+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Province List - a Spreadsheet

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Province List - a Spreadsheet

I got sick of searching and making lists and searching more whenever I wanted to make another change on my mod - so I sat down and made a Spreadsheet.

All 1741 provinces are listed - some a few times. Each Core is a separate line to better filter. I added everything I thought I would want when grouping provinces. Finally, I grouped everything into regions to further help me find things.

It's based on an unmodded NA.

I hope y'all find it useful too. So download, mod, have fun, and if you find any fat fingered typos, please let me know so I can correct my copy.

Download it here.
    The Deconstructed Europe mod - Newest Release on April 27, 2008
    Deconstructed Europe: In Nomine - Beta 0.1 release June 8, 2008
    Province list - A little help with those pesky provinces details

“When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it … always.” -- Mahatma Gandhi

For those of you that already downloaded the spreadsheet, I noticed that I don't know East from West and divided Africa up backwards ....

“When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it … always.” -- Mahatma Gandhi

Is there a way to orgainize the number colluims by alphabetical order?

Quote Originally Posted by Funnybunny
    Is there a way to orgainize the number colluims by alphabetical order?
    Not sure I understand the question. Are you wanting to sort by one of the numbered columns (lets say Tax Base) and then alphabetically within the number?

In excel to sort, click on the empty box between column A and Row 1 to select everything. Go to Data then Sort and follow the options there ...

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey
    Not sure I understand the question. Are you wanting to sort by one of the numbered columns (lets say Tax Base) and then alphabetically within the number?

In excel to sort, click on the empty box between column A and Row 1 to select everything. Go to Data then Sort and follow the options there ...
    I found it out on my own before you poseted, sorry for buging you

(what i was looking for was to sort the cultures alphabeticly)

Missing

The link is broken. Can you rehost the file if you still have it? Thanks.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by aburke View Post
    The link is broken. Can you rehost the file if you still have it? Thanks.
    The file will not be very useful for more recent versions of the game. Many new provinces, many changed provinces, all the colony province goods are no longer pre-defined, etc.

EDIT: Someone has probably created a newer one already but maybe I'll whip up a script to generate a new one.
    Last edited by jdrou; 21-06-2010 at 21:02.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

Scripter Paradox Dev Team Trin Tragula's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by jdrou View Post
    EDIT: Someone has probably created a newer one already but maybe I'll whip up a script to generate a new one.
    That would be a very nice thing to have actually. Especially if it could also work with mods using extend

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin Tragula View Post
    That would be a very nice thing to have actually. Especially if it could also work with mods using extend
    That sounds quite similar to something I've done recently for initial slider positions.

I think I could easily adapt that program to process all the provinces. Perhaps I'll have time for it next week.

200k clubVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Could try the Domesday book in my sig. IIRC it's for IN, but I don't believe the there were a great deal of province changes in HTTT. Incidentally, I spent all of yesterday writing a program to do this (actually, two; I started in Perl but got so fed up wrestling with hashes of lists I switched to Java... which meant I had to wrestle with Java's painfully convoluted IO and regex modules.

So I actually have both a script and a spreadsheet on hand (actually, two, I have one for MEIOU PH 11b as well). Problem is that I'm on an iPhone and uploading them might be tricky.
    Chief of the Harappa in Dawn of Man (on hold )

AARs
    Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken AAR (complete)

"To Agitius, thrice consul, the groans of the Britons... the barbarians drive us to the sea, the sea drives us to the barbarians; between these two means of death we are either killed or drowned."

200k clubVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Try http://www.mediafire.com/?fw2mtlm5mrd (not the raw output of the program, I've prepared it).

I would like to take this opportunity to state that for his crimes against humanity Steve Jobs deserves to be gored repeatedly in the groin by a bull, Sisyphus style, from now until the end of time.
    Chief of the Harappa in Dawn of Man (on hold )

AARs
    Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken AAR (complete)

"To Agitius, thrice consul, the groans of the Britons... the barbarians drive us to the sea, the sea drives us to the barbarians; between these two means of death we are either killed or drowned."

+ Reply to Thread