• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carmina

Sergeant
58 Badges
Nov 9, 2005
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Starvoid
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
Hi,

I was trying to send a fosterling to Scotland when a Fatal Error occured.

He're the log :

######## EXCEPTION: 0xC0000005 at address: 0x004D7B17: ACCESS VIOLATION read attempt to address 0x00000008
10/04/07 19:20:10

Hope it will help

Edit : Error repeated twice,thanks to a previous auatosave... I keep the save if you wanna see it.

Upvote 0
######## EXCEPTION: 0xC0000005 at address: 0x0CAE1B02: ACCESS VIOLATION read attempt to address 0x00000040
02/11/08 14:12:39

######## EXCEPTION: 0xC0000005 at address: 0x0B0A1B02: ACCESS VIOLATION read attempt to address 0x00000040
02/11/08 14:15:38

######## EXCEPTION: 0xC0000005 at address: 0x0CAE1B02: ACCESS VIOLATION read attempt to address 0x00000040
02/11/08 14:19:22

Repeated crashes.
DV 2.1b
Windows XP SP2

Exception errors pop up during the sound initialization. Nothing helps so far. A couple of days before (on Saturday) it was all nicely playable. Can't figure out what happened.

UPDATE: Following the advice from Tech Support renamed the music folder to music.old and this exception does not occur anymore. The music folder looks as was initially when I installed the game. What could be the reason for such behaviour?

Last edited:
Similar problem... Any hope of help?

My DV game crashes on the last day of January of my current game, no matter what I do between opening the game and that date.

I get a similar error message, and the following exception log entry:

######## EXCEPTION: 0xC0000005 at address: 0x0044BC53: ACCESS VIOLATION read attempt to address 0x00000180
02/14/08 15:04:00
SymGetLineFromAddr(): GetLastError = 126

Does anyone know how to get round this?

Thanks,

JB3

P.S. - I have heard that some people are happier with the 2.1beta patch. I see a thread about it in the main CK forum, but, being something of a Luddite, I don't actually understand how to install it - the readme file says to overwrite bits that I am unaware of the location of. Any advice?

Well, got past the date with the 2.1beta patch... so maybe this sorted it.

As a technical retard, I found installing the patch a bit of a pain. Is there not an easier way? I had to go and get another programme (for the .rar file) just to open this one.

Anyway, thank you to Johan for doing the patch in the first place!

JB3

jb3 said:
As a technical retard, I found installing the patch a bit of a pain. Is there not an easier way? I had to go and get another programme (for the .rar file) just to open this one.

JB3

That is because it is a quick-fix/beta-patch.

Official patches come with an automatic installer

I'm having repeated fatal errors aswell. I was almost willing to live with it to begin with, but they appear to be getting more frequent the further I get into a game. A little irritating.

So I decided to give DV another whirl since I got a new computer. I should have known better. I couldn't even make it until 1090.

I would strongly encourage whoever is making the patch to take a look at the process of changing titles. In all of the games that I've tried, the fatal errors start coming within months after I get a new title.

Not that it will matter, but here's the latest bomb out. It happened right after I saved and reloaded after creating the Duke of Savoie title as Count of Savoie:

######## EXCEPTION: 0xC0000005 at address: 0x0043F7C2: ACCESS VIOLATION read attempt to address 0x1720C0B8
03/10/08 22:25:03

DV is back on the shelf once again after less than 2 hours of play on my new machine. I'm tired of banging my head against this wall. I'm not even sure I'm going to come back after the "real" patch is released.

Also geeting Fatal Error Message

I have installed Des Vult
Running on Vista
If I use my current saved game it consistently reproduces in about 5 or so years (using the 1066 scenario)

*** Unhandled Exception Detected!
Address: 0x0042F17F

Exception file:
######## EXCEPTION: 0xC0000005 at address: 0x0057BFB6: ACCESS VIOLATION read attempt to address 0x00000210
03/09/08 21:43:42

######## EXCEPTION: 0xC0000005 at address: 0x0058A6A6: ACCESS VIOLATION read attempt to address 0x00000214
03/12/08 22:35:25

######## EXCEPTION: 0xC0000005 at address: 0x0057BFB6: ACCESS VIOLATION read attempt to address 0x00000210
03/13/08 19:04:21

######## EXCEPTION: 0xC0000005 at address: 0x0044BC53: ACCESS VIOLATION read attempt to address 0x00000180
03/13/08 19:35:29

03/13/08 19:37:52

Ardrigh said:
Apparently the bugs are hard to track down from just those exception errors unless it also refers to a specific line of code. The best way to report these crashes is if you are able to consistently crash a game at a certain point, to compress and e-mail the saved game with specific steps on how to reproduce the crash to support@paradoxplaza.com.

bump. still not recieved a single one that can be reproduced with the latest beta.

Johan said:
bump. still not recieved a single one that can be reproduced with the latest beta.

Does it have to be from an unmodded install? I have a save game that crashes reliably for me (several actually) but I'm running the three mods in Jordarkelf's sig. I've also been using the save game relation fixer. I imagine that probably disqualifies any of my saves.

Have you thought of releasing a debug version of the .exe like you did with the original CK to iron out those crash bugs?

I've worked in software development and I know how hard it is to track this stuff down. I (and I'm sure a number of other users here) am willing to go to great lengths to get you the info you need to track this down.

trajan said:
Does it have to be from an unmodded install? I have a save game that crashes reliably for me (several actually) but I'm running the three mods in Jordarkelf's sig. I've also been using the save game relation fixer. I imagine that probably disqualifies any of my saves.

Have you thought of releasing a debug version of the .exe like you did with the original CK to iron out those crash bugs?

I've worked in software development and I know how hard it is to track this stuff down. I (and I'm sure a number of other users here) am willing to go to great lengths to get you the info you need to track this down.

Yeah, I'd prefer an unmodded install.

I have a savegame, unmodded game with beta patch, crashes always before december in this savegame, and playing with 1066 sceneraio..

Would like you guys to look at it if you are interested, can send it through mail or upload it if anyone knows a good page..

Pretty darn interesting because it was a real good game. :(

I've now had this same access violation in a short space of time:

Code:
######## EXCEPTION: 0xC0000005 at address: 0x0057BFB6: ACCESS VIOLATION  read attempt to address 0x00000210 
03/22/08 16:36:46

######## EXCEPTION: 0xC0000005 at address: 0x0057C3B6: ACCESS VIOLATION  read attempt to address 0x00000210 
03/24/08 01:22:41

I installed the latest beta patch after it happened the first time, but apparently it doesn't help. Could this please be fixed? You DO realize it's ruining the game, right?

I'm done playing this until this is fixed. No point in playing when you're game gets ruined by this. Can't be arsed to have auto-save like every month as it takes a long time to save a game.

jsl said:
I've now had this same access violation in a short space of time:

Code:
######## EXCEPTION: 0xC0000005 at address: 0x0057BFB6: ACCESS VIOLATION  read attempt to address 0x00000210 
03/22/08 16:36:46

######## EXCEPTION: 0xC0000005 at address: 0x0057C3B6: ACCESS VIOLATION  read attempt to address 0x00000210 
03/24/08 01:22:41

I installed the latest beta patch after it happened the first time, but apparently it doesn't help. Could this please be fixed? You DO realize it's ruining the game, right?

I'm done playing this until this is fixed. No point in playing when you're game gets ruined by this. Can't be arsed to have auto-save like every month as it takes a long time to save a game.
How do you expect the programmers to debug the error? They will have to reproduce it first to test it, then to see if their fix resolves it.

Can you upload a savegame pls?

If you really want a fix, then I humbly suggest that you do what the rest of us have to do. Make a note of date the error occurs. Load your last savegame, replay it almost ad verbetum as much as possible to a time just before that point. Save it again and play on to see if the error is reproduced.

Yes - I dont like it, but unless there is more feedback from the community, these issues arent going to be recognised anytime soon. :(

2Coats said:
How do you expect the programmers to debug the error? They will have to reproduce it first to test it, then to see if their fix resolves it.

Can you upload a savegame pls?

If you really want a fix, then I humbly suggest that you do what the rest of us have to do. Make a note of date the error occurs. Load your last savegame, replay it almost ad verbetum as much as possible to a time just before that point. Save it again and play on to see if the error is reproduced.

Yes - I dont like it, but unless there is more feedback from the community, these issues arent going to be recognised anytime soon. :(

My last save game is like 5 months before that, I can't possibly play it ad verbetum from that. Also, I do NOT get paid to do testing for Paradox for god sake. That's work. I didn't pay for this game to be able to work for Paradox for free.

I appreciate that this isnt ideal. We are all stuck in the same boat. Frankly, I dont have much time to spend on playing methodically either. However, Ive played a few games myself going into the 100s of years and the few errors I do get arent critical.

Therefore, I can only offer the suggestion that you help yourself by at least sending this one error, so the dev team has something to work from! If a thousand people are playing the game and each one sends one savegame in.... well Im sure you can do the math.

And no I dont get paid either. But I dont have a problem with DV! Well not as much of one that others do.

One last thing if you cant play ad verbetum, the as close as - at least with the event choice you get this time round. If you reproduce the bug - then you will know for sure that the bug is reproducible and something the team can work from.

Best of luck,
A fellow CK: DV player. :)

i never had crash with dv until i installed the latest patch. I've gotten a fatal error in every game I've started.

Status
Not open for further replies.