• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carmina

Sergeant
58 Badges
Nov 9, 2005
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Starvoid
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
Hi,

I was trying to send a fosterling to Scotland when a Fatal Error occured.

He're the log :

######## EXCEPTION: 0xC0000005 at address: 0x004D7B17: ACCESS VIOLATION read attempt to address 0x00000008
10/04/07 19:20:10

Hope it will help

Edit : Error repeated twice,thanks to a previous auatosave... I keep the save if you wanna see it.

Upvote 0
Another...

######## EXCEPTION: 0xC0000005 at address: 0x005E1231: ACCESS VIOLATION read attempt to address 0x0000002C
10/04/07 19:49:46

The ledger worked well the first time I've played (before my first loading of a save), but since I try to continue after a save it crashes the game when I open some pages (here I was trying to open page 2 of the characters chapter of ledger, some other pages crash the game as well, I can reproduce the bug).

Last edited:
See this page: http://www.updatexp.com/0xC0000005.html

Make sure that your ram is working, run memetest.

My guess is that it's #2.

I got the same error, every time I try to access page 5 and 13 on the ledger. I'm using Linux. The game either freeze or I get an fatal error.

When it freeze I got this message in the console:
err:seh:setup_exception stack overflow 1912 bytes in thread 0013 eip 7c5fe5dc esp 01530888 stack 0x1531000-0x1a00000

When I get a fatal error I got this message from the console:

err:region:CombineRgn Invalid rgn=(nil)
err:region:CombineRgn Invalid rgn=(nil)

And this from the exceptionslog: ######## EXCEPTION: 0xC0000005 at address: 0x00408A91: ACCESS VIOLATION read attempt to address 0x00000000
10/04/07 16:05:25

I've verified the memory and tried several things like to stop my antivirus and to exclude Crusader Kings from DEP (there is a menu in system/ advanced options (in WinXP FE), in which you may allow programs to run scripts in memory), it changes nothing.

All saved games I load seem to trigger a fatal error if I try to open any page of the characters ledger (other than the 1st, I can open a chapter but clicking the "->" button = Fatal Error).

The strangest thing is : if I start a new game the ledger works well (... untill I save the game & reload).

ps : an even stranger thing, I have saves from CK 1.5, and I can load them and play in CK : DV with the ledger... but then if I save/reload in DV, I have the same bug.

Last edited:
My version of the above, since the exception code is the same I'll post it here with the others...

######## EXCEPTION: 0xC0000005 at address: 0x0043F7A2: ACCESS VIOLATION read attempt to address 0x367B8358
10/04/07 23:57:12

FinnN said:
Same here, from my log:

Only one freeze all evening though.

Have fun
Finn

It only happened once to me, after the first five minutes though. After that I closed Norton, because it's a major resource sucker, and it hasn't happened again. Not sure if it has anything to do.

I am afraid that without somesort of cast iron way to reproduce these crashes these log enteries don't help much. If you have a line of code in your log then we have something to work with.

Gaute65 said:
Is it possible to run the game in debug mode?

I spent yesterday having a debug game running and the damn thing just wouldn't crash. If I can a way to reproduce it then I can get the crash in debug and hopefully a fix can be done.

Gaute65 said:
To activate the debug mode you writes DEBUG after the exe?

No I run it thourgh Visual C++, that's why I need a way to reproduce.

filipe_fonseca said:
It only happened once to me, after the first five minutes though. After that I closed Norton, because it's a major resource sucker, and it hasn't happened again. Not sure if it has anything to do.

I have Norton too - wonder if it's relevant?

Have fun
Finn

Code:
######## EXCEPTION: 0xC0000005 at address: 0x02670EEE: ACCESS VIOLATION  read attempt to address 0x000050D0 
10/05/07 01:34:00

StackWalk(): GetLastError = 487

######## EXCEPTION: 0xC0000005 at address: 0x02670EEE: ACCESS VIOLATION  read attempt to address 0x000050D0 
10/05/07 01:37:12

This is not cool.

Last edited:
I have also been erred upon fatally:
Code:
######## EXCEPTION: 0xC0000005 at address: 0x0058A6A6: ACCESS VIOLATION  read attempt to address 0x00000214 
10/05/07 12:07:41
SymGetLineFromAddr(): GetLastError = 126

Status
Not open for further replies.