• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Rodrico Stak said:
:eek: Oh no! Terrorists shouldn't be able to try to assassinate Gaan Kwok-Dung! You should speak to the security minister about this :mad: !

Anyway, as foreign minister I believe that we should issue the following ultimatum to the Dian Clique government, to convince the part of our population that follows Zhi-Feng's policies that we are still willing to negotiate this.

The ultimatum needs only your approval. Should it be denied by the Dui Clique government, I believe that we should attempt encirclement maneuvers in the south of Dui Clique to reduce the amount of dug in mountain forces that Dui Clique will be able to bring against us.

General Wang Tsing-Fei, Chief of Staff of Cantonia, and Foreign Minister serving under our glorious President Gaan Kwok Dung
Nice ultimatum, yet Gaan Kwok-dung thinks that some of the conditions are too harsh, and he make several changes. :)

(He read something about the Treaty of Versailles yesterday)

Reno Vercetti said:
Nice ultimatum, yet Gaan Kwok-dung thinks that some of the conditions are too harsh, and he make several changes. :)

(He read something about the Treaty of Versailles yesterday)
Ah... that is true. May I see your changes?

General Wang Tsing-Fei, Chief of Staff of Cantonia, and Foreign Minister serving under our glorious President Gaan Kwok Dung

Rodrico Stak said:
Ah... that is true. May I see your changes?

The new version of ultimatum is added in the same post as the incident. :)

Public Forum in front of the Presidential Palace, Gwong'zau, Cantonia

Lao Zi-Feng takes a glass of water, and prepares to deliver a speech infront of the rally.

The Declaration of War said:
Yesterday, freedom-hating bastards tried to assassinate Gaan Kwok-dung.
We do not know how many were involved in the plot, but we know for sure that they were sent by the Dian Clique.
The government has sent a ultimatium to the barbarian pigs, but they arrogantly refused to sign it.

Therefor, i declare that a state of war exists between The Republic and the Dian Clique.

Citizens of Cantonia! It is time for us to set aside our differences! We must now defend our precious freedom!

Last edited:
Cantonia.png

Greater Cantonian Republic

Operation Avenger - Part 2
(1936.02.27 - 1936.04.17)

Dian07.png

After receiving the response from Dian Clique, the parliament authorised the Cantonian Army to launch an assault against Kuk'zing, Wan'naam. The poorly armed Dian troops were quickly deorganised and they decided to retreat to the mountainous province in the north by their own will.

Dian08.png

Dian09.png

After securing Kuk'zing, the southern army group launched an attack against the Dian garrison at Man'saan. After 3 hours of battle, Dian force retreated to the western provinces, just as the plan of Cantonian advance.

Dian11.png

Cantonian advances on March 26. After Kuk'zing and Man'saan's liberation, the southern army group was ordered to capture Ging'hung and Gwan'ming, the capital and the industrial centre of Dian Clique.

Dian12.png

Dian13.png

Dian Clique Lieutenant General, Shaposchirtin, tried to stop the advancement against Ging'hung, however, his attempt failed due to the superior technology of Cantonian army.

Dian14.png

Gwan'ming was liberated in April 13 by Lieutenant General Miihkali. Most civilians welcome the liberation, and our troops received several gifts by them. According to some soldiers, Miihkali received some black tea leaves too.

Dian15.png

Lieutenaut General Wu Zok-dung learnt how to let his soldiers fight more effective in the mountains, he was later summoned by Gaan Kwok-dung for some reason.

Cantonia.png

Operation Avenger - Part 3
(1936.04.17 - 1936.05.23)

Dian16.png

Dian17.png

Dian18.png

Battle of Haa'gwaan, the Cantonian Army were commanded by Field Marshall Gaan Kwok-dung, who still have some bandages on his arms and head. Yet his superior tactics were not obstructed by the wounds. The battle were ended after a decisive assault against the Dian army HQ. 8 days later, the whole Haa'gwaan was liberated.

Dian20.png

Dian21.png

Gaan Kwok-dung also led the Cantonian Army in the battle of Hong'ding, the temporary command of the Dian army.

Dian22.png

Dian23.png

About 17 Dian trooped were encircled at the southern Wan'naam. They all surrendered after 2 hours of siege against the town of Bou'saan.

Dian24.png

Dian25.png

4 days later, another trapped Dian forces with 22 thousand soldiers and militias surrendered to Cantonian forces, which led by General Wang Tsing-fei. After seeing the disarming Dian soldiers, he said, "We have won this war."

Cantonia.png

Operation Avenger - Part 4
(1936.05.27)

The former government house, Gwan'ming, Cantonia

Several days after the battle of Bou'saan, several generals who once had nice performance in the mountainous battlefield were summoned to here, the former base of Dian clique forces.

"Why I always have to had meetings in ruined meeting room......" Kwok-dung muttered, just before Wu Zok-dung and Miihkali opened the door.

"Welcome, generals." Kwok-dung smiled and said, "Please take a seat."

"Well, may you tell me what's the point of summoning us to here......" Zok-dung said, and he was quite shocked when he discovered several civilians in suit were also here.

"Ah, forgive me that I didn't introduce them." Kwok-dung stood up and said, "They are representatives from a German company, and they are my generals."

"Guten Tag." Those representatives stood up and said.

"Gute...... Whatever, so why we are here?" Zok-dung, who have difficulty pronouncing German, asked Gwok-dung again.

"Well, the reason is quite simple." Kwok-dung answered, "As you might or might not heard about the famous German gebirgsjäger, their performance in mountainous battlefields are excellent. Trust me, I've see them with my own eyes."

"Yes, Gebirgs...... German forces are well-trained and well-armed, but what the connection between them and us?"

"If you had saw a terrain map of China, you'll know the connection." Kwok-dung opened a terrain map of China and explained, "You can see, most lands of China, especially the southern provinces, are mountains. And you probably see our troops'...... poor performance in the mountain."

"So this is what I think : What if we can have gebirgsjäger in our ranks too?" Kwok-dung smiled and asked.

"But would they sold us their equipments?" Miihkali asked, "And our poorly-trained troops seems impossible to use them well."

"Yes, but why would we do so......" Kwok-dung continued, "...... if we can build our own?"

"You mean Cantonia will build her own gebirgsjäger?" Miihkali asked, looked quite surprised.

"Yes, we successfully bought the blueprint of several equipments of the gebirgsjager, and I'll send them back to Gwong'zau and let our teams work on it."

"but only blueprints cannot finish the development, I need your experience to develope the main tactics of the "Saandei Lipbing". May Cantonia have you help, gentlemen?"

"Certainly!"

Dian27.png

==========================================================================
1)"Saandei Lipbing", literally means "hunter soldiers in mountain range" in Cantonese, is a loanword from German "Gebirgsjäger".

Last edited:
Cantonia.png

Operation Avenger - Part 5
(1936.05.29 - 1936.07.21)

Dian28.png

Dian29.png

The developement of Chemistry Industry was done on May 29. After that, Gaan Kwok-dung decided to organise his observations in the battlefield and modify some equipments to enhance the power of Cantonian Army.

Dian32.png

With the new factories in Gwan'ming recovered, the Cantonian government issued the third mobilisation, which increase the regular soldiers for 100 thousand. However, this plan was later decreased for 50 thousand due to the partisan activities in northern Wan'naam.

Dian34.png

Dian35.png

Battle of Ngaa'on, the last battle of the remain Dian Clique forces. However, lacking supplies and reinforcements for more than two months, their troops were poorly organised, and the morale were on the ground. Their secret command inside the mountains were found by Cantonian Army, because of the years of tranny of Dian Clique makes the civilian quite furious, and some of them decided to help us, the liberators.

Dian38.png

Dian39.png

With the capture of Long Yun and his cabinet, Dian Clique signed the docuement of unconditional surrender, as well as a modified version of the ultimatum, which make them apologise to President Gaan Kwok-dung and Cantonia, and all spies within Cantonia are ordered to surrendered to the local polices. However, since President Gaan Kwok-dung himself and his brother are both in Cantonia for some reason, Foreign Minister Wang Tsing-fei was authorised to sign the docuement.

Cantonia.png

Aftermath

1936.07.21 2100
A satellite town near Gwong'zau

The sliver crescent floated high above the black sky, and gives a weak light for people under her glow. However, there were something hiding deep in the darkness where no light were shining upon it.

"All ready?" A lieutenaut with a gas mask on his face asked the one behind him.

"Yes, sir." He responsed, after 8 heads with gas mask nodded.

"Good, remember we're in resident area, we must not fire unless we engaged hostile fires." Lieutenaut said, "We must not harm any innocent."

"Right, now move to the backdoor." Lieutenaut said quietly after several seconds of slient. Under his command, 9 soldiers, all with a gas mask to hide the ture face beneath it, swift towards a normal house. With not a single noise they reached the backdoor successfully.

"Ok, no civilian nearby." Lieutenaut said, "Now ready for breaking in, five, four, three......"

"Nobody move!" Lieutenaut knocked down the door and yelled, while his fellows rushed into the house. However, there are no resistance, actually it seems that NOBODY is in the house.

"Darn...... Check out every rooms, you five go upstairs!" Lieutenaut cursed, and knocked down another door, which led to a toilet.

"Gogogo!" A soldier shouted, and rushed upstairs with 4 other soldiers. After all of them are on the second floor, lieutenaut led his soldiers to knock down every door he saw, yet no one was found.

"Freeze!" Lieutenaut knocked down the last door, which led to the main road, and a black car. Like other rooms, no one was there.

"Darn, target must be upstairs......"

Suddenly, an explosion draw all their attention towards the backdoor, and they saw half of the house were in flame.

"What the......" While all the soldiers were shocked, a landing sound were heard, then the sound of engine running followoed.

"The car is running away!" A soldier yelled, and raise his rifle towards the running car.

"Stop! You might hit innocent......" However, when lieutenaut shouted that, the car already ran quite a distance, and any chase on foot is impossible to intercept it.

"Darn! The target escaped! Someone ran back to the......"

"Calm down please, lieutenaut?" Sunndenly, a vioce from back interrupted lieutenaut's speaking.

"What?"

"I mean, she will never escaped from our hands..... Now we're getting noticed, dismiss and regroup at the base." A gentlemen in black suit smiled and said, while some civilian noticed the explosion and the strange guys outside the house.

"Ha...... I did it......" In the forested roads towards Siu'gwaan, that black car rushed through the rain which is getting heavier and heavier.

"This rain can get rid of the tire traces, and they will not be able to chase me......" Jing-cing, the woman who was driving the car, thought and step on the accelerator with even more forces, which makes the car went faster. Suddenly, a wood being ran over by the car cause a great shake.

"Darn! I should slow down or a crash will make all these failed......" She through and stepped on the break. However, she cannot felt the break working, and the car was still running in a very high speed.

"What the......" She was panic, and use all his force to step on the break, yet still nothing is working. Little did she notice that a cliff is on the way......

Presidential Palace, Gwong'zau

"Please come in." Gaan Kwok-dung said, after someone knocked the door.

"Good morning, brother." The door was opened, and his brother - Gaan Kwok-loeng came in. After sitting in front of Kwok-dung, he said, "The job is done......"

"Yea, I know about that. Don't you read newspaper?" Kwok-dung smiled and grab out a newpaper.

"Civil war in Spain?" Kwok-loeng stared on a map of Iberia.

"Not this, that." Kwok-dung pointed to another article.

Gwong'zau News said:
Mysterious explosion in Cung'faa!
Accident or another plot against Cantonia?
On about 9 o'clock at night yesterday, a huge explosion were heard and witnessed by several residents of the remote town of Cung'faa. According to the witnesses, several soldiers with gas masks were in the place shortly after the explosion. The representative from Cantonian government arrived about 3 hours later. "We will not exclude the chance of hostile sabotage, but the chance is quite small." he explained, "And about those soldiers, they are a new-established police force, which aims on preventing sabotages from the enemy. They were here earlier to investigate this terrible accident, and the commander told me that this is possibly just a bad example of storing firecrackers."

"Did you think what I think?" Kwok-loeng asked Kwok-dung.

"Of course, we're brothers, right?" Kwok-dung laughed and said, "Also, I get a new nice car break, do you want it?"

Dian40.png

Last edited:
Cantonia.png

Voting Time
(1936.07.21 - 1936.10.01)

001.png

A new coal mine was opened in Gwai'lam, and more coals were producted to support the industry of Cantonia. Because of its aid, Cantonia now didn't need to purchase coals to run the factories. Actually, many nations, mostly western powers, now wanted to import Cantonian coals, however, no deal was made since their prices are too terrible.

002.png

003.png

After several months of development, the basic principals of Saandei Lipbing was done. After seeing the practice of these special units, Gaan Kwok-dung decided to train more Saandei Lipbing to fight against the enemy in the mountains of Wan'naam. In the meantime, the Department of Intelligence started working on Logistic of arsenals, which will provide our troops better supply.

Slider.png

Voting Time
Vote available for this chapter : Slider Move
Available choices:
(2)→Democratic for Cantonia! (towards Democratic)
.Long Lang
.Lao Zi-feng
The state must have more power to protect the people. (towards Authoritarian)
→We shall be more liberal. (towards Left)
We shall be more conservative. (towards Right)
(1)→We shall serve the local people better. (towards Closed Society)
.Miihkali
→The government should be able to command the factories. (towards Central Planning)
→We don't need so many regular soldiers. (towards Draft Army)
→The government should be more firm. (towards Hawk Lobby)
→The government should be more pacifist. (towards Dove Lobby)
(1)→We should spread our ideology towards others. (towards Interventionism)
.Guo Zhi-feng
→We should isolate our state from others. (towards Isolationism)

Note : The moves marked with red means this move will bring Cantonia to dictatorship, and that might cause problems.

005.png

Cantonian government in 1936.10.01

Last edited:
Some not-so-relevant stuffs :D

Toiwaan_Laukau.png

A new event which will order Cantonia to liberate Japanese occupied Taiwan and Ryukyu is done, this picture shows the place where the Operation Jin'ping will take place. ( "Jin'ping" is a title of Koxinga, who liberated Taiwan from VOC. Although this title have nothing to do with that.)

Reno.png

:rofl:

From Admiral Long Lang's point of view, the republic is now strong and stable enough for the government to give some power back to the people.
Move towards democratic!

Long live the people of Cantonia!

Naval.png

Naval technologies Cantonia now have. :)
I gave Cantonia the ability to build some basic warships. :D

that reminder of change of policy events is written in really poor english.... ;)

but good job fo far