• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
WOW!!

What will the British Dominions do???
Fight back against the oppressors and kill the British Empire. :D

Australia, South Africa, Canada and New Zealand could become an alliance pyrely seeking to destroy Britains rule over them and her colonies.

Fgorginator said:
WOW!!

What will the British Dominions do???
Fight back against the oppressors and kill the British Empire. :D

Australia, South Africa, Canada and New Zealand could become an alliance pyrely seeking to destroy Britains rule over them and her colonies.

But, they like the Empire, thats why they didn't revolt historically! (if they wanted to do they would've why the UK was weak after WW!, like Ireland)

!!!

Crush3r said:
Well, that would be a point of conflict. Bulgaria wants Dobruja, at least the South portion. But you've got your facts wrong. Romania wanted it (the portion currently in Romanian territory - the South wasn't such a justified territorial ambition) from the start, as it had been a constituent of Wallachia until the Ottomans annexed it into the Empire directly, as opposed to the rest of the Principality which was beyond the Danube. There WAS a lot of hesitation over exchanging South Bessarabia as it was seen as a way to get back all of Bessarabia, leaving Romanians to the Russian empire wasn't seen as a safe thing to do at that time and because the presence of the Danube meant a big bridge would have to be built across it, to make for a more accessible trade route (the Saligny bridge was commissioned afterwards).

Well i guess you`re right about the Northern part bulgarians as i said were minority there,however i think you`re going a bit too far by giving examples of the Medieval ages.With the same logic the whole of Dobrudja was part of the Bulgarian empire(tsardom to be precise)for many centuries even the whole of Dacia.But things change i guess so we shouldn`t bother to find such an old examples.You must admit however that claiming Southern Dobrudja was a pure imperialistic behavior as the bulgarian claims on the city of Solun(note the city not the local area).

ps:Maybe we can outline some events which would lead to the war now that KR is almost finished.Do you think Serbia and Romania would join forces against Bulgaria?

Last edited:
yourworstnightm said:
Perhaps congress Poland should present claims of Russia if they break free.

That might just work, though this 'Poland' would be rther a tripple protectorate ( GoI from all three neighbours and some other powers such as the UK ) such as Kraków Republic ( 1815-48) so maybe instead of a puppet it might be a country with high isolationism and conservative government (afraid of any action) which would become less and less popular - new generation would demand changes and would cooperate with secret organisations in polish areas still away from this 'Poland'. Some sort of a coup or a revolution ( most likely left-wing, but for sure not radical leftist) might happen and trigger a chain of event demolishing the status quo in the region and lead to major conflict afterwards.

Gigalocus said:
But, they like the Empire, thats why they didn't revolt historically! (if they wanted to do they would've why the UK was weak after WW!, like Ireland)

!!!

So??
It would add a twist to the game.
You should here the way Kiwi's talk about the British :D

patriot1 said:
Well i guess you`re right about the Northern part bulgarians as i said were minority there,however i think you`re going a bit too far by giving examples of the Medieval ages.With the same logic the whole of Dobrudja was part of the Bulgarian empire(tsardom to be precise)for many centuries even the whole of Dacia.But things change i guess so we shouldn`t bother to find such an old examples.You must admit however that claiming Southern Dobrudja was a pure imperialistic behavior as the bulgarian claims on the city of Solun(note the city not the local area).

ps:Maybe we can outline some events which would lead to the war now that KR is almost finished.Do you think Serbia and Romania would join forces against Bulgaria?

I was saying, that Romania actually claimed and wanted Northern Dobrogea in 1878 because of those reasons. And yes, the claim on Southern Dobrogea was an expansionist move [probably the only one in Romania's history (except the Transnistria thing in 41, but that was conditioned by the German invasion)]. The actual claim that started it was on the city of Silistra/Dârstor.

But I don't think Serbia has any interest in going to war on Bulgaria if WWI did not happen, unless it had an agreement to fulfill.

So many repplies, so many subjects to take care of.

@yourworstnightm: as i said, Japan don't have more than Korea and Dalian on the continent, i doubt than they can influence Chinese politics very much. Both Russian and Japan are respecting China's neutrality because the other state would intervene on the other side for the simple reason of balance of power, and thus be put in a disadventage.

Russia will have revolts, there is no doubts about that. The Ottoman Empire also, and i have planned than the Young Turks would seize the power once again in the first years.

For Austria, im still thinking about it. This is not 1848, the Augleisch renegotiations of 1917 went well under the leadership of a more open minded Franz Ferdinand, and 1927 finished to shape A-H on a federal structure. Im still strangely attached to this flag and to the 'Austria-Hungary' name for the nice white blob.

@cegorach: Congress Poland did existed prior to WWI (as a Polish you probably already know that) And the little state there is nothing more than a little more autonomous Russian client state. It don't have claims on any Russian province, only the Dantzig corridor and Galicia.

Making it neutral would be a mess for a Germany-Austria war against Russia, and it would have been unlikely tham the Tsar would have allower such a thing.

@rcduggan: There would be no revolutions in Europe simply because every European powers would do everythng possible to prevent them, for obvious stability reasons.

@patriot1 and Crush3r: Please, don't start a balkanic war in my thread! :(

What i was planning for the Balkans are a multi-phases war, begining with a Greece-Bulgarian conflict. The outcome of this war will define the geopolitic of the Balkans for the game: a victorious Greece would get Bulgaria's sea acces, and will adopt a 'Greater Greece', or 'Megali idea' doctrine against Serbia and the decadent Ottoman Empire. A victorious Bulgaria would press it claims on Serbia (also for Macedonia) and Romania (that Dobruja conflict).

Serbia would only fight a defensive war against Bulgaria, they have no claims on it. Same for Romania, both states being happy with their actual lands (only in the Balkans, obviously).

@Kabraloth: im divided about Austria. What to do? Ihave already explained my ideas of a 'federalist' A-H, i think it would be enough to calm the minoritis at least until 1947, at a point the game would maybe loose it sense as it alway do in HoI :D

@Gigalocus: A quick look at a 1914 world map will show you than there is little room for more European expension. You can see new 'treaty ports' in China, Tibet will probably be a British puppet (it was almost in OTL).

For Ethiopia, the last independent African country, both Britain and Italy would certainly like to get it, but the context is similar than in Manchuria: both of them are keeping an eye at each other. Maybe an unxepected Russian expedition led by some drunk cossacks could turn it into a Russian puppet, they already tried in the 1800's.

@Fgorginator: British dominions are closely watched by London, and are still 'satellites'. I don't expect them to rebel, but Canada may loose it cores on Quebec if it goes to war against France.

Yes, i have planned than Britain may eventually side with Germany. They often opposed the Russians in the 1800, and even the French at Fashoda in Sudan in the early 1900. The Franco-British rivality may be still be alive, and Wilhelm II is a member of George's family. This may definitivly change the entire game, and would in my opinion be the best thing to avoid a WWI in 1940 with the same members than in 1914.

Last edited:
We (patriot1 and me) weren't starting a Balkan war, just clarifying a few details.

General_Grant said:
The outcome of this war will define the geopolitic of the Balkans for the game: a victorious Greece would get Bulgaria's sea acces, and will adopt a 'Greater Greece', or 'Megali idea' doctrine against Serbia and the decadent Ottoman Empire.
Greece would never goes to war againts Serbia, also goes for Serbia.

Užičkibombarder said:
Greece would never goes to war againts Serbia, also goes for Serbia.

Okay then, thanks for the info. :)

Preussenhusar said:
Just counting beans -

Wilhelm II was not "SKH" as Seine Kaiserliche Hoheit "HIH" or "HRH" as Royal - Königlich
he was emperor, therefore "HM" please ;)

But a very nice idea - pls continue.
PH (who might be known as a alternative modmaker)

I have renamed him simply Wilhelm II von Preußen, so i don't have to add a title to every monarchs in the world.

And who is PH?

IndoEsia45- Thanks for your interest, i have received your PM.

A few minister pics i'd like you to recolorate:

mkarlpu5.png

Karl of Habsburg

mcarlosso5.png

Carlos of Portugal

mkokovtsovbe6.png

Russian PM

m52135bu4.png

Chinese president

m52122lu0.png

Chinese PM

...more will come.

For everyone: i'll try to give every Head of State and Head of Governement a color picture. In this different timeline, the scientists probably focused on civil sciences instead of develloping tanks. Color prohography may had became common in 1936. :)

General_Grant said:
@cegorach: Congress Poland did existed prior to WWI (as a Polish you probably already know that)

Actually not. After 1831 and especially 1863 it was more or less similar to the Nazi General Gov.(1939-45) - so with no autonomy to speak about.
What autonomy can we really think there was if even the language was banned and could only be learnt in schools as foreign (so in Russian ) - how perverse...

And the little state there is nothing more than a little more autonomous Russian client state. It don't have claims on any Russian province, only the Dantzig corridor and Galicia.

Fine. But that would make it extremely unstable - at that time nobody seen Poland in the present borders - Vilnius/Wilno or Grodno were as much polish as Warsaw, even sometimes more.

Making it neutral would be a mess for a Germany-Austria war against Russia, and it would have been unlikely tham the Tsar would have allower such a thing.

Good point. Still you would need to deal with the question of general unrest, underground movements in the russian Poland (to the est of this congress thing).

What is it with mods involving alternate outcomes to the First World War weakening America?

If France is the one who's gonna create all the trouble, you could have the Third Republic collapse and the monarchy restored with a new government presenting radical nationalist policies, such as the annexation of Belgium, luxemburg, Alsace- Lorraine and more colonies, like annexation of belgian Congo and german african colonies.

Japan ánd Russia would probably both still try to controll and influence China, so would Brittain, France and Germany.

For Balkans I could see Greece following the megalist policies attacking Bulgaria (with silent support from Romania and Serbia). Bulgaria would probably want to expand in Macedonia and Dobrudja but would not dare fight a war on three fronts alone. Perhaos if they got austrian or ottoman support, but then again that would almost certainly involve Russia. Perhaps Greece and Serbia could make a surprise move to split Albania between them (neither of them saw Albania as a legitimate country anyway).

Okay here you go :
picture.jpg

mkarlpu5.jpg

mcarlosso5.jpg

m52135bu4.jpg

m52122lu0.jpg

Note : Next time please give me pictures with jpeg-bmp file, if you give me png i must convert them one by one to jpeg, this can't cause decrease of quality, and also the Chinese president is not too good but okay, if you have another picture that will be better

This will be far more complicated since all the in-game warlords of the 1930s had not risen in power, so if historical accuracy is what this mod pursues, then you'll probably have to re-do all the warlords' and part of Nationalist China's ministers and leaders. And perhaps add one or two more warlords.

Also I see the yellow part of China ROC? If so, change the flag to the modern ROC flag, the guangzhou military government adopted this flag just to differentiate themselves from the old warlords that stole the control of the ROC government in Beijing. The name should avoid using the ROC, too, since everybody claimed themselves the legitimate ruler of the ROC, Nationalist China is just good enough.