• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carmina

Sergeant
58 Badges
Nov 9, 2005
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Starvoid
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
Hi,

I was trying to send a fosterling to Scotland when a Fatal Error occured.

He're the log :

######## EXCEPTION: 0xC0000005 at address: 0x004D7B17: ACCESS VIOLATION read attempt to address 0x00000008
10/04/07 19:20:10

Hope it will help

Edit : Error repeated twice,thanks to a previous auatosave... I keep the save if you wanna see it.

Upvote 0
Thems figh'n words where I come from. :rofl:
You do have to wonder why this is not so however with nearly 125 posts it does beg the question to be sure.

It's quite clear that there are cracked versions of DV around, which may be (or are) introducing bugs not present in the official DV.
Not that I am accusing anyone, but I invite everyone who claims DV is unstable to put their money where their mouth is... register the game to prove you actually own it.

Of course there are actual game owners who also experience crashes, but since too many people aren't registering their game it is hard to get actual figures of how many proven game owners have an unstable install.

Hi there

I am getting this fairly often now (only bought the game 2 weeks ago):

Unhandled Exception Detected

Address 0x0058FE56

Please report(more information in log file)

What can I do? Where can I get my money back>?

Cheers,

Benedictine said:
Hi there

I am getting this fairly often now (only bought the game 2 weeks ago):

Unhandled Exception Detected

Address 0x0058FE56

Please report(more information in log file)

What can I do? Where can I get my money back>?

Cheers,

If you have repeating fatal-errors in the same save-game then sent this save-game to Support@paradoxplaza.com

Together with your systemspecifications.

You won't get your money back I am afraid.

jordarkelf said:
It's quite clear that there are cracked versions of DV around, which may be (or are) introducing bugs not present in the official DV.
Not that I am accusing anyone, but I invite everyone who claims DV is unstable to put their money where their mouth is... register the game to prove you actually own it.

Of course there are actual game owners who also experience crashes, but since too many people aren't registering their game it is hard to get actual figures of how many proven game owners have an unstable install.

Frankly, I'm pretty fed up with blaming everything but the game for these crashes. I know they're not recreatable and therefore hard to get a handle on, but the attitude of the "haves" (those who don't get crashes) towards us "have nots" is really starting to grate on me.

The bottom line is this: I run DV on a brand new machine that also has at least 15 other games installed (including other Paradox titles that don't crash). I am not running any crazy background programs. I defrag regularly. I've worked in software development and IT for 15 years so I know how to configure and troubleshoot a computer, especially for something as simple as gaming. I've been a forum member for 7 years, and I've legally acquired and registered every Paradox game that I own. And yet the crashes continue. Please don't imply that I'm a pirate.

jordarkelf said:

I have fatal errors and I pretty sure that I don't have a cracked version of DV :). That I get fatal errors might have something to do with my modification, that is why I have started a game under vanilla DV and so far (1120) I don't have had a FE error yet. But in my other games those fatal errors happened after about 100 years of gameplay. So I still have a few years to go.

Also a lot of people who have said that they have fatal errors are long time members of this forum.

Also registering DV is free and not an obligation. If you think that somebody is a 'pirate' report it to a (demi-)moderator or administrator, don't go accussing people of piracy, or imply that they are pirates, in a general thread. Thank you :)

jordarkelf said:
Prove it (register your game).

I don't think I will. Mainly cause I don't need to so please mind your own business and stop acting like you're somebody who matters.

Benedictine said:
Tried clean install and no mods

Exception error again. I will now seek to get my money back and never buy Paradox again.
Wow. That is a pretty harsh comment coming from an EU3 and its x-pack owner. :eek:

I have tried to install the beta and run it?

Yes my last game was new install and no mods and beta 2.1 - same result. After 4 or 5 games of many hours play only for it to break down every time I can't bring myself to even try again, which is a shame as I think it's actually the best game they have made even if it's one of their oldest.

Veldmaarschalk said:
I have fatal errors and I pretty sure that I don't have a cracked version of DV :)
Yeah, the same here, although much less than under baseline DV. Seriously, in our multiplayer game about once an hour 3+ people will have a simultaneous fatal error.

Benedictine said:
Yes my last game was new install and no mods and beta 2.1 - same result. After 4 or 5 games of many hours play only for it to break down every time I can't bring myself to even try again, which is a shame as I think it's actually the best game they have made even if it's one of their oldest.
Hmmm... You should try to play a game with DVIP 9.2 installed and see if you have any crashes. I have been playing it for the past few days with that and no crashes that were not caused by me modding. Moreover the system I'm using has lots of issues with the registry and drivers. Believe it or not and it really needs a rebuild but I'm to lazy to do it right now. It is not really stable but it does seem to play DV for what it is worth.

Last edited:
ulmont said:
Yeah, the same here, although much less than under baseline DV. Seriously, in our multiplayer game about once an hour 3+ people will have a simultaneous fatal error.

Just want to inform people that I have bought a new PC today (a laptop) and I have started a game using my mod in the 1187 scenario, I am now 50 years into the game and haven't had any fatal errors, which is pretty extra-ordinary. :)

So my problem with the fatal errors might have been caused by my 'old' machine.

Veldmaarschalk said:
Just want to inform people that I have bought a new PC today (a laptop) and I have started a game using my mod in the 1187 scenario, I am now 50 years into the game and haven't had any fatal errors, which is pretty extra-ordinary. :)

So my problem with the fatal errors might have been caused by my 'old' machine.
Out of interest did you have the latest drivers installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.