• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sounds nifty. Will have to wait a week or two before buying it though, unless it will effect my assignment that is soon due...

OH MY GOD! I can't wait for tomorrow!

This is a lot better than I had ever hoped. The prospect of becoming emperor, no Muslim hordes in central Europe, the new traits rivals and friends is just overwhelming!

I am counting the hours!

~Lord Valentine~

I really hope my flipping Paypal sorts itself out!

Gaute65 said:
Looks very good.

How big is the download file?

about 16KB

Johan you guys at Paradox are my fovorit game company. I dont know if there is anyway to say thank you more than buying your great products.

Keep up the great work!

This is awesome news, I discoverd CK only this year but still find it the best title of paradox, I cant wait for this expansion. If i was depressed I would have been insta cured of it :rofl: and that for 14,95 no shrink can beat that. Well done and thanks for keeping CK alive.

I sure do hope that Mongols are tweaked in another way since they keep their old religious war rules.

Otherwise, I am extremely satisfied and can't wait until tomorrow.

that really looks awesome !

THE BEST PARADOX GAME IS GETTING EVEN BETTER !!!

ha ha ha :D

b.t.w. - did you guys tweak the Mongols a little ?

Am I understanding this correctly?

"Secondly you
no longer conquer a province on capture; rather the ruler of the commander
controlling the siege picks up a claim on it." -Johan

So if i am a duke or count, and take a muslim province, or any enemy province i dont get to keep it or the title? :eek:

Tell me I am wrong, because i dont understand how the game is playable as anything but a king if thats true. How else can you expand your demense?
Unless they have dramatically reduced prestige costs to claim a title, its going to take eons to expand, and i dont see any point in crusading anymore unless your a king.

Last edited:
Rambo said:
So if i am a duke or count, and take a muslim province, or any enemy province i dont get to keep it or the title? :eek:
No, as I understand it, when your regiment wins the siege you control, but not own, the province and get a claim on the title. (Almost) The same as how it works for taking land from fellow Christians.

Rambo said:

"Secondly you

Tell me I am wrong, because i dont understand how the game is playable as anything but a king if thats true. How else can you expand your demense?

I think it means that you as a ruler (count, duke or king) will get a claim on that province, you don't have to be present as a ruler, it might also be your marshal or courtier or a vassal of you, who leads the siege. And then you can demand that province in a peace-deal.

Of course when have given your AI-liege control over your armies, he will get the claims and not you.

Rambo said:

"Secondly you

example. You are king Louis of France. You are commanding a stack that is besieging Valencia.

In the meantime - the duke of Anjou - your vassal, is also commanding a stack and is besieging Cordoba.

This results - after successfully capturing both provinces - in you getting a claim on Valencia and the duke of Anjou getting a claim on Cordoba.

Suppose Anjou has already captured 4 provinces and settles a peace deal before you do - f.e. he gets Cordoba. You can still negotiate peace with the muslim king to get f.e. Valencia.

please correct me if I'm wrong ...

This seems to me one of the best improvements to the game, just to get rid of the exhaustive religious wars that are a walkover.

I think it just means if your marshal (or other courtier) is in charge then the ruler (be it count, duke or king) gets the title. At the moment (pre-DV) if your marshal is in charge and a duke turns up at the siege 5 minutes before the end then the duke swipes the result from under your nose. Once you have the title claim you can then ask for the province in the peace settlement at the end of the war.

Overall I like this as it'll stop swathes of a religious enemy's territory going up in smoke, but on the other hand you're now going to have to gain a major victory to force the AI to give up the odd territory here and there - unless the AI's been tweaked to make compromise peaces more frequently.

Have fun
Finn