted by Amagaeru View Post
    I managed to get 2 tags for Mallorca, is this normal?
    Yes, one is a title for the Muslims the other is the creatable title for the christians.

70 games registered

Update 16.08.2009 uploaded.

Discussion in this thread: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/....php?p=7554341

Now that female inheritance no longer is a crasher, it's enabled by default in the addon.

70 games registered

Update 08.11.2009 uploaded.

WARNING
    Filename changes !!! All DVIP events (except Grell's and BoPack's) are now prefixed with DVIP_. Please remove or rename the old event files if updating.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast