+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Deus Vult - A Brief Overview

Studio Manager Paradox Dev Team Johan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries

Deus Vult - A Brief Overview

Here's a 6 pages PDF we put together for you to see what DV is all about.
    Attached Files

Johan Andersson
    Studio Manager at Paradox Development Studio AB - Follow me at Twitter!

"A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!"

For our Patching and Expansion Policy, read here...

Read here why EU4 requires steam!

Achtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonland
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    Lead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2
    Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black Cove
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    StarvoidThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesPride of Nations500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatia1871
    Urrah - Many Thanks and All Glory to Johan!
    Don't forget the babes!
    Thanks!

Bad mojo Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Excellent stuff !

Just one more day

Just skimmed through it, very nice
    For the Glory: A Europa Universalis Game

Grand Admiral of SKIF

HOI2 DDA sprites:
    Air Units | Naval Units | Land Units
    Minor sprite pack | DD interface mod

V:Revolutions unit sprites:
    Naval Units

Fantastic new features, this has probably just saved CK. Can't wait for tomorrow now.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia
    EU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    I couldn't be happier
    Faith in Humanity Meter - ||||||||||
    The Ink Well

Let's Play M&B Warband 1257AD!

Achtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonland
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    Lead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2
    Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black Cove
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    StarvoidThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesPride of Nations500k club

Please remember that taking the opportunity to murder a fosterling is consider a
    horrendous act and will earn you the train kinslayer if you are discovered

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

So much good stuff. I can hardly wait.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2
    Europa Universalis IV

Excellent, this is all that I could have hoped for and more. I can hardly wait!

Totus arx occupamur nos.

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

That courtier loyalty looks great - I can't wait to see what hilarity might ensue when you have a disloyal spy master! Similarly the friendship concept might lead you to staffing your court positions with sub-optimal characters just to maintain their friendship. Yay for lackeys...

Other features, such as fosterlings, pledging allegiance and religious wars, etc etc, also look supremely interesting. There's really too many to list. Frankly I'm almost giddy with excitement.
    Freedom in capitalist society always remains about the same as it was in the ancient Greek republics: freedom for the slave-owners
    VI Lenin

Thanks for the preview! I might have to wait up til 3am on the US coast

3.1 Claims
    There are additional events now added to remove claims from people. The older the
    claim is the more likely it is to be lost. Also if you change the succession laws,
    anyone who has lost the right of inheritance will now pick up a claim against your
    title.
    Oooof! That could get rather interesting if you change your elective law to primo.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindLeviathan: WarshipsVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club

this.... this looks mighty fine Nice! Now.... where can I get my hands on some extra cash? hmmm

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Sounds very good
    The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H.P. Lovecraft

"Verteidiger des wahren Forums! Orden erster Klasse"

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I generally prefer to lurk rather than post superlatives but I had to post to say that these improvements look amazing. I am eagerly anticipating arriving home from work tomorrow night!
    Oh, yeah, what are you gonna do? Release the dogs? Or the bees? Or the dogs with bees in their mouth and when they bark, they shoot bees at you?

--Homer Simpson

Crazy Crusader Kings Creator jordarkelf's Avatar
    70 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyArsenal of Democracy
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DungeonlandEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossKing Arthur IILead and Gold
    LegioThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2March of the Eagles
    Naval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the RosesPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Looks really good. I was going to get DV anyway, but it's great to see that this expansion really improves the game a lot.

One change I really like is that you got rid of the Muhammeds being born in western families

200k clubCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacy
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Looks very good.

How big is the download file?
    Paradox Linux User Group

Age, catamite- fac mihi hunc diem felicissimum.

Johan's Home Account Paradox Dev Team Balor's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Quote Originally Posted by ComradeOm
    That courtier loyalty looks great - I can't wait to see what hilarity might ensue when you have a disloyal spy master! Similarly the friendship concept might lead you to staffing your court positions with sub-optimal characters just to maintain their friendship. Yay for lackeys...
    My King got killed by one just today

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaVictoria: RevolutionsWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesPride of Nations
    500k club

it's just one more opportunity to get a ruler killed

well, I wasn't happy to have my excellent Duke killed by his bastard son yesterday, but I like this feature.
    Victory, we fight to win!
    Victory, is ours again!
    We are the scourge of the land and sea,
    Beastly pirates are we!

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlagueEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Finally found Jehanne's chastity belt! But can't get the key in.
    Lools like my Uni studies just went through the floor.

Aye.
    "I Have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." - Stephan Hawkings

Owner of a Golden Phoenix cookie! Extremely Proud owner of a BiB cookie! I also have a very special Johan cookie as well
    Owner of 7 2Coaties
    "Why not? The primary causes for union are, thankfully, long gone. So why are we hanging on to it? For the sake of sentimentality? An uncertain economic argument that's easily dismissed? Nah. Go forth, Scots. All power to your elbow. You'll take the oil and we'll take the nukes, and we'll be in Brussels afore ye. And so on." - Rabid Bogling

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast