• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yep, but I'm a little busy with some other things now, a small patch may come out this weekend.

Music pack released. V1.01 should be released Saturday or Sunday unless someone cuts my internet cable. :D

Music pack contains the following:

lobby music: Cântarea României - instrumental and shorter than the rest

peace music: Graiul Neamului
În Memoria Eroilor Ţării
Pe-al Nostru Steag
Ţară Mândră
Trei Culori - original (non-commy) version
Voinţa Neamului

war music: Marşul lui Iancu
Pui de Lei
Treceţi Batalioane Române, Carpaţii! - Sung by Army choir, the repeating verses have a slightly different melody than most people are used too.

Last edited:
V1.01 released and fixed!

Flag pack released!

Province name fix released!

...in separate downloads.

Last edited:
GanguGengu said:
Are you sure that you understood that question right?

I thought you said officers... offers, then I thought of them, but I first have to integrate the post-Barbarossa Romanian-Hungarian War, and I'll bunch the new claims and events on those areas with the new peace treaties.

You are making a Romanian mini-mod or improvment project, I can only say congratulations.
You talk about the september '36 assasination event. It is an interesting ideea but how you made it is verry strange. Actually it makes Romania too strong, because any one of the 4 choises makes the "cede Basarabia to Russia", "Vienna diktate, cede North-Transilvania to Hungary" and "cede Constanta to Bulgaria" event never apear. What? Now that is very historical isn't it?
Lets take the fist choise, "no one notice" so why Russia is not asking for Basarabia if "no one notice the assasination attempt"?
I like the event, but none of the 4 choises should put the "ceding teritory" events to sleep.
There is a aliance event too, that creats an alliance with Romania, Poland and I think Turkei. Good, but not good. I was the axis when this event happened, it was '38 I think. I chose no (or something), and Poland joind the axis. That is verry historical. What happens if the AI plays Romania with this mod? They will make an alliance with Poland before 1st september 1939, not a verry good ideea. Poland should join the alies not make (every time) an alliance with Romania.
I haven't studied your events verry well, just played as Romania and seen them happen to me, so if I made some mistakes about your mod in my post, please corect me.
I haven't tried the music patch yet but I am sure it is verry good.
I look forward to see a verry good Romania Improvment Project.
good luck

I am tring the new version of the mod now.
Where do I have to put the music files? In the music folder of HOI? Will that mean that the original music of HOI wont play?

might i suggest to work with the HIP team together?
the two mods could 'complete' eachother nicely

mastervlad: All choices for the assasination attempt disable the Diktat, Claim Bessarabia and cede Quadrillateral. This is so I could remake those events inside the romania.txt in order to save space. The first option (no one notices) make for a generally historical game (so the claiming event still exist, except that the way war is declared is modified. Also Germany isn't allied with Hungary against Romania, Germany getting an option to choose what to do). The only one that sleeps all events for good is the Iron Guard choice, where Romania becomes a very important German partner early on, and thus it is protected from Hungarian and later Russian claims. Also the Soviet Union (in some circumstances), can renounce the claims on Bessarabia, in order to stage a coup (due to Romania loosing N Transylvania - I got this idea from a Soviet general who in 1990 said that one of the biggest mistakes the SU made before WWII was claiming Bessarabia, which threw Romania firmly into the German camp).

Actually a Romania allied with Poland and Turkey and possibly Greece and Yugoslavia, should last quite a while against Germany and it's allies, and is also quite probable, as the mutual defense pact in the region were still valid at the time. The problem is that I don't know how to make ai files, so a Comintern or Allied Romania in the war may not be as effective.

About music: yes in the music folder. There are txt files that determine which music is played when, so unless the mp3 files overwrite eachother, you won't loose the previous tracks.

jorian: The problem is that this mod is not completely Historical, because the 1936 assasination attempt didn't exist, there were serious ones before the timeline of the game, and one in 1938 (if I'm not mistaking), but that one didn't really have a chance to come out right. I may make a fully historical variant of the mod later on.

I still have to integrate a very important piece (the post-Barbarossa war - planned in 1941 actually), but school is not making it any easier.

i see... well, you can still check the Hungarian Improvement Project to use some inspiration from it

Fist of all I love the music. I fell more Romanian now when I play the game.
Sorry for making mistakes about the events. I din't actually played a game with Romania until 1940 because I was a little anoyed about the 2 events I talked about in the earlier post. Now I understand and like your mod much more. And I can't wait to start a new campain (1936) with Romania.
Thenks for the great mod.
I wish I caould help you but I am not verry good at moding.
And as I can see you have some experiance and good ideas, and also good history sources.
But if you want my help at any time give me a PM.
good luck with your work

Antihussite: It isn' finished, because I was not sure what provinces to claim and when, I am thinking of separating it into 2-3 events based on the situation.

mastervlad: thanks. I'll PM you if I ever need any info, currently I'm looking to see if anyone knows important sporting events from the 30s except for football.

jorian: Thanks for the offer. When I finish my main event chains and make the fully historical version, I'll look into making the two mods compatible.

I know they are not of the best quality, but it was a temporary fix. I'm going to launch a new version Sunday evening, with more events and improved unit names.

Due to a setback, the update will come tomorrow night (10-11 pm EET)

Scratch that, some events still giving me a headache, and I'm busy with schoolwork this week, so the end of the week is the new expected release date.

Last edited:
I hope you or someone is going to correct/add to the leader file.

and in case of a total romanian victory over hun in the war for transilvania, there should be some paths the worse, that makes hun puppet and gives to Rom the left tisa bank or just giving up territory or a white pace, or some conpensation, same goes for bulgaria...
and don't forget to take care of the serbian banat and transnistria :D