MAGNA MUNDI GOLD 1.792 (8/12/2007)
REQUIRES NAPOLEON'S AMBITION PATCH 2.2 TO RUN
- Fixed a serious bug which prevented conveners from ever appearing.
- Fixed a potentially misleading event header text in the HRE.
- Fixed a event that had used the [unit]=THIS command that no longer
- Updated HRE manual that reflects the actual rules in operation.
- Streamlined the code inside the HRE event pool (unit = THIS inside owner scope).
- Fixed a bug where the emperor could potencially walk all over the HRE members, if the conveners never appear.
- Fixed the HRE notifications bug. A player will now only be told about the goings-on in the HRE, if his capital is in Europe.
- Fixed several bugs with the localization files. Prevents text not being displayed as well as CTDs.
- Limited the spam in the tooltip due to country flags being set.
- Fix for the tooltip spam in "Religious Refugees"
- Fix to prevent "Religious Refugees" to spam the player even if they are the only (religion X) country in the world and keep rejecting the refugees
- Fix to Prussia bug
- Fix to all reported bugs inside the HRE
- New Kingdom of Prussia formation event
- Changes to culture in some of the possible Prussia provinces
- Fix to the "End of Captivity" event bug
- Fix for the textless event
- Fixes for Zma's events
- Fix to the reactive actions bug in Great Britain
- Fine tuned the Ottomans/Hungary/HRE theatre of operations
- Timurids have now a great potential to go the way of the dodo
- Fixed bug preventing the fire of the Total War event pool
- Fixed the CoT competition system
- New way of implementing the "Increased Cavalry Pay". Spam will be much less of a problem
- No more freebies for the player of the 4 big colonizers. No QftNW unless he goes after 4 exploration ideas.
- Fixed missing description for ortodox event
- Fixed bugs in flavour events
- Fixad all bugs reported on the HRE
- Player cannot anymore form Greece anymore if he is Byzantium and cannot form Byzantium if he is Greece. Make your choice!
- Fixes to the Imperial Institutions
- New policies (mostly intensity of modifiers). It is again worth it to change them.
- Change to ADM
- Fixed multiple firings of high level ideas events
- Tweaked Ottomans/Hungary/HRE theatre of operations
- Fixed serious bug in the Ultimatum event
- Fixed modifiers to Ultimatum event
- Fixed mispellings in some events
- Fixed bug in policies
- Coded event to remove catholic province modifiers where apropriate
- Shortened mean times for Ortodox events
- Changes for Ortodox Monasticism events
- Lavras modifier showing up properly
- Daimyos now get +5 reputation limit
- Fixes for the Empire
- Status Quo fixes according to user reports
- Event set that transfers ownership of provinces controlled but not owned for long, thus ending wars.
- Supply limit for land tech introduced
- Fixes to flavour events
- Added events that deal with vassalization inside the HRE
- Added procedure for vassal countries inside the HRE to ask for independence
- Minor bug fixes to Ortodox events
- Japanese reunification will now be much faster the larger the player have become
- It is no longer possible to get the "Gift to the Emperor" event after you have grown as large as a shogunate
- The player can no longer get "An Age of War" if he is the sole remaining daimyo
- Local Samurai Submit can now only happen in Japanese provinces, not simply Shinto ones
- The "Daimyo Revolt" events post-unification have been toned down considerably
- The "Sobujirei" event has been revised as it was previously very unlikely to fire, but would spam repeatedly if it did
- The Sobjurei event now causes other daimyo to respond to the new shogun in a new event
- Fixed a bugged option where if the player chose to become the Saito they actually became the Uesugi
- When Japan becomes a daimyo they will automatically declare war on any ahistorical vassals
- When a daimyo becomes a Sengoku daimyo they will also declare war on their vassals
- Japanese daimyo can now get the "Warring States" event once for every time they are created
- Now only Christian countries can hire Swiss Guards, as they were intended to
- The "Gifts to the Khan" event now properly shows the relevant info.
- If the Mongols refuse the gifts, the country sending them in the first place receives them back
- Special Raids for nomad countries
- The cost of setting up signal posts has been greatly reduced
- Barbary nations can only be bribed if actually supporting pirates
- Barbary nations can only establish secret agreemens if actually supporting pirates
- Barbary nations can only be revealed as pirate supporters if they actually support pirates.
- The Emperor turns his atention to the Ottomans sooner now.
- The HRE states do the same, to a lesser degree.
- Hungary is a bit more assertive.
- Changes to the trade system. Less merchants around.
- More than 250 fixes tweaks and new implementations.
Sorry, we don't have a change log. Last major patch for Gold. Should be save game compatible. Follow the standard install instructions.
- Fixed a potential crash bug with the Counter reformation
- Fixed an annoying bug in QftNW given by event to the player (deleted the event).
- Fixed a serious bug related to the sengoku that freezed the game
- Changed ENG to only slightly naval
- Fixed the AI research correction
- Increased slightly and turn it on earlier the amount of colonists some nations receive
- Fixed a bug where Salzburg was always being given to Venice
- Fixed a wrong description in an event coded by Uglyr
- As of version 1.6 we have now two events coded by Uglyr that open areas of the map owned but not discovered
- Fixed colonist availability
- Fixed Loose Control Overseas
- Fixed rare CTD in colonist enabling events
- Fixed core loss in the End of Reconquista
- Fixed induced wars in flavour events (got rid of them for the AI). Expect higher plausibility
- Fixed a bug where the player could not get rid of the Jesuits before 1700
- The Livonian Order is now properly a theocracy, not a feudal monarchy
- Tweaked some modifiers to decrease investment instead of increasing research cost
- Many fixes to Japanese History (Thanks Jordi!)
- Tweaked cost of changing capital
- Tweaked England policies
- Fixed a bug where Portugal was losing 150 gold per month in trade tech investment.
- Chinese History fixes
- Stray RLD cores after HRE ends
- Losing provinces that were your cores, but also RLD cores, when you become Emperor for a while, but then lose the crown
- Imperial tax fixed
- "Treason" is now less harsh.
- Hopefully fixed event where Emperor can bribe Electors
- Fixes "Revolt!" bug
- Excommunication will lose its effects after the decline of the papacy if countries are still excommunicated by then.
- Church councils can no longer last forever before the Reformation if they accomplish something.
- The cost to build a Jesuit college is now 1,000 ducats instead of 800.
- The pope now remembers particularly great favors and will grant the donor speedy dispensation of ONE scandal or excommunication, either now or in the future. The favors that count are (1) returning the Holy See to the pope, (2) Creating a new Holy See, (3) Capturing the Antipope, (4) Signing a Corcordat with the Pope.
- When the Antipope becomes pope, excommunications will be reconsidered and mostly revoked.
- Fixed a bug about a possible inheritance of player controlled Algiers by Turkey
- Fixed an event that was giving an absurd number of manpower to the Turks.
- Fixed a bug in an ENG/UK event that should be ai only but it was not.
- Synchronized events regarding Ottoman decline in relation to geographical expansion.
- Fixed events regarding Ottoman decline that were firing continuously
- Turn everything compatible with vanilla NA 2.1 patch
- Fixed Catholic Alienation modifier
- Fixed Patronato Real modifier
- Fixed a recurring message that could appear under specific conditions during the elector search
- Fixed "Emperor is weak"
- Fixed some misplaced flag and operators
- Fixed bug in Kalmar Union
- Added new events to increase Imperial Power
- Added events to add modifiers that slow the decay of Imperial Power (i.e., EMP prestige), if Emperor is willing to make certain sacrifices
- Tweaked to RLD mechanics
- Revised HRE modifiers
- Tweaked the event that lets the Emperor pick an elector
- Added more modifiers for Imperial Circuits, to delay events that allow the Emperor to found/apply for certain institutions
- Breaks up the HRE Member modifier into multiple, context-dependent ones
- Conversion by the Sword option B will now work properly
- At the beginning of the war, rebel provinces are rebel controlled,
giving a higher chance of York or Lancaster seceding from England
- Choosing York now properly gives Good Governance
- The Papal Sponsor SHOULD properly lose control of the papacy upon the death of the pope.
- The Curia Controller now gains the Church Conclave/Sede Vacante modifier when an election is called, and receives the "Right of Exclusion" and "Deadlocked Conclave" events instead of the old Papal Sponsor
- The player now gets notified of the death of the pope and new popes being elected, since it is no longer easy to tell who is Papal Sponsor. They may turn this option off
- The "Heretics Emigrate" event has been given a much longer mean time
- Non Japanese countries cannot get the "Christian Daimyo" event any longer
- Fixed stab and prestige in events
- Now using "overlord" scope to make devassalization events smoother,
also fixing the "Treason!" and "Revolt!" events
- Fixed a bug in Kalmar Union that led Sweden to go back and forth between being Kalmar Union (S) and Sweden
- Fixed core removal mechanics for Kalmar Union
- Applied the same, new core removal/addition mechanics to the Imperial Demesne, eliminating the need for hundreds of events and two flags
- End of the Empire will now remove all Demesne cores
- End of the Empire will no longer cause Demesne to be released by the Emperor, and subsequently turn into colonizable provinces
- Empire will only demand a province be given back, if the owner is not at war
- Emperor will now be notified, if a threat he made resulted in the return of a province
- Theocracies will now be much less likely to convert to Imperial City, late game.
- Tied Misgivings in Foreign Courts to the importance of provinces (tax base, population, trade goods, cot)
- Other German countries now get a CB on whomever founds Germany
- Fixed the bug in an HRE event internally detected
- Database integration of patch 2.1
- Reworked NIs to have one firing at gov tech level 1.
- Fixed a bug in change capital
- Fixed a bug in Create CoT
- Tweaked cost for changing capital
- Added new events dealing with huge number of merchants placed
- Tweaked merchant modifiers
- Tweaked "Fabricate Claims" spy mission
- Tweaked 2 NIs
- Tweaked Policies
- Tweaked Arguin colony size at game start
- Fixed startup event
- Made Granada vassal of Castille
- Added an event dealing with the previous point
- Fixed "Limited Transport Capacity" to exclude "Feudal_Damyio" and "Sengoku Damyio" governments
- Fixed loot and frequency on privateering events
- Fixed description of colonial events
- Added an event to warn the player when its army composition is not balanced
- Pirate raids should now always give an option of avoinding the stability penalty
- Fixed "Against the Infidel" event
- Fixed "The Frontiers of Christianity" event
- Fixed "Cooling Down" event
- Fixed "Second Life" event
- Tweaked Knights behaviour
- Tweaked Teutonic Order behaviour
- Tweaked Livonian Order behaviour
- Increase defense capabilities of the berber kingdoms
- Changed effects of army maintenance
- Changed effects of Navy maintenance
- Increased success rate of missionaries for Christians
- Increased the time taken to convert a province using missionaries
- Fixed the continuous firing of an event regarding upkeep pay
- Fixed lack of availability of Revolution and Counter NI
- Fixed a bug where it was impossible to get Espionage if the player changed his country in midgame.
- Fixed poor colonization performance of Portugal
- Fixed apetite for Aragon on the part of France that later turned Iberia blue
- Royal scandals (and to a lesser extent, excommunication) have a much greater chance of dying down if you have a regency council
- The in-game description of royal scandals and excommunication give the player some idea of how to remove the modifiers
- The Prussia events now properly use Memel instead of Hamburg
- The King of France? event should now only fire if Britain still has cores on the provinces in question (but does not own any French provinces)
- Several important HRE fixes
- Flavour events fixes
- It is now impossible for Protestants to receive the landless pope, church council, decline of papacy or sede vacante triggered modifiers
- Creating a new holy see now makes the donor the new Papal Sponsor (until the pope dies)
- Your choices about a landless pope, papal state or pope-in-exile will now affect interested Catholic countries
- The effects of choosing to crusade to regain Rome are now the same whether you get the event from "The Pope in Exile" or "The Captivity"
- Creating a new holy see now actually gives the player a favor from the pope as it was supposed to (the command used the wrong scope)
- The "Renaissance Ideas" event now gives a minor relations effect with countries that have already made their decision
- The effects of excommunication should now be clearer in the tooltip popup
- Fixed a bug where countries that won a future favor from the pope were accidentally being given a royal scandal at the same time which would only wear off if the player was excommunicated
- When a country chooses to donate a province to create a new holy see, they now receive the papal states as a vassal
- The conditions for 'Religious Emigration' are now slightly easier to meet
- It is now possible to get the 'Secularization' event even if you have chosen to previously become a Protestant Theocracy (however, it has a long mean time if you have done so)
- Fixed two different bugs where it was possible for the Reformation to never appear
- The Jesuit Order may now not be founded until at least one province has converted to Protestantism
- The Reformation should now be more likely to spread, especially in northern Europe (Germany, Scandinavia and the British Isles)
- Many more events now give a small relations boost with the Papal States
- The Curia Controller no longer gets BB during church conclaves
- Complete rearrangement of HRE file structure
- Revised the road to a hereditary title, eliminating a bug that would lead electors to ALWAYS agree. Now, it is easier for the Emperor to make a bid, but much harder than was the case in the intended original setup for the bid to succeed
- You no longer need to vassalize all electors, but you need excellent relations with them, and DEEP pockets (500d per elector that asks for a bribe). You always need 5 electors to vote for a hereditary title
- Emperor can no longer deplete the Electoral College by leaving vacancies open
- "Cities demand old rights" now no longer fires for Imperial Cities
- Emperor will no longer be offered to bribe electors, if there are no electors left
- Fixed the reported repetition of one of the Burgundy events
- Addressed the fact that because of their strong armies, Spain or France or Russia will almost inevitably become Emperor after 1600
- Centralized Shogunate can now become a Despotic Monarchy, allowing a
unified Japan to adopt Western-style governments
- Tribal Governments penalties now change with size. They can be a good option for small countries
- Changed the Welsh/Cornwall/Northumberland independence events so they will now fire for England IF it is being played by a human player
- Descriptions for modifiers added
- French reduced taxes
- French reduced manpower
- Castille History reviewed
- Councils now properly accomplish only one church goal before ending
- Notification of new popes now properly shows which country is the new Papal Sponsor in its effects
- The player is now notified of the Reformation beginning if they are playing a Catholic country
- The Curia Controller now properly gets the 'Church Conclave' modifier when a new pope is being elected
- Fixes the bug with the lost Demesne cores.
- More elegant solution to the Imperial Tax collection by the Emperor
- Fixed the mechanism whereby we decide who gets to have Venice's provinces (if VEN is annexed and the Emperor gets involved). Now VEN can
join the HRE by event
- Georgia town is now Sukhumi
- Overseas modifier as a different icon
- Straightening-out of prestige for EMP ("Imperial Power")
- Weijun Revolter's files for Ming with inhouse modifications
- Hungary is now less ambitious in mid late games, under proper circunstances
- Aragon and France are now friendlier towards each other
- Venice will think twice before declaring war on the Ottomans to protect Hungary or Austria
- Anatolian inheriance events by the ottomans is now based on stability and should take longer on average
- No involvement from Christians if the Venice probines occupied by Ottomans are out of mainland Europe & Balkans
- Berber Kingdoms will only think about joining Granada in a war if it is not vassal to a Christian state
- Disbanding all cavalry now should have a great impact on the time it akes to have a balanced army again
- "Limited Transport Capacity" can now only happen when a country is not at war
- Under some choices, Portugal now discovers a proper route to India
- Portugal may now be willing to give a hand to Aragon if France invades
- Early political intrigue for Portugal had some fixed modifiers
- First exploration events for Portugal now should have the right policy changes applied
- Deleted old tech bonus to he AI
- Player will now pay 90% of the standard technology cost
- AI will pay now 110% of the standard technology cost
- AI will now suffer a reasonable amount of inflation due to certain factors
- Fixed bug in Radical policies event
- Increased the frequency of Radical Policies events
- Corfu, Cyprus and Corsica have now the Defendable Position modifier
- Fixed AI spamming with Bribe Defenders spy mission
- Increased the Bribe Defenders difficulty
- Bribe Defenders now give a prestige hit if discovered
- Bribe Defenders is now less powerful
- Negative stability now reduces global spy defence. Was increasing it.
- Increased basic Range by 50%. This increase is dilluted over time, meaning the final maximum is kept the same.
- Fixed the event loop on the HRE
- Fixed debugger report
- Countries that reject Catholicism AND Protestantism during the Reformation will now properly get Reformed conversion events
- Regarding Calvinism, player always gets the chance to convert if he makes the right choices
- Optimized Catholic church code
- Now slightly more forgiving to players who decide first to embrace secular humanism but later decide they wish to remain Catholic
- Japan would now really falls apart if the first ruler has a looong life
- Modifiers for a religion losing is holy land
- Buffed Reformation happening a bit
- Countries that embrace secular humanism are once again more likely to convert to Lutheranism, not Calvinism
- It is now possible to become Russia either by owning 5 key provinces (same as before) or by being the only independent Russian state remaining (all other Russian countries are nonexistent or your vassals) and having at least 10 provinces
- The "Winds of Change" event will now only fire for theocracies (which cannot convert on their own)
- Fixes a bug where a non-Chinese country could unify China
- Smaller tweaks to the HRE
- Russian Nations controlled by the AI (ONLY) can now form Russia more easily
- Reformation changes
- Treason will now not fire if country asks to be incorporated into Demesne, or Emperor's crown changes hand
- Vassals in HRE will now ask independence from ANY overlord, not just (as before) if overlord is Emperor or one of a group of specifically defined "major foreign powers."
- Vassals released in HRE by anyone other than the Emperor will become allies of the Emperor and one other neighbor country, unless these are player- controlled
- Removed duplicate events (though they did not have duplicate ID's) dealing with formation of Prussia from "newnations"
- Added code to "Prussia" to make sure newly-Prussian provinces will be returned to PRU/LIV, rather than TEU, whenever the Emperor steps in
- Changed "Growing Emigration
- Burgundy, if it becomes a Kingdom with Imperial support, will now make
its capital an HRE province
- Pope will no more be a feudal King
- The Stirrings in Wales event was adding one modifier to the wrong
- All three independence movement events for Britain (Wales, Cornwall and Northumberland) have been changed to reflect the fact that a human England can now receive them
- Added an event to encourage Poland ( or other countries) to vassalize the Teutonic Order/Prussia instead of annexing them
- The AI will now choose to give back Rome far more often than before
- Number of merchant penalty events were decreased in frequency and have now cool text
- Modifier penalties for many merchants placed is now harsher on the number of merchant to balance the previous point. If you are serious about controlling world trade, maximize your yearly available merchants.
- Changed AI modifiers for colonists
- Changed colonial events to encourage the AI to colonize
- Fixed bug in two colonial events
- Fixed bug in Barbary Pirates events
- France has a lower tax base
- A vassal of Turkey will not attack it by event
- A great power is exempt from giving back provinces to help form Hungary
- England/Britain is now a harder nut to crack
- Berber countries are now harder nuts to crack
- Castile will now have an easier time of getting Granada
- Sweden will now defend better against Russia or Moscovy
- Streamlined Radical Policies to give all events the same chance to happen
- Made Iberia more cohesive against the French threat
- Made Aragon friendlier towards France
- Removed French core from Roussillon
- Tweaked Brewing Revolt and Fractured society events
- Courthouse a bit more powerful
- Bill of Rights changed as one of the modifiers was not working
- AI Hungary will now face a harder challenge if it overperforms
- Fixed a bug with cultures for AI Ottoman to expand
- AI Russia will now have a harder time once it overperforms
- Quara Koyunlu got his nails trimmed
- Lithuania got his nails more trimmed but only if it overperforms
- Special Scandinavian traits in the beginning of the game
- Timurid got his nails and fingertips trimmed
- AI Austria will not be helped to fight the Ottomans if it overperforms
- AI will now suffers inflation
- AI with big armies will be heavily penalized in inflation
- AI with poor stability will be penalized in inflation
- Fixed bug in localization file
- Fixed a very rare bug in which having the pope step down in favor of an antipope could cause a never-ending church council
- The Papal Sponsor will now always hear about a failed council, even if they are not the host
- Catholic countries will no longer suffer a penalty for Rome being owned by heretics or infidels if the pope has signed a concordat
- Overlord scope now excludes PU leaders (where applicable)
- Fixed redundant trigger in HRE
- Makes it harder for a vassalized/PU'ed Emperor to stay in office
- Fixed bug Ottoman player were being asked provinces from the HRE after conquest
- Fruits of Industry are not rotten now
- Modifiers for losing control of your religion's holy land now properly have text in the game
- Many Orthodox events have been modified to react properly to the player becoming a theocracy; some will fire sooner, others will now never fire
- Several Orthodox events that required a theologian no longer require one (but having one will speed up the event considerably). Their localisation text has been changed to suit
- The cost of building a lavras has been raised to 60 ducats from 50
- The duration of Metropolitan effects has been raised while the frequency of the event has been lowered
- Made Papal States stronger
- It is impossible to "unify" China as a non-Chinese country
- More tweaks to the Reformation, making Lutheranism slightly stronger at the expense of Calvinism
- Orthodox provinces will now convert to Protestant by event only if they are the same culture group as the owner
- Lutheranism will spread more slowly in provinces that are cores but not your culture group, or that are your culture group but not cores
- Added descriptions for ideas
- Tweaks to Russia/Muscovy AI performance
- Fixed bug in colonization
- Fixed province in Manchu setup
- Fixed crashing bug
- Fixed several minor and not so minor issues
- Fixed Kalmar Union bug
- Fixed several minor issues with the HRE
Download it HERE
Download it Mac Friendly Download
Download the IMPORTANT MANUALS HERE (that is why this time there will not be a list of feratures in the post! you can check them on Magna Mundi Gold.doc)
If you do not own Napoleon's Ambition, download the older Magna Mundi IV HERE
Besides this forum, you can reach us at www.terranova.dk where our private foruns are located and where you have a more direct contact with the team
DO NOT TOUCH THE START GAME OPTIONS. DOING SO WILL CAUSE SEVERE BALANCE ISSUES OR WORSE.
1) Install EU3 and Napoleon’s Ambition.
2) You should see a mod pull-down option in the launcher (it should say "default" to begin with).
3) Extract the MagnaMundiGold.exe file to your EU3/mod directory.
3.1) Make sure that before extracting, you delete all content from any previous version of Magna Mundi from the mod directory.
3.2) After extracting, make sure that you see a file with a *.MOD extension in that directory. If you don't, you should move the directories so the *.MOD is in EU3/mod and there is a MagnaMundi Gold directory right after it (in EU3/mod/MagnaMundi Gold).
• If at the game launcher no pull down menu appears at the bottom center of the screen with the word “default” selected, you have installed your EU3 NA version badly. You must exit the launcher menu and update again, running the patch executable. Then you will have access to this pull down menu. From it, select Magna Mundi Gold.
• Magna Mundi uses a technique to generate random results based on previous event choices. This expands dramatically on the possibilities of game play. However, due to the engine nature, there are cases when another random result happen before the player had the time to click on the first one. This may lead to problems with the event pools designed (imagine an event pool where your King is recognized by the nobility but at the same time rejected due to both events firing close). The only remedy for this is to auto pause on all events pertaining the player. Even then, we are investigating together with Paradox if there is a bug that prevents user designed events to auto pause.
• READ THE MANUALS!
MAGNA MUNDI TEAM: Alvya, Dharper, Helius, Isca, Pierreluc, SharpAlignment, Ubik
CONTRIBUTORS: Cagliostro, Daboese, Duke of Earl, Gigau, Sakura, Zma, Zwackus (I know I am leaving out someone!).
BETA TESTERS: All the team, but we test while listening to Isca singing… when he is not painting walls white.
SPECIAL THANKS: Beavior, Nilmerf, 17Blue17