• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, at least you had a monarch that was a little more durable and managed to fight some wars.

This is certainly going to be a hectic way to play the game. :D Let's hope you stumble on a ruler that lasts a couple of decades.

One thing you might do it put the rulers name and the years you controled him at the beginning of your posts just to make things a bit more clear. :)

Joe

Chapter 4: Defeat and vassalisations​

Well after my glorious campaing in the middle east I ended up in Anhalt. Between Bradenburg and Saxony my small nation resided. It had survived from a two war against them both by some miracle. I was Leopold I experienced military leader. I was once again leader of a small nation only positive side in the deal was that my ally was Lithuania and soon I got call to arms to fight against Crimea and Kazan. Wanting to keep the alliance I agreed but didn't have any plans to sent troops to help them. Soon my other ally Bremen asked help againt Hungary who had annexed Lüneberg that was now besieged by rebels. I agreed but didn't know that Hungary had alliance with Bohemia and I also ended up against them and Albania. Well I was not too worried as Bohemia didn't have access to get to me. So I went by my other ministrative duties. Some time later Bremen once again asked our assistance in a war against Hamburg and Gotland who had declared war against them. Well once again I agreed as they were small nations and no way to get to me. Hamburg invaded Bremen and it soon fell under their rule and got annexed. So the war ended against Hamburg and Gotland. Time went by without enemies anywhere near us until Saxony let Bohemian troops to walk trough their territory I quickly went to my army and managed to stop the first attack but these troops were only scout party and Bohemian main force crushed my army and soon they captured our capital. I was waiting for the annexation demand but something odd happened the man who arrived to negotiate the peace was not from Bohemia he was from Hungary. He offered me to make our nation to their vassal and we would survive as Anhalt. I quickly agreed as I really didn't want to give my nation to those Bohemian dogs. As the deal was signed and messenger left I collapsed to the floor wound that I got in the battle against Bohemian troops had become inflamed and I was deadly ill. I suffered 11 days more and on 24 April, 1478 Leopold I died he was known as the man who gave up Anhalt to the enemy but also praised as the man who kept Anhalt from annexation. To me it didn't mean anything I just knew that I will keep this up and again I was pulled away to another body.

Quite frankly god has bad sence of humor if there really is one. I found myself in Navarra who was now vassal of Castille. This small nation again somehow survived war agaisnt Castille and Aragon. I was Jaime I who also had some experience in war but as now he didn't have anyone to lead. Our great navy consisted from one Gog that was floating somewhere in Mediterranean. I quickly ordered it to Castillian harbor to get fixed as it was in very bad condition. I signed alliance with our new friend Castille and attended in two funerals as two great men died year apart of eachother. This Jaime I was getting old and I knew the end was near and in 21 November, 1481 he died. I was quite frankly bored of these small nations and getting to bow down to the big ones. I hope now that I get to a better nation so I can leave a permanent mark in history.

Yes, unfortunately for our travelling-soul there are many more small nations than large. Still, perhaps one day he will at least end up somewhere exotic like the Maldives! :)

stnylan said:
Yes, unfortunately for our travelling-soul there are many more small nations than large. Still, perhaps one day he will at least end up somewhere exotic like the Maldives! :)

what about Aztec Empire?

Chapter 5: Freedom, War and a New World​

Once again I felt the sent of moist air from Mediterranean. At least this one was not a christian nation they really started to bore me. I was Shâhsuwâr I who had been fighting war that our ally Karaman had started. It seems also that we are his vassal. I immidiatly canceled the vassallisation as it didn't benefit our nation Dulkadir at all even if they were allied with Ottoman Empire. Well back to the war I was in war with Crete and its vassal Naxos. I soon ordered my navy to attack Naxos navy and after several battles they were destroyed and one of their Galley's named Moutsouna was captured. It was easy to convince Crete to become my vassal as their navies were destroyed. I then started to keep our trading up in Socorta and directing our money to the right research. At 16 January, 1490 I was informed that Albania declared war against my vassal Crete. We of course immidiatly joined the war and as Ottoman's declined to give us military access we build a transport. I named it Ceyhan. I boarded with my troops and headed to Albania. Even if Poland was involved in the war they didn't have any harbors and so there was not any resistance when we landed Albania. I sent the ships back with orders to bring me more troops. They arrived soon after to help seiging the fort. Soon they surrendered and peace was signed they agreed to become our vassal and pay 50 gold for their uncalled attack on Crete. Poland also soon signed white peace as it didn't even want this war. I once again could concentrate on my administrating duties, but as it could be known the peace didn't last long. Seven years after the Albanian war Ak Koyunlu declared war with Persia. I quikly had to hire mercenarys and went to confort the attacking enemy. They soon arrived to Mus where my and Ak Koyunlu's armies fought a long battle that they eventually lost. I didn't leave it to that and then set my sight on their capital Van and also took Armenia. Then I came back to drive them away once again from Mus. My ally Candar kept their ally Persia busy in the north so it was just me and Ak Koyunlu. My only objective was to get rid of this war that if it last long would only end in Dulkadir's destruction. The Mamlucks' being impressed of our success agaisn't Ak Koyunlu offered us a alliance that I quickly accepted. Soon after this Ak Koyunlu begged for white peace that I also accepted. Persia also agreed to white peace soon after Ak Koyunlu left them on their own. I then once again went back to the administrating duties and managed to improve our provinces income before I died five years after the war with Ak Koyunlu ended.

Next stop in my journey was Ethiopian Chief named Ba'eda Mâryâm II. This was quite a shock as it was the first time I was an african. Well not all of it as this nation was Ortodox but it seemed that they didn't know much about their surrounding countries. I also knew this might not be a long run as the Chief was quite old, but I once again did my best and managed to colonize province of Taka. Not a easy task in 5 years with country that has three different religions. He died at 24 September, 1506.

I was quite suprised to found myself in Lorraine and it was now expanded to include coastal province of Parma. They had started several colonial ventures, but they also were in war against Aragon and Sicily and this was the funny part the war was over Corsica who already had made peace with the enemy. Both Aragon and Sicily tried to make me agree on some stupid peace deals and as I had military access over France I thought to take my answer to them by myself. I marched my armies to Rousillon and Girona. They soon fell, but in that time Aragon had collected huge army and was moving at my army groups. In the first encounter my army was getting heavy losses and I sounded the retreat. I decided to escape to France when my coastal province was attacked by Sicily. I decided to go back to defend my homeland, but before that Avignon revolted against our ally Burgundy who asked our help against them. I then ordered my 2nd army to attack Avignon and I proceeded with the main army to Parma. I destroyed the army quickly and recaptured Parma. Avignon soon made white peace with Burgundy and ended the war with them. After several naval landings on Parma Aragon finally realized that the war was not going anywhere. They offered white peace at 17 June, 1510 that I happily accepted. Even if because of the war our colonies were destroyed by the native upprisings. After the war there was quite a rearreinging of Lorraine's economy. Two years after the peace was signed with Aragon Lorraine was offered to become Elector in the Holy Roman Empire offer that we could not decline. At 24 March, 1516 Burgundy declared war against Sweden asking our assistance. I declined as the war was a aggression war and there was nothing to gain for Lorraine. Soon after this we were approached by the ambassador of France who offered us with the offer of alliance. I didn't really think long what my answer was as we were in need of powerful ally as we lost the alliance with Burgundy. Not long after the deal was sign I was once again approached by a foreign ambassador. This time he was from Austria another of my neighbors and they also wanted to ally themself with us. I seemed to impress them in our war against Aragon and Sicily. After a year Burgundy did the same and now I have three of the most powerful nations in europe as my allies. I would pity the nation who would dare to attack our fair nation. As I finally got my navy in order and decided now to go claim our rightful place in the new world. I left with my troops to Barbados to avenge our peoples massacre. When we finally arrived I landed and sought out the natives. We destroyed the natives totally as they did to our people several years ago. New colony was established, but I didn't want just one island. Soon I did the same to Trinidad and Martinique. This was exciting as I was maybe the first of the european kings to fight in the new world. This kings story came to its end when some native managed to kill me when we were destroying natives in Guadeloupe. It was a good death and he went down fighting, but to me it just means that time to move on to other lifes...

Just to note this quite a interesting way to play the game. First time ever I had to play as trading empire and I did better than the AI with it. I would recomend to try this as the game gives you so many new interesting challenges to beat, but also I say that don't blame me if you get stuck in a country with not much chance to survive. :D

Heres Lorraine not big but somehow he has great friends. :D

8143010478532786595orig.jpg

Thanks for the picture! Lorraine is in an interesting spot. Maybe the soul traveller will return there some day. For now, though, I can't wait to see what nation's king he will become next!

Chapter 6: A Island, Africa and a Another Island...​

Well after that great life as King of Lorraine I found myself in the leader of Merchant Republic of Gotland. This poor chaps name was Viggo Edström who had already ruled Gotland for two years. As the government form says Gotland was heavily invested in trade centers around the world. I started to send our merchants to the highest value trading centers that oddly was left alone earlier like Bihar and Jiangsu. In the middle of these financial operations I was informed that I was elected as the Papal Controller even if it was not so helpful with my trading. In 1 March, 1528 my ally Ragusa asked our help in their war against Montenegro that I declined as they started the war and I was not interested in a war in other side of the Europe. Little over a year after that some of our merchants tried to hinder our trading, but I took quick action and got rid of the troublemakers so that our nation could prosper. In 1 February, 1531 I had to make the important decision and adopted National Trade Policy that will increase our trading even more. In the same year Denmark our former masters declared war on us. Even with his great allies not even one them dared to launch a attack on our great island. I still started to create Gotland's fine navy and armies that I planned to use later. The war lasted only a year and Denmark and its allies agreed to white peace. The war had cause pirate operations in Gulf of Riga. I sent my newly finished navy to take care of the pirates. The battle lasted five days and our great navy sank the pirate carrack to the bottom of the sea. Now I could start my great plan and loaded our fresh army to the transports and making my brother Erik Edström the general of that army. My ships then set off to the new world where I sent several of my colonist and soon they arrived to Ungava first colony of Gotland in the new world. I took part in small war against Albania who was attacked by our ally Morea. I didn't sent troops to fight the enemy, but continued my new world conquest taking Labrador, Nunavik, Cree, Moose Cree, Attawapiskat and Swampy Cree as our colonies. Teutonic Order several times tried to convince us to ally with them, but as they were small and known to be warmongers we declined their offer everytime. After 23 years on Doge of Gotland I was asked to retire and my successor was choused to be Petter Åberg who had proven himself as great man to make money. As the last minutes of my rule ended I noticed once again going somewhere else. It was quite frankly nice to leave someone when they still were alive.

Once again I was standing on the shores of Mediterranean. I was now Husayn I man who had bring its nation to brink of destruction losing Gafsa and Gabes to Castilian pigs and even bigger insult was that France had troops camped on the shores of our nation left here after the last war with them. One of my first things to do was to fire theologian Jânbulât Bey don't really know why he was hired in the first place. There is no people to convert in this nation we all are Sunni. Another of the changes was to change the government type from Tribal Despotism to Tribal Federation. Also sent out some merchants to Socorta where they managed to increase our market share. I also was approached by ambassador from Algeris with Alliance proposal that we agreed as we were in need of a ally. In 1 September 1550 Husayn I died after 14 years on the crown in which I ruled only the last four. To the next king or a fool.

I almost immediately noticed that I was back in north standing in province of Cumbria. No, I was not english I was King John II of Scotland. England had lost Cumbria, Yorkshire and Northumberland in several war it had fought with Scotland. I decided to maximize my income and started the long progress to build workshops to every province I had. I also noticed that there was a Peasent War going on and revolt risk were little bigger. It was also pleasant to notice that Scotland had started to expand to the new world as Turk Islands were under our rule. Soon internal matter of assassination of a leader of one our nations noble houses. I took control and forced them to settle their issue. Later in the same year nobles came to demand their rights I of course gave them back what they wanted it was not my intention to order them around of course if they start to fight among themselves I will make sure that’s the last time they will ever fight. I was approached Burgundian ambassador who came us with offer of alliance that I of course accepted. We were involved in a war against Tunisia when France once again attacked them. That ended shortly after on white peace. In the next year I put out a declaration of Regulation of Medical Profession and Ayrshire was the first province to enjoy this new declaration. At 15 October, 1554 the Peasant War ended and the country stabilized month later. Norway soon asked our help against Sweden but as I didn't see any gain in the war I declined their request. I also signed alliance with Lithuania. At 17 October, 1559 John II died and I was once again freed to go to next ruler...

Schizophrenia is sure to set in soon if you keep this up. ;) One wonders what type of havoc you have created the world over given that you have so little time with each ruler to truly right the ship. But I imagine it is giving you plenty of education on how to play the game in all its many facets. This is very interesting.

coz1 said:
Schizophrenia is sure to set in soon if you keep this up. ;) One wonders what type of havoc you have created the world over given that you have so little time with each ruler to truly right the ship. But I imagine it is giving you plenty of education on how to play the game in all its many facets. This is very interesting.

Well not really this guy is one person and he never really thinks he is who he is said to be so he doesn't have multible personalities, but you will never know. :D Well there is several odd things going on some could be explained by me intervening in the matters of the country, but some are just odd things that I don't find a good explanation. Well as Gotland I first time played trade empire and it went quite good Gotland might be the best in trading anyway.

He could be a ammelgemation of multiple personalities , gaining ability and talent after talent as he progresses through each rulers . Are you intending on exporting this game to Victoria ? He deserves much better than this .

Secondly , given the hypotechtical skill of the entity in question , you might like to give any ruler blessed with the person 8-8-8 Attributes, if you desire to make a bigger impact. :eek:

Novea said:
He could be a ammelgemation of multiple personalities , gaining ability and talent after talent as he progresses through each rulers . Are you intending on exporting this game to Victoria ? He deserves much better than this .

Secondly , given the hypotechtical skill of the entity in question , you might like to give any ruler blessed with the person 8-8-8 Attributes, if you desire to make a bigger impact. :eek:

Well I don't own Victoria so I'm not going to port this to it. Also my intention was to play with the kings I get I'm not going to start editing them to be better that would be cheating.

Last edited:
kfijatass said:
It's not that i don't like reading but i prefer AAR's to be more picturised so i'll have a view what's going on. Just my 3 cents.

Well as I said I will upload if someone asks maps of some country I have played, but I'm not going to add ten pictures to ever post when those pictures might not really even tell anything more than I'm saying. Also too many pictures just ruin the AAR. Like for example showing the same siege before you start it, in the middle of it and when its over. There would be no reason to show more than one of those pictures. Pictures are good way to add something but in most of the cases they don't tell you much that you already don't know. Also the way I write this doesn't really give me places to use the pictures.