• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'd prefer not having a nameplate, it can be clicked in any other map of as Viden says trough a neighbording province.

The blue/red dots are only to indicate where the port and the cities are located, I think Hannibal replace them by something else but I don't know.

Maybe we could merge the Baleares, yes, and create a 'Cadix' province. Since cadix is the most relevant city in the region, the 'Cadix' province will take a pice of the Seville province.

How Cadix province should look like:

cadixoi9.jpg

No suggestions for Poland? :mad: OK (I still have one, but I can wait) :p , but... I'll be back :cool:

I have one advice if you plan to draw Gibraltar so small, you can use 'nameplate' like we for Gibraltar in E3Map. Continental Gibraltar will look like in reality, but won't be extremelly unclickable and you'll be able to place all needed installations: port, airport, fortifications, army an still have chance to click on this province.

Second advice is using normal blue line with red band (not this blue-red dots - it's hell!). You can do it by blending options of layer using stroke (in Photoshot 2 px line with 1 px outside stroke, we'll it in E3Map). It's much easier, quicker and in my opinion looks better. :cool:

If you need IDs, merge some provinces in Siberia, no one use it, even Russians :D.

To do those lines I would have to remake whole map... Anyways I employed my nice girlfriend to do most of these, as she was eager to help me with whatever I was doing lol :D And I just make the red band; I have techniques easily adding the blue ;)

The name plate idea is good :) I think we should do similar with certain colonies around the world, just to justify their small size ;p

Poland is still available to do some edit if you're quick posting before I make borders map

I have a question regarding the Memel region. In Hannibal's map the province is known by its Lithuanian name, Kalipeda. If there is no WW1 and Germany never looses the area, why would the name change? I think it should remain as Memel.

Poland is still available to do some edit if you're quick posting before I make borders map

Ok, so my idea was to divide Poznań to Poznań and Bydgoszcz. Bydgoszcz was and still is a big city (in 1939: 141 000 inhabitants, in 2007: 361 222 inhabitants). Wielkopolska/Greater Poland is one of most important Polish region - first capital - Gniezno etc. so would be nice to see it correctly drawn in game. That's my last proposition for Poland, I think. I know that you would need new ID , but you can merge some provinces in Siberia or Sahara.

wielkopolskannlo3.png

And you're really lucky, I have to do it all myself :p

p.s. If Oppeln will be Polish at start it should be Opole and maybe Danzig changed to Gdańsk.

I'd prefer not having a nameplate, it can be clicked in any other map of as Viden says trough a neighbording province.

The blue/red dots are only to indicate where the port and the cities are located, I think Hannibal replace them by something else but I don't know.

Maybe we could merge the Baleares, yes, and create a 'Cadix' province. Since cadix is the most relevant city in the region, the 'Cadix' province will take a pice of the Seville province.

How Cadix province should look like:

cadixoi9.jpg

You mean Cádiz? :)

Oh sorry Cadix is in French. :p

It will remain Oppeln and Danzig because at the start both regions are part of Germany. Klapeidia should also be Memel, if may be changed if it does not pause a problem.

For Bygdoszcszs (sp?) well, see with Hannibal, there is already alot of provinces in this region and if the work on the provinces propers have already begin... well... see with Hannibal, I leave that matter to his discretion.

You guys taking map requests? 'Cause in my opinion, fixing up Jerusalem and the area around Istanbul / Constantinople would be tops!

With regard to Jerusalem, the current map is just plain wrong, and the River Jordan makes me cringe whenever I see it! What I would recommend would be to correct the river (basically make it flow straight north to south without that bend) and have a West Bank and an East Bank.

With regard to the straits and Constantinople / Istanbul, I reckon it would be cool to have an urban city, and the rest of Thrace as separate.

But I am loving the map at the moment anyway, so I will still love it I think whether you add in these suggestions of mine or not!

You mean Cádiz? :)

Yes please. :)

PS: I thought you merge balearic islands before. Well, it will fre 2 IDs, Cádiz could be one. And the other? Another spanish province or we will use it for France or A-H? If it will be another spanish province, I suggest to split Toledo or Cáceres in two.

PPS: Merge other islands can help us to gain more ID's.

Ah! So much inactivity suddenly replaced!

The map is looking fantastic, GG, any plans on new releases, or just taking it as it comes?

I had stopped making new events for a while as I knew that eventually a new map would come and I'd had to remake them all.

This is what can be expected:

Hannibal finishes the map changes (will probably take some time), then I integrate it in the mod, by making the required changes in the scenario files, the revolt file, etc.

Then I retouch every events to integrate the new map, so every peace event or anything that involve provinces will need retouching.

Hannibal has some ides for the AI, btw Hanni I don't exactly know what you need by a 'timeline', I need further explainations of what you want exactly.

Then I may rewrite a few small events that I have in mind, but mostly next release will be about the new map & its consequences on the events.

Just to have some idea who is going to be friendly towards whom and what s chemes AI should follow :) I could of course make guesses, but you might wish to give some basic idea, as well as AI behavior should fit with your events (like if France turn imperialist, this will effect its behaviour both on internal and foreign policy)

Would you like French Imperial AI to pledge for world conquest after eventual victory against Germany? Perhaps relations souring up between Russia and France in peacetime with shared borders leadin to eventual cold/hot war?

Shall Germans focus on first beating out France and then turn against Russia, or be mostly on defencive? Shall Germany focus on putting out Great Britain if they are enemy and France is beaten, or proceed with Barbarossa?

Is Italy friendly towards German alliance or French alliance or they hate them both? What about Japan? Will they attack British or German colonies if they see it necessary or both?

Shall USA care about what is going on in China? Where is USA "sphere of influence", will they react if European nations attack South America?

--------------------

Anyhow I wont begin with this before I finish painting and program map ;)

My general ideas:

France: the imperialist AI should attack Germany agressivly during the war (but not before, random DoWs screws everything).

After the war is over on the continent France should proceed with building up its fleet.

The main reasons why France and Russia were allied historically is that thier spheres of influences are not in conflict: Russia have ambitions in the Balkans and in eastern Europe while France is usually more interested in wester/central Europe.

There could be some frictions about Poland however- if it survived the war, it will emerge enlarged (Poznan, Danzig, Galicia), and France could press for a Free Poland then. But this should not be our priority, what is important is to help the AI to attack mainland Germany, something that usually don't happen even if the French troops on the border are superiors.

Post war it should not be too imperialist, a policy change can be operated during event 550047, where Charles Maurras is dismissed (if he is dismissed, France should become more peacefull).
--
Germany: should not be too ambitious, its priority should be to defend itself and prevent Austria from collasping. After the war I don't see why it would not keep cordial relations with Britain.

--
Italy: opportunistic. The current way it enters the war is too simple, it should take several months before Italy joins the war. And it should enter the war on an opportunist manner, for example if Austria is threatened by Russia, of if France is successfull on its offensive in Western Germany, it will Join France's side. On the other side if the Germans are near Paris and Poland is not on the map anymore, then why not join Germany.

--
USA: I seriously have absolutly no ideas about it. I don't know how it should behave, I made it isolationist because anything involving it would screw the balance and I prefered to leave it neutral. We will leave it like this for now.

You guys taking map requests? 'Cause in my opinion, fixing up Jerusalem and the area around Istanbul / Constantinople would be tops!

With regard to Jerusalem, the current map is just plain wrong, and the River Jordan makes me cringe whenever I see it! What I would recommend would be to correct the river (basically make it flow straight north to south without that bend) and have a West Bank and an East Bank.

With regard to the straits and Constantinople / Istanbul, I reckon it would be cool to have an urban city, and the rest of Thrace as separate.

But I am loving the map at the moment anyway, so I will still love it I think whether you add in these suggestions of mine or not!

I got another request - how about putting in some more of the islands on Greece's western coast - Kefalonia looks lonely! Maybe Corfu too? BTW, if you are not taking requests / are finding my muttering here irritating, lemme know and I will shut my mouth. :p

Hey there, have been playing your wonderful mod - thanks to all those who have helped to craft such an original and professional mod!

One query though: I found myself wondering whether any of Germany's AI files have been altered? The war in 1939 goes really well for the Reich, but in early 1940, troops start to desert the Eastern Front / Russian border in their droves to head west, leaving the Russians a free run in East Prussia and a free march toward Berlin?

Is this possibly because the German AI is still the WWII / "prepare for the invasion of the Low Countries" / vanilla version.

Or was it just an odd and uncharacteristic game for me?

Regards and thanks,

jonno

I got another request - how about putting in some more of the islands on Greece's western coast - Kefalonia looks lonely! Maybe Corfu too? BTW, if you are not taking requests / are finding my muttering here irritating, lemme know and I will shut my mouth. :p

Depends on General Grant and how long he is willing to wait for the map updates... I am finished with all fixes in colorscale now, and are working with the dreaded red dots on borders..

Remember the AI has still not yet been fully fixed, and German AI is hardly entered at all. I plan to make all from scrap making AI more determined, flexible and harder to defeat, which can only be done once I finish map fixes as I am just one man :D

Code:
Colorscales - 100%
Borders - 48%
Province boundaries - 0%
Tiles - 0%
Province connections - 0%
Highly suspected bugfixing - 0%
Province facility locations: - 0%
Reshare of recources/facilities, renaming of provinces: - 0%

Total: 18.5%

Having Berlin not directly on the Polish border is not really a priority, since there is no Cold War in this mod... and the section of Berlin (west Berlin) is imho too small to constitute a province.

Excellent job Hanni!

If you have the time, I suggest you continue with Poland. Its very linked with Germany, that would prevent to make connections for the old Polish map and then remake them with the new Polish map once its done too.

For Usti, well, no. It will be a '4 corners' I guess, like the one in Regensburg/Linz/Munich/Salzburg, another one in Augsburg/Nuremberg/Freiburg/Stuttgart, and Aachen/Munster/Arhnem/Eindhoven. You can go to the two directly connected but not to the one in diagonal.

For the dots, ports and cities:

mapwithidszv7.png

I also included suggested IDs, to limit re-naming of provinces to the minimum. 'New' provinces need new IDs, they have '???' on them.

Edit: we don't really need the Kolding province. Merge it with Flensbrug and call it Flensbug. That saves ID 89, and was my initial intention.

This picture wont load anymore but I need it :(

I am tempted to download again, but I'm wondering if any changes have been made recently to the download?

Not yet, so I'd suggest you to wait for the new version with the new map.:)

Hannibal: strange, even in your quote it loaded for me. Here is it again:
mapwithidszv7.png