• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Miihkali

Old Guard
6 Badges
Apr 11, 2007
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • For The Glory
  • Rome Gold
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
SERBIA WILL RULE THE BALKAN - and the world
Modern Day Scenario 2 AAR

This will be my first AAR when playing Doomsday and also this will be my first game ever I played MDS, so I know about MDS only what Piko has told in his AAR.

Chapters of this AAR

I. Start
II. Question of FYRoM
III. Albanian Adventure
IV. Crushing Croatia
V. Uniting Serbocroatia
VI. New Yugoslavia
VII. Building super power - part I
VIII. Building super power - part II
IX. Building super power - part III
X. Stalingrad in Yugoslavia

My Settings:

• Playing as Serbia & Montenegro
  • Difficulty Normal, AI aggressiviness Normal
  • DD1.3a & MDS 1.4 (newest version)
  • Also using Design Mod Projekt
  • Using few cheats: I don't know why, but Serbia can't build enough consumer goods, if I put all my industry to consumer goods, I anyway lack some percents of money), so I'll use money cheat. Also I'm going to give some other resources for free because trading is very messy in MDS2
  • And made my nation to dictatorship (in normal MDS serbia is democracy)

Background

The 'war on terror' started in 2001 when superior american forces invaded Afghanistan. Afghani terrorist striked in 9/11 to Wolrd Trade Centre towers and in long run caused large growth of American interventionism, and same time they forced United States to war against Taleban-ruled Afghanistan. Quickly U.S. army striked to Afghanistan, Taleban-government falled and Afghanistan was set under Hamid Karzai's puppet government. Then followed nearly two years of lobbing, gearing up for war and - finally - strike to Iraq.

george_bush.jpg

"We didn't start this war, but we will win it!"

Iraq falled very quickly, Baghdad were taken by American troops and Iraqi army surrender. But Iraq war caused much bigger effect in global policies than Afghanestan war. Even oil crisis launched, world started to split bigger blocks, all nations in world have to think about their defence. But battles between Iraqi rebels and troops of Coalition of the Willing haven't stopped, on the contrary: every day dies tens of Iraqis and many American soldiers.

Serbia & Montenegro

And then we come to Serbia:

National resource lacking, which have caused by improving Chinese industry, American growing need of oil and steel and ending of Iraqi oil production. Also, in Serbia, energy crisis caused big setback for industry and in 2003 elections Serbian Radical Party won the elections. Vojislav Sheshel came to power and his national radicalists became ready for much expansionist policy.

Political uncorrect cabinet of Serbia & MN

"First, we need new doctrines for our army. We can't secure our nation without modern army", said Sheshel and best doctrine teams of Serbia were ordered to focus on Strategic warfare. As we know, professional officers newer want war, but with some 'persuasion' they accepted more 'physical' foreign policies. Chief of Army, Dragan Paskas, started to improve Serbian army.

"And, second, why we should trust to our neigbours, because if they have eyes, they never trust to us!" Sheshel declared and ordered spies to infiltrate inside Serbia's biggest neighbour and worst enemy, these damned Catholic-revisionist-communist-capitalist-Croatians. Spying succeed very well, but when Serbia in later summer tried add more spies, it mostly sucked and relations between Serbia and Croatia decreased remarkable.

"And third, we need to reinforce and improve our army's quality. It's just obsoloted, needs reinforcing and aircraft cannot operate without any air doctrine," he said and so Serbian factories started to reinforce army, produce new weapons etc. Anyway, without any improvements Serbian army was quite big, at least strongest in Balkan region and had very much armour and mechanized divisions.

And then Sheshel added: "Fourth, now I'll go to sleep"

OK, that was start of my AAR. How I should continue this? I tried bit more text-based AAR, but does it suck? Or did you like it? In next update there will be also some action :D

Last edited:
I will 100% follow this AAR. Also you have to change your government to this:

Head of Government - Tomislav Nikolic
Foreign Minister - Vojslav Seselj
Minister of Armament - Aleksandar Vucic
Head of Military Intelligence - Gordana-Pop Lazic
Chief of Staff - Aleksandar Vucic
Minister of Security - Tomislav Nikolic

You have all of them in MDS2.

GOOD LUCK!!!!​

Admiral Yamamot: Yes, I selected it because it's most ready and interesting mod for DD. And thanks :D
Deus Eversor: Yes, they are all easy targets because they aren't in NATO of Coalition.
Užičkibombarder: Thanks :) These ministers are all changed to get so much IC as possible
Piko: But your AAR is still (and will be forever) first MDS2 AAR.
Nabendu: what's Grande? I didn't found it from dictionary :(
rcduggan: thanks a lot!

Question of FYRoM

After re-equipping Serbian army, Serbia started campaign to get some territories back. Once Serbian kingdom ruled Macedonia, and later Yugoslavia all West Balkans. In early April 2003 Serbia & Montenegro started debate with FYRoM: there's one area in northern Macedonia which is wanted by Serbia. Foreign Velimir Ilic was sent to Macedonia, where negotiations started in Kumanovo, and Ilic presented Serbian claims.

"Growing threat by Croatia-Bosnian clique and NATO forces us to secure our borders, and we are sad to say, that we don't feel our southern border very well secured." said Ilic but he also offered that Serbia can give these areas back when threat is gone. Macedonians had also some sympathy for Serbians, but also they felt that they simply can't present their territories to neighbours when they claim it. Ilic lost his calmness and gave re-drawed map of Macedonia for Macedonian ministers: "This will be new map of FYRoM or we can't promise that peace will stay!"

Serbian claim

FYRoM had three days time to accept or refuse and same time three Serbian divisions were moved near of Serbian-Macedonian border. FYRoM refused and Seselj saw only one change to launch the crisis: April 22 Serbia declared war against FYRoM and three motorized divisions crossed the border same time than three mechanized divisions were giving support. Macedonian defense fighted back only few hours, and after it superior Serbian forces marched to Skopje.

May 17 2003 Serbian army arrived to Skopje and defeated weak counterattack. Then FYRoM was annexed to Serbian territory.

Also it seemed that North Korea and Kim Jong Il liked about Serbian foreign policies, because they barely influenced policies of Serbia.

Then Seselj declared: "That was only prologue! Because it was so easy to eat Macedonia, I'll only ask: 'What we could eat tomorrow?'"

Damn this look great! Unite yugoslavia once more or create a greater Serbia! :)

Subscribed..

MDS AAR again? Good luck!

And „Razbojnik”, is that Serbian? Does it mean warrior? (Romanian has războinic and it means warrior)

For, umm.. Greater Serbia and Montenegro!
Note that if you invade Bosnia, Croatia should almost definately intervene and NATO should probably not stay back either.
Invading Albania will be even worse, so I don't know how you will go from here.

Last edited:
nice to see mds aar. :) whos next?

Piko said:
/insert shameless merchandising/ there's another MDS AAR, chapter 13 is being written as we speak! /end shameless merchandising/

Anyway, nice update!
It's not polite to advertise in other people's AARs. You have already brought up dead AARs to advertise.

but to Miik: Great update! the FYRoM (why not call it Macedonia) has fallen!

Lol, it was just a joke man, relax.
And I swear I really didn't know that AAR was dead but that's not for us to discuss here, where we should be discussing this great AAR!
I wish you the best of luck Miihkali, I have read your former AAR's too, and if this is even half as good, it'll be truly great!

Hannibal Barca2 said:
"We didn't start this war, but we will win it!"

„Or so the story goes...”

Anyway, Bush is likely to intervene on behalf of who can give him the biggest economical advantage (aka who's more willing to sell profitable key assets to coorporations). So you may want to offer some state mining companies for sale.