+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: A Little Teaser..

Studio Manager Paradox Dev Team Johan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries

A Little Teaser..

First, DV has a new little file "settings.txt".

Code:
    MUSIC_ON
    Mine currently contains that, as my monitor has that as native resolution. You can now specify whatever resolution you want above 1024x768, and the ingame graphics will support it. Menus will show a black border if above 1024x768 though, but the main gameplay works rather nice.

Here's an ingame screenshot ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	dv_1400x1050.jpg‎
Views:	1571
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	10741  

Johan Andersson
    Studio Manager at Paradox Development Studio AB - Follow me at Twitter!

"A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!"

For our Patching and Expansion Policy, read here...

Read here why EU4 requires steam!

The Closer Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Nice

(just want to be the first to respond )

200k clubCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacy
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Can you also change language?
    Paradox Linux User Group

Age, catamite- fac mihi hunc diem felicissimum.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

perfect!
    Sovereign is he who decides on the exception
    Carl Schmitt

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

So Im assuming that widescreen is now supported, at least partially?

Cool.

I just picked this game back up off my shelf, for whatever reason whenever I watch "kingdom of Heaven" I always want to play CK again

Leading the Mombotian Horde Lurken's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2

At the Temple of Mombot, nailing up 103 boards
    Looking really nice. Just a little surprised about the independet county near Serbia and Croatia. Otherwise, lovely!
    "Godfather of the Superpower games" according to people
    Bought a big case of beer to Pdox
    Proud owner of 3 mouldy Phoenix cookies ●●●
    Pathetic and Brave King of Poland in Battlefront IV - Lords of War
    Shifty Leader of <random/> nation in Diplomacy Universalis 1.5

Rythin, the mad warmongerer and Lurken, the semi-peaceful builder in
    "Lurken and Rythin in the land of sand - The wacky Mzab adventures." - it's aaalive....Well...not really. It is quite dead. Undead?
    Minister of Information and Groupies for OT-President rafiki

The plight and return of B'mo'otm - an AAR, like I've never done before - Redux

57 games registered

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company Collection
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2Majesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPirates of Black CoveRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubTeleglitch: Die More EditionCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Quote Originally Posted by Lurken
    Looking really nice. Just a little surprised about the independet county near Serbia and Croatia. Otherwise, lovely!
    Ragusa? It's been there from the start, nothing new
    EDIT: I see that Diocleia has a different CoA...

Pessimus Dux Sclavorum Finellach's Avatar

Thumbs up

Nice. Finally higher resolution. The new unseen icon is there also if I am not mistaken.

Lurken that is not a county, that is Republic of Ragusa (Republic of Dubrovnik) i.e. Respublica Ragusina.
    Gratianus' excellent CoA redesign mod

"Never take raisins from rabbits, never spit in a man's face unless his mustache is on fire, and don't take any wooden knickers unless you've a good supply of salve."

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Merci
    Freedom in capitalist society always remains about the same as it was in the ancient Greek republics: freedom for the slave-owners
    VI Lenin

The Closer Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by ZmajOgnjeniVuk
    Ragusa? It's been there from the start, nothing new
    EDIT: I see that Diocleia has a different CoA...
    So does the duchy of Lower Lorraine and some other duchies and counties

Plus the duke of Poitou his primary title has changed (to Aquitaine I guess) since his capital has moved (could have been the case already in the Improvement Pack)

57 games registered

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILeviathan: Warships
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubTeleglitch: Die More EditionCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Quote Originally Posted by Veldmaarschalk
    So does the duchy of Lower Lorraine and some other duchies and counties

Plus the duke of Poitou his primary title has changed (to Aquitaine I guess) since his capital has moved (could have been the case already in the Improvement Pack)
    Prussia too, if my eyesight (and memory) serves me good...

Pessimus Dux Sclavorum Finellach's Avatar

Yes but the county of Rascia still has it's old and incorrect CoA.
    Gratianus' excellent CoA redesign mod

"Never take raisins from rabbits, never spit in a man's face unless his mustache is on fire, and don't take any wooden knickers unless you've a good supply of salve."

Johan regretting doing this yet?

Anyway, good news about the resolution revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Johan
    Mine currently contains that, as my monitor has that as native resolution. You can now specify whatever resolution you want above 1024x768, and the ingame graphics will support it.
    Hip hip hooray!

I'm assuming that also works for 1600x1450 for those of us on the widescreen?

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

For one crazy moment I thought you meant we could have the music change between selected dates (something I miss from EU2) - but this is just as good! This is really going to make things look much better on my screen!

Have fun
    Finn

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    EU3 Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Jippie !

other resulotions supported !

great !!!
    Give me dukes as vassals ! Anytime - anywhere !

No hay banda - there is no band - it's all an illusion

One of the most underrated games needs your support = Take Command Second Manassas (visit at http://www.madminutegames.com )

Crazy Crusader Kings Creator jordarkelf's Avatar
    80 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyArsenal of Democracy
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DungeonlandEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneIron CrossKing Arthur IILead and GoldLegio
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty 2March of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black Plague
    Pirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of Nations
    Rise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Very cool, no more need to hex edit the exe

Can't wait for DV to be released!

57 games registered

Quote Originally Posted by Finellach
    Yes but the county of Rascia still has it's old and incorrect CoA.
    Yes...Should be blue with a white eagle holding three horseshoes turned downwards, IIRC. A shame I can't find a picture of it...
    EDIT: here it is!

(if anybody cares really...anyways I'll bug Gigau to make me one when DV comes out )
    Last edited by ZmajOgnjeniVuk; 18-09-2007 at 21:45.

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLegioEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Mount & Blade: WarbandV2 BetaEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnN
    For one crazy moment I thought you meant we could have the music change between selected dates (something I miss from EU2) - but this is just as good! This is really going to make things look much better on my screen!

Have fun
    Finn
    Same here.

Cool feature!
    Changing the language via this file would be perfect!

I hope you have much fun with DEUS VULT yourself, Johan!

Well, I already count the days ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast