• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Piko

Captain
68 Badges
May 27, 2006
  • Stellaris
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
180px-Standard_of_the_President_of_the_Russian_Federation.svg.png

Revival of Russia, Prologue

This AAR will be played on the 1.4 beta of Modern Day Scenario 2. It starts in 2003. Also, I'm sorry if my English is faulty at times, I am after all Belgian and English is only my third language. This prologue will be pictureless.

The War on Terror!

putin090206reuters185.jpg
Putin during his speech

Carl was walking through te halls of the Kremlin, together with some other journalists who had just witnessed Putin's speech about the situation in Georgia.
"The Georgians have supported the Chechynyans with money and weapons, this we cannot allow, yesterday we sent an ultimatum to Georgia, there has been no answer, this is a warning to Georgia, and it's supporters, we WILL strike if that is what's needed."

Carl had trouble believing it, and it went on and on, a half hour of wild claims that Georgia and the other Caucasian states were supporting terrorist strikes in the Commonwealth of Independent States. Surely the USA would not stand for this?

"WHAT?" Colin Powell jumped out of his chair, in the process throwing his secretary off his lap, staring at his phone.
This could not be, the embassador in Moscow's report about the press conference Putin had held in the Kremlin was unbelievable, his wild claims against Georgia and Armenia were obvious frauds, what was Putin thinking? Of course the USA could not act against them since the EU would not approve at all, being dependant on Russia for oil and in a lesser extent gas.
And even if they wanted too intervene, they were tied up in Iraq anyway.

July 23, 2003
reichstag.jpg
Russian troops hoisting the flag of the USSR in the Georgian capital

After that incident Putin apologised for the behaviour of his troops and decreed that Gergia should stay independent, but in fact he just installed a puppet regime, in August Armenia was the next victim, the world was outraged but powerless, in the UN Russia vetoed all decrees against their behaviour in the Caucasus. Putin was making himself very unpopular very fast, but the Russian people were ecstatic, finally they were a power again.
After installing yet another puppet regime, this time in Armenia.
Russia's eyes turned to Azerbaijan, the only Caucasian state now not under their direct command.

Oval Office, September 4

"...And so, the people of Iraq are free once again, we will stay in Iraq for as long as neccessary, but we are positve that the Iraqi government will soon be able to take over from us as police force, this is another victory on the war of terror!" Bush had finished his speech and now the floor was open for questions.

"Sir, this puppet regi..." a certain journalist working for the CBC began asking.
"It is not a puppet regime" Bush interrupted
" 'This Iraqi government' does it not resemble the moves Russia has been making in Caucasia, where they have now installed 3 puppets, all in the name of the war on terror. A term Putin also used to justify his action in the Caucasus." the journalist rephrased

bush_head2.jpg

"The difference is we did not do this for personal gain, but for the good of the Iraqi people, who suffered under Saddam Hoessein!
Putin only invaded the Caucasus to gain natural resources." Bush replied looking very pleased with himself.
"And there's no oil in Iraq?" another journalist yelled, Bush tried to ignore the rhetorical question but he soon had to end the press conference because of the continuous hostility towards him.

Sladislakow entered his appartment in Washington very pleased with himself, his question and Bush's lack of response would be in all the American newspapers tomorrow, and he'd make sure his comrades would know of it too.

End of the Prologue

That was that for the prologue, the next chapter will include more pictures and game action, it will also be a bit longer but this a just a test, please comment, I hope you like it!

Last edited:
well good luck, but why does the title say "refuse to include AAR"?

I'll be watching. It seems like an interesting mod.

SeedSnatcher said:
He just doesn't want this labeled as an AAR. Kind of a useless thing to do, since this is the AAR section. ;) In any case, a Modern Day Scenario not-AAR. I will be watching.
Actually I think he means he won't put AAR into Russia (like RussiAAR) :wacko:

Reno Vercetti said:
Actually I think he means he won't put AAR into Russia (like RussiAAR) :wacko:
yeah, that makes sense

@ Reno Vercetti: Yep, that's it.
@Sematary: thanks
@Fgorginator: I'll do my best it continues to be cool.
@Herbert West: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q42SP72B , there you go!
@all: sorry for the weird title, just spoofing the new trend, everyone does something silly like AARmerica or AmericAAR or USSAAR or something like that :p.

180px-Standard_of_the_President_of_the_Russian_Federation.svg.png

Revival of Russia, Introduction

The World Today

For the people who got flunked on their geography test. Just kidding.

ScreenSave0.jpg
South America as it is today, Brazil is the local powerhouse, followed by Argentina.

America.jpg
North and central America, as you can see, the small countries in Central America have been united into one nation, the USA is the absolute superpower on this continent, and the strongest nation in the world.

Europe.jpg
In Europe, Germany and France are the main continental powers, the UK is part of the American sphere of influence.and most other countries are part of the EU. The EU consists of: Germany, France, Belgium, Spain, Italy, Denmark, the Netherlands, Portugal, Austria, Chech republic, Greece and Sweden (the other countries have not yet joined in 2003).

In the Middle East, Iraq is an American puppet, Saudi Arabia has anexed Kuwait and the Caucasus is occupied by 3 Russian puppets.

China.jpg
The Far East is controlled by China and to a lesser extent India, not much to mention here.

Africa.jpg
I forgot top use the add-on so now Africa is united under some generic, large nations. This won't be a very important scene for the AAR anyway.

Oceania.jpg
Australia is allied with the USA and the UK, the other nations around Australia are neutral, for now.

Last edited:
"to stand again!"?
russians just want us to think SU is gone in truth they are using our(your) capitalism against you with their oil ;D
(china does very similar thing so probably some alliance there is ;] )