+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 28 ... LastLast

Thread: ##DIVIDE ET IMPERA! Mod##

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

sorry, i dont have the logs anymore because i loaded up another mod.

I deleted the modified eu3game1393. After your post i repatched it to use with your mod. after that i could load both the autosaves. No problems. So thats kind of strange. The exe was patched up correctly the first time aswell. I havent encountered any problems anymore. All i can say is that it crashed while i was zooming in on Thrace province.

About those two countries, doesnt that matter since the mod will "overwrite" files in the vanilla file?

Finally some things i noticed in game. It seems hard to get royal marriages. I managed to have one with my ally. Even with +100 relation its "very unlikely". AI countries dont seem to have the same problem.

On sieges. after a succesfull siege it seems that the garrison is only slowly increasing. This is a nuisance when you have few troops to spare as a small country to guard your newly conquered province, when you want to move on to the next province. I have a hard time fighting burgundy as heinaut. Thats all good and well but as soon as i leave some 2000 inf comes in and just assaults. So its hard to get some warscore against bigger countries.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis IV

Trying to divide time between modding and real life...
    Well, we intended to make the game harder About crash: tryzooming to Thrace again. Maybe it will occur once more and then it'll be small islands fault. As for the two countries, I'm not quite sure how the game reacts to double entries in countries.txt. So better have them deleted.

EDIT: Ideas.dds for ATI card users - see first post.
    Last edited by einfall; 28-10-2007 at 11:35.
    Divide et Impera! for HTTT4.1c - updated 16.04.2010!

CHANGE YOUR GAME INTO REAL CHALLENGE!

Topaz-Fisted Demi-God Moderator Mr. Capiatlist's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oorlog
    Did you download the right version, since i see you dont have NA registred.
    I had no problems patching eu3game.exe with NA 2.1 to start in 1393.

Another thing. ATI graphics card users have problems with the national ideas dds file is there a chance you can fix that for that group of users?

Problem is discussed at this thread:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...0&page=1&pp=20

It has something to do with that ati cards cant handle pixels wider than 2048 (post 20 in the thread)

Ill see if i can open and save them in a smaller format.
    I have NA, I just haven't registered it... mostly because I don't know where the ID is for the downloaded version. I downloaded the NA version of the mod (everything has NA after it) and the mod works in the game, it is just that it starts in 1453... and I cannot seem to mod the game to start in 1393...
    -Mr. Capiatlist (Ink well):

When I speak in Rose, I do so as a Moderator. :: Forum Rules | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2 | Interactivity Rules
    (Never quote or otherwise publicly respond to my rose text. If you have a problem: PM me.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Capiatlist
    I have NA, I just haven't registered it... mostly because I don't know where the ID is for the downloaded version. I downloaded the NA version of the mod (everything has NA after it) and the mod works in the game, it is just that it starts in 1453... and I cannot seem to mod the game to start in 1393...
    Do you have 2.0 or maybe 2.1 version? I'm not quite sure with which version the patcher works...

Oorlog: You said that you patched 2.1 version succesfully? Then it's made for 2.1

One more thing: you can see "loadingscreens" folder. Unfortunately, screens cannot be modded-in to the game, so if you want some new loading screens, you have to replace proper files. I warn you, these new are very... em Polonocentric

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

If the mod is loading then the download must have been ok. you patched NA to 2.1?

The registration code is in the GG downloader left hand side beneath the list of already downloaded other Paradox titles

@einfall i changed the mods two countries in the common\country folder. When i startup the mod, it says those two countries are missing and the game wont even load. I looked a bit further and there are more countries that are aswell in the vanilla common\countries folder as in the mod's variant. So that cant be it??
    Last edited by Oorlog; 27-10-2007 at 19:35.

Aaargh! You should have deleted their doubled entries in countries.txt! Not files in the folder! If you deleted the files permamently, then you have to download it once again. We have fixed it.

Don't worry i renamed them! ok will do that. can i restart a savegame after. Will try anyway to find out.

Architects seem to be unwanted in the early game. I can see them come in handy when prod eff rises and buildings come available.

Not to forget thanks for the ideas they work properly!! Did you save em in another format?

Forgot to tell. I tried and zoom in to thrace and surroundings. Nothing happens this time. Could have been a coincidence. Clicking the province also nothing.

Those loading screens might be polonicentric but they are modestly small
    Last edited by Oorlog; 27-10-2007 at 20:32.

Don't ask me about ideas. My partner "fixed" them

My experiences so far playing as hainaut since it has a good position to form the netherlands. Settings everything on normal. Map spread, sea and land, 50 years.

Any recommended settings for D.I.?

The byzantines dissapeared the first ten years. Not surprising with only one province.

Some landlocked nations picked exellent shipwrights as their first idea(Hannover, Luneburg). I guess the -25% for light and heavy ships is a big bonus. Also AI will never change thier idea once they have one (i think).

The troop desertion espionage mission is obsolete since all the provinces seem to have high supply limits.

I experienced some problems with map graphics. When clicking a province or switching from diplo map view to terrain. All the land provinces then turn white. I am using TOT12a.

The map spread is too fast, of course i could have changed it at game start. If so a recommendation in the readme is needed. The game starts a good 50 years earlier. All the discovered sea provinces came from portugal from the 1440's onward. They discovered upto japan, across the pacific, the west coast of south and north amerika. Way to soon. The portugese were early explorers i know. This is a bit too much.

I noticed something what is probably a bug. A rebel army liberated flanders from the evil burgundians then moved onto artois which they also liberated, but then when they moved onto the next province the garrison didnt replenish. I posted a screenshot below.

As you can see the rebels moved on. Since a few months still no replenishment.

I have seen the ai sieging with 1000 infantry against a 1500 garrison, which wont go anywhere.

When you recruit cavalry of infantry the manpower cost seems to have changed. This isnt displayed ingame where can i find the correct numbers and/or can this be modded into the game?

When you annex a country it gives alot of BB thats all fair and games but at the same time releasing the same country gives only 1 BB reduction. Or didnt i read the changelog..

I am having great fun with the mod. Things are looking good, but my stability is a bit low. I have all the prereqs to form the netherlands atm with a 3 province Flanders as my vassal. Safe to say i survived burgundy

Ill post more when i play some more tomorrow.
    Last edited by Oorlog; 28-10-2007 at 01:32.

You speak about some technicals of which I have little idea I cannot discuss them before I consult with my partner... At the moment, I can comment:
    1) The Byzantines. Were they taken by the Ottomans? I've seen them present in my game to 1650!
    2) Map spread. I played Russia and learned about Kola's existence in XVI century! Not to mention more distant provs...
    3)Garrisons. I've also had zeroed rebel garrisons but I thought that it occurs only in provs with low manpower. Or high attrition.

Rest of your valuable comments will be discussed tommorow

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    I like your mod, particulary what you've done in America, adding more countries in Mesoamerica it's great, I hope you can add more provinces there too.
    The Memoirs of Santiago Nadal: A Mexico AAR
    The User Created Nations Mod: The only mod where you play with countries created by the EU3 community! Come and try it!

Europa Universalis III LibrAARian
    My Inkwell, in case you want to read one of my works or future projects.
    Every day with you girl is sweeter than the day before.
    No era penal...

Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Capibara: In fact I do that change in America's but Einfall going to make new provinces as well.

Oorlog: I was thinking that this problem with rebel's garrison was before we started working with our mod... I havnit TOT12a but i have problems with new map of africa when I used the simple view of water. So now I don't use them

We didn't change diplomatics stuff, I have no idea how to make it. Every changes with AI diplomatic behaviour is coming with 2.1 patch.

Early discoveries... I now that are to fast, but when I put triger that you can't choose discovery idea before you haven't navaltech 4 AI didn't selected that idea at all.

And yes, we change manpower cost

Quote Originally Posted by einfall
    You speak about some technicals of which I have little idea I cannot discuss them before I consult with my partner... At the moment, I can comment:
    1) The Byzantines. Were they taken by the Ottomans? I've seen them present in my game to 1650!
    2) Map spread. I played Russia and learned about Kola's existence in XVI century! Not to mention more distant provs...
    3)Garrisons. I've also had zeroed rebel garrisons but I thought that it occurs only in provs with low manpower. Or high attrition.

Rest of your valuable comments will be discussed tommorow
    1. Yes, if you look at the surroundings the ottomans are the biggest neighbour, after that its hungary. Bulgaria is in front of Hungary, this country was gone soon aswell.
    Thrace is a tempting province since it has a COT. I would dow the byzantines not soon after game start.

2. Well map spread depends on where you are on the map i think? If you rule a landlocked province it will go much slower. Changing the mapspread to 100 or even 200 years wont do nothing to the fact that the country that IS exploring knows the whole world by the time you hear the news. Also if Portugal sailed around the world with QftnW when all it does is give 50% colonization range, the rest has to come from increasing naval tech. In my game i got the discovery events in the 1440-50's which means they got there 50 years earlier!

3. This is a vanilla thing then, according to johny?

Quote Originally Posted by johnymathias
    Capibara: In fact I do that change in America's but Einfall going to make new provinces as well.

Oorlog: I was thinking that this problem with rebel's garrison was before we started working with our mod... I havnit TOT12a but i have problems with new map of africa when I used the simple view of water. So now I don't use them

We didn't change diplomatics stuff, I have no idea how to make it. Every changes with AI diplomatic behaviour is coming with 2.1 patch.

Early discoveries... I now that are to fast, but when I put triger that you can't choose discovery idea before you haven't navaltech 4 AI didn't selected that idea at all.

And yes, we change manpower cost
    Using advanced water and TOT is no option since you get all kinds of strange effects. Ill copy and paste all appropriate vanilla files in the mod files.

So you mean the annexing this is from vanilla

Strange that the AI wont pick QftnW. Does the AI "know" the game starts earlier and thus can be allowed for a later pick. What about tying a year to the idea? So you cant pick it before 14xx, or tied to a naval idea.

Is reinforcing the lost manpower equal to the cost to build a new one?

Played some more to the 1520's.

When Denmark cancelled our alliance i got a popup reading; "our alliance with denmark has been cancelled" or something like that, with two buttons one read:

"MILLALBAN_BTN3" the other read "goto"

I seem to get more royal marriages the stronger i get, or it could be the prestige.

Training troops cost 2000 mp. On one occasion i managed to train one division with a 1100+mp but this only goes when you are low on mp. Can be exploitable though.

Ottomans conquered bulgaria and the byzantines, for the rest they are really quiet.

Protestant spread is too slow. 20 years 3 provinces only of late some more are appearing. a few converted. Athens converted to protestantism when their province religion was still greek orthodox.

When flanders was attacked i got two exactly the same call for arms notifications

Other tech groups seem capable enough to keep up in the tech race.

Flanders, my vassal, managed to colonize bermuda without QftnW. It even got a colony at the amerikan west coast... Map spread definately needs to go up. For me no QftnW is no interest in colonization.

My old monarch died while i was leading a P.U. with Denmark. I got a regency council, Denmark kept the old monarch name?? This probably is a vanilla issue.

Austria inherited burgundy, all well but it got cores all over the netherlands. Burgundy wasnt present there at all anymore. Burgundy itself didnt even have cores that austria got from the event. At that point Burgundy had cores on flanders, artois and valiencennes. austria got lots more.

Can Hainaut form the Netherlands and where can i find which country can form who?

Colonization goes way to fast. Its 1520, before that Castille inherited portugal and then aragon, which makes spain huge. WHen portugal was still around it managed to expand in north amerika. It had a great number of provinces before spain inherited. Implying it was too much too early.

Make it harder to colonize tie that too production efficiency, naval tech. Can you start with negative modifiers? Maybe this will limit the range at whcih you can explore and colonize untill your naval tech gets high enough even with QftnW.

Ok i need some coffee now.

Weird thing with this button... But it's rather not our fault
    Royal marriages: I think, it's rather prestige.
    Manpower cost are hihger in order to make game more difficult
    The Ottomans are definetely too weak or their neighbors too strong. But is there any possibility to force them to fight huge Mamluks? We weakened the Mamluks by giving them caucasian culture type but they are still to large. Without making the AI "more brave" we can't do much here...
    I agree with you that protestant spread is too slow. On the other hand, sufism spreads too fast, haven't you noticed?
    I also agree that colonization os too fast, but in vanilla it was way too slow No Qftnw idea = no colonization? Well, this is considerable...
    You asked if Hainaut can unite the Netherlands? Well, I'm afraid it can't... It can be made via event and here's its trigger:
    Code:
    trigger = {
    		NOT = { exists = NED }
    		NOT = { has_country_flag = netherlands_nation_declined }
    		OR = {
    			primary_culture = dutch
    			primary_culture = flemish
    		}
    		owns = 96 # Zeeland
    		owns = 97 # Holland
    		owns = 98 # Utrecht
    		owns = 100 # Friesland
    		war = no
    	}
    ... and Hainaut's culture group is wallonian...

You can change it by opening event netherlandsnation.txt and replacing

Code:
    OR = { primary_culture = dutch
    	            primary_culture = flemish
                     }
    with this:

Code:
    culture_group = netherlands

The ottomans have enough provinces to field a large army picking all the small countries first shouldnt be a problem. They have to be fast before France and spain or even Russia can form. Russia formed in my game I waited and waited to become the netherlands, in the end russia formed sooner than me, so i thought that cant be right so i had to use the console, thanks for the info it comes in handy for future use.

The protestant faith spread in the north netherlands as it did in history, changed to it and still i had some royal marriages that werent broken. What will happen to marriages with greek orthodox or eastern? will they still be there?

Topaz-Fisted Demi-God Moderator Mr. Capiatlist's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oorlog
    If the mod is loading then the download must have been ok. you patched NA to 2.1?

The registration code is in the GG downloader left hand side beneath the list of already downloaded other Paradox titles

@einfall i changed the mods two countries in the common\country folder. When i startup the mod, it says those two countries are missing and the game wont even load. I looked a bit further and there are more countries that are aswell in the vanilla common\countries folder as in the mod's variant. So that cant be it??
    Works perfectly! Awesome job!
    -Mr. Capiatlist (Ink well):

When I speak in Rose, I do so as a Moderator. :: Forum Rules | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2 | Interactivity Rules
    (Never quote or otherwise publicly respond to my rose text. If you have a problem: PM me.)

Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I think that I fixed early discoveries problem. In fact that was my brather's idea. I made trigger for quest_for_the_new_world idea: naval tech must be at least on 3 level. I made that before, but then countries (like Portugal or Castille/Spain) didn't took that at all because they had this idea at first place on the list. So when they get a first idea and they can't choose qftnw then change that and never come back for it. So I canceled that. But now I put this again and I change place on the list, so I think that will be work properly.

Sorry for my bad english, I hope that you understand my incorrectly sentences

Works perfectly! Awesome job!
    What did?

@ johny

I can understand you perfectly
    The AI picks its ideas from the country file? Be aware like i posted earlier about the landlocked countries like brunswick and hannover picking naval ideas.

If AI picks from a list then its easy to change it. But then it makes more sense why brunswick picks a naval idea.

The problem with the early discovery is that there are 60 more years of gameplay. Altough the year starts in 1393 the settings are much more for 1453. I guess there are more ways then one to fix this. Longer research times, but that isnt much fun. Start of with negative naval range? Or maybe with the help of an event(s) that gradually increase naval range.

Well, EUIII is supposed to be not historical but "historical probable". So, if american conquest in 1400 is possible - let it happen

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 28 ... LastLast