• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
BOOYAH!!!! I'm back...yes, I saw your smug little comment...from vacation, already caught up...take that!

Alright, riding roughshod through Turkey...what was that about 150 divs. of cavalry discomb was using to smash leningrad...a silly dream I'm sure...in some other game...love the shots of live gameplay...slobs.

That was a really really really fun game that Myth ultimately won because neither me nor the 3rd guy in the LAN had any idea about how the game works, but it was so funny... slob. :p

Discomb said:
That was a really really really fun game that Myth ultimately won because neither me nor the 3rd guy in the LAN had any idea about how the game works, but it was so funny... slob. :p

Hey, hey. Wait until I post pictures of my messy basement before casting slurs. I at least have pictures to back up my statement. On second thought, no pictures of my messy basement.

Turkey now, Romania later? :D Or is Discomb going to get that oil Myth? ;)

Discomb: not all of them...you did have some infantry and even a couple mechanized divions iirc, but most of those were hammering away at Murmansk :p

canonized: indeed, the race is on, though I wasn't not sure how much of the Balkans I'd get. Istanbul was a must, but the coast of Romania and Bulgaria was a plus to make sure Discomb didn't do anything fancy with transports in the Black Sea. beyond that, I didn't really have any plans to push further into the powderkeg.

grayghost: great to have you back :D and yeah, those 150 divisions were another game (coincidentally, also when I was the Soviet Union, against Germany and England--in that game, though, Discomb was England and someone else played Germany. it was a long time ago when everyone was worse at the game, but I won :p). and hey, we're not slobs. not terribly much, at least ;)

Discomb: well, he did know the mechanics mostly. he just didn't know how to wage mobile warfare :p

grayghost: too late, no pictures are necessary. you've already admitted it!

General Jac: well, Romania's oil isn't all that important to me. remember the STAVKA report--Persia's on my list of targets ;)

TheExecuter: :D

Edzako: well, I'm not really a photoshop master, I just became a bit clever. as for the Turks...well, you'll all see how the war unfolds ;)

update tomorrow, lads!

I love the photo style, a nice touch. It's too bad you don't have any transports in the Black Sea to help speed you on your way to Istanbul. Russia must control the straits!

Would I be right to guess that these early years consist of all three of you falling on the AI minors like a pack of wolves?

Mostly, but you gotta take into account that oftentimes we were racing against each other, and the AI minors can be quite a challenge if they team up on you and/or attack you in inconvenient times...

VILenin: the AI must die, and a lack of transports won't stop me! :p

Discomb: yeah...:p

update coming up!

The Kremlin, Moscow
January 6, 1936

Andrey Vyshinskij skulked down the shadowy corridors of the region of the Kremlin that served as the foreign ministry during those times when Stalin wished it to be close to him. These times were, Vyshinskij had noted, becoming exceedingly more frequent as the race to gobble up territory had begun with plans laid down the previous summer. Nearly subconsciously, Vyshinskij tightened his grip on his dagger, which he always held close to his heart, as he flitted from shadow to shadow. His destination was the office of the present foreign minister, Maksim Litvninov. Darting around a corner, Vyshinskij barely avoided running into a patrolling soldier. His grip on the dagger tightened even more as he briefly worried about the prospect of having to explain away is dagger.

This line of thought was stopped in its tracks as soon as he saw the door to Litvinov's office. Reaching for the handle, he turned it gingerly, not wishing to make a sound. With a sudden rush of energy, however, he threw the door open and rushed in. Rather, he would have rushed in if the blaze of a dozen lamps hadn't blinded him. Vyshinskij growled to himself, Litvinov even had the fireplace burning. Distracted by such loathing thoughts, Vyshinskij didn't at first see Litvinov sitting in his padded chair by the fireplace, reading a newspaper. Litvinov put down the newspaper once he noticed Vyshinskij.

“Ahh, Andrey! Just the man I wanted to see. Please, won't you sit down?” Litvinov motioned to the padded chair across the heath of the fireplace. Vyshinskij stared a moment before curtly nodding his assent and moving to sit down.

Litvinov's face almost contorted into something that may have resembled revulsion before he coughed and smiled politely. “You can leave your cloak by the door, Andrey. Please, it is warm in here. You always worry me when you wear that cloak, as if you're some sort of dead-of-night schemer in the court Ivan the Terrible rather than in our own civilized Kremlin.”

With a disgusted sigh, Vishinskij's cloak was carelessly thrown onto the awaiting stand, bringing his dagger into the light prominently, causing Litvinov to feel some distress again. “Andrey? Who did you stab this time?”

Vishinskij's head whipped about to look at Litvinov as his hand holding the dagger shook seemingly uncontrollably. “Why would you think that I--”

With a pained look, Litvinov halted him. “Please, Andrey. Do not think me a fool, I can tell that you have stabbed someone. Was it the Persian ambassador? That would be all right, seeing as we're declaring war on them anyway so his function would soon become obsolete anyway.”

With a startled look, Vishinskij stilted toward the seat Litvinov had offered him before asking. “We're declaring war on Persia?”

Litvinov smiled condescendingly at Vishinskij. “Of course. Think of all the oil they have! Stalin has decreed that it must be taken to fuel the Red Army. Vacietis' Persian Front is standing by to invade at this very moment, he merely needs confirmation that we are indeed at war with them. I have the signed orders right here, by this time tomorrow we shall be at war.”

006-01-DOWPersia.png

The Soviet Union would declare war on Persia on January 7 and the invasion would begin!

Taking the slip of paper Vishinskij was barely able to mutter a surprised “ah!” before Litvinov rounded on him. “So Andrey, who did you stab? Was it the Persian ambassador? I sincerely hope we don't have another incident like December 29th.”

Vishinskij looked down at the floor shamefaced as Litvinov continued. “You remember what you did? You stabbed the Italian ambassador, that's what you did! And then, clutching your bloody dagger, waving it around and making overhead stabbing motions with it as if you were some sort of demented fool, you laughed maniacally in front of the entire Italian embassy staff! And you know what that lead to, don't you? Don't you?”

Litvinov stared hard at Vishinskij, though he did not really expect a reply from the half-cringing, dagger-wielding man. “Italy declared war on us! The day after the invasion of Turkey, they declared war on us! Stalin was most displeased. He almost died laughing. Do you realize what would have happened if he had actually died? You would have followed him into the grave, an I assure you that this would be no laughing matter! The foreign ministry staff is small enough as it is and Vyacheslav Molotov will not be ready for any real responsibility for another two years. Not to mention, he is such a brute!”

006-02-XOMGItaly.png

Italy had declared war on the Soviet Union on January 2, 1936.

“So, Andrey, let me ask you one more time. Who did you stab?”

Vishinskij looked up Litvinov. “The Bulgarian ambassador,” he muttered somewhat angrily; no one understood his methods.

Litvinov took his pipe out of his opening mouth before it fell out of its own accord, before closing his mouth. He opened his mouth again, and then shut it, his lips pressing so hard against each other that they became but a thin line. He looked away from Vishinskij from the corner of his eyes, focusing on nothing in particular somewhere to the left of his compatriot. Suddenly, the telephone rang and Litvinov stood and moved to answer it. “Hello?...yes, this is Maksim Litvinov...all right, message understood.”

Putting the receiver down, he turned to Vishinskij. “Just as well you didn't stab the Persian ambassador, apparently we are only planning on puppeting that country so he will still have some use here in Moscow. And do you know what else? Apparently Bulgaria is already preparing an extreme statement in response to your newest diplomatic scandal. I have no doubt that they'll declare war on us, just like Italy. No doubt it'll happen to fall after we invade Persia, and to the rest of the world it will look as if they're somehow trying to defend that pathetic county. I do hope Stalin's health stands up to this new blow.”

Sitting down, Litvinov picked up his newspaper again before looking up at Vishinskij. “Why did you come here anyway? I don't have any work for you.”

Vishinskij looked around shiftily, prompting Litvinov to wave the question away with his still hand-held pipe. “All right, I understand. You can leave now. Don't forget to take your filthy cloak on the way out. And this time, really try not to stab anybody. Please. Or else you might have the entire world at war with us in a month. Enough with your cloaks and daggers and schemes, just...just go.”

With that, he went back to reading his newspaper as Vishinskij got up and sulked himself out of the bright office. Litvinov was already imagining what the newspaper would say about Bulgaria's undoubted declaration of war in several days.

006-03-GoddamnitBulgaria.png

Bulgaria would declare war on the Soviet Union on January 8, one day after the invasion of Persia began. Stalin's health nearly buckled, but did indeed hold and he would survive.

ROFL ROFL very amusing ways of getting into war there , Mr. Myth ! Really shows your sardonical and hilarious side !

Okay, so now you are at war with Turkey, Italy, Persia and Bulgaria. Enh, not to bad, unless I missed somebody. Persia is a walkover, and Turkey should be also. Bulgaria can be done in by a amphibious assault. Italy at this point would just be annoying...unless they started dumping divisions into Turkey...which would just be...well, annoying. Hmmmm, there fleet in the Black Sea could also cause irritations.

grayghost said:
Okay, so now you are at war with Turkey, Italy, Persia and Bulgaria. Enh, not to bad, unless I missed somebody. Persia is a walkover, and Turkey should be also. Bulgaria can be done in by a amphibious assault. Italy at this point would just be annoying...unless they started dumping divisions into Turkey...which would just be...well, annoying. Hmmmm, there fleet in the Black Sea could also cause irritations.

Wait, did Italy and Turkey signed an allince ? If not there will not be any Italian divisions in Turkey, or Italian fleet in Black sea.

Edzako said:
Wait, did Italy and Turkey signed an allince ? If not there will not be any Italian divisions in Turkey, or Italian fleet in Black sea.

Meh, if not yet, it is only a matter of time.

So you do have a thing for daggers Myth! :p I knew it! :D

doesn't DOWing persia usually lead to all sorts of crazy things?

DOW ing somebody in Balkans leads to CRASY things. (So does a Germany that doesn't follow the set path), but I don't remember any crasynes in Persia.

Nice AAR