• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Cantonia.png

Greater Cantonian Republic

Tug of War (3)
(1944.10.02 - 1944.12.04)

PC029.png

Annual slider move, not much to say.

PC030.png

To rescue the falling US Army in Greece, Britain launched an assault against Croatia.

PC031.png
PC032.png

As all Red Army soldiers in Balkan were sent to Greece and Bulgaria, Slovenia and Croatia were annexed quickly.

PC033.png

To launch the assault against Croatia, British soldiers were ordered to abandon their frontline in Palestine.

PC034.png

US forces launched another assault in Dunkerque, Flanders. It was believed that the Allies found that launching assaults in unguarded places can distract Red Army soldiers from their original front line, thus helping other front line's situation.

PC036.png

Tannu Tuva, an unpopular nation in Northern Mongolia, became a soviet republic and joined the Soviet Union. No one cares.

PC037.png

PC038.png

To utilise the distraction doctrine, Allied forces launched assaults in Italy and Denmark. However, Gaan Gwok-dung considered this distraction doctrine distracted the allied forces as well. Considered that Red Army had many more soldiers than the Allies, this doctrine might end in disaster.

I would comment on the allied strategy but...errr...uhhh, sorry, I got distracted.;)

Cantonia.png

Tug of War (4)
(1944.12.05 - 1945.04.01)

PC039.png

Rome was liberated on December 8.

PC040.png

US Army landed on Northern Primosky, encircling Soviet troops in Primosky.

PC042.png

Another US assault was launched against the port city of Marseille. If they managed to capture Genoa, Italy front and Marseille front will be connected.

PC043.png

Europe, January 1, 1945. Italy front and Marseille front connected, and it was extended to Austria. Flanders front and Denmark front were going well too. Also, Britain launched another assault against Palestine as well, and the Suez Canal was in British reach. However, to maintain these fronts, Allied forces were pulled from Balkan.

PC045.png

Suez Canal was liberated on January 11.

PC046.png

Europe, February 1, 1945. Southern Europe front were going well, as most of the Italy and Southern France was liberated.

PC049.png

Europe, March 1, 1945. To distract more Soviet troops, the Allies pulled from France and use the mto land on Balkan. Although the assault was a success, France front was fallen and Italy front was cut off. Also, Denmark front was falling slowly too.

PC052.png

Europe, April 1, 1945. To rescue Italy front, Allied forces were pulled out from Denmark and Flanders and landed on Italy. Although the two fronts in Italy were reconnected, Flanders front and Denmark front were fallen. Also, Balkan front was divided into three by reinforcing Soviet troops. Most CEAN officers didn't figure out what was the Allies high command planning for.

PC054.png

Considered that more and more Soviet soldiers were reinforcing their comrades in Europe and Middle East, US forces landed on Peria to cut off the supply line and...... to distract Soviet troops.

Cantonia.png

Tug of War (5)
(1944.04.02 - 1945.05.06)

PC056.png

Seeing more and more Allied fronts were falling, the Allied high command decided to land on Murmanak to...... whatever. CEAN officers stopped analysing the Allied strategy and started laughing at it instead.

PC057.png

The Allies landed on Dunkerque again.

PC058.png

Europe, May 1, 1945. Allied forces were marching towards Paris, the former capital of France. To spped up the progress, Allied troops in Italy and Balkan were ordered to retreat and joined the assault in France.

PC059.png

Middle East, May 1, 1945. Palestine was under Allied control. In the same time US assault in Eastern Persia was going well. If they succeed, the Soviet supply line might be cut off.

PC061.png

Paris was liberated on May 1.

PC062.png

PC063.png

Wallonia, a puppet of Soviet Union, was annexed on May 3. Her lands were divided by France and Belgium.
PC064.png

Without enough soldiers to hold the line, Rome was encircled.

PC065.png

Luxemburg was annexed.

Cantonia.png

Tug of War (6)
(1944.05.07 - 1945.06.01)

PC066.png

PC067.png

Flanders was annexed on May 8. Her lands were divided by Netherlands, Belgium and France.

PC068.png

Rome was captured by Italy on May 11.

PC069.png

PC070.png

Franklin D. Roosevelt, the president of United States of America, passed away on May 20. Harry S. Truman took his seat and become the new leader of USA.

Franklin_Roosevelt_funeral_procession_1945.jpg

FDR's funeral procession with horse-drawn casket.

PC071.png

Europe, June 1, 1945. After the retreat in Italy, Allied soldiers were sent to Greece and Western France to cerate more fronts.

PC072.png

Persia, June 1, 1945. Allied offense was stopped, and the line was pulling back.

PC073.png

Far East, June 1, 1945.

I am so distracted by the allied distractions I dont even know where to start commenting. Great updates though.

Cantonia.png

Tug of War (7)
(1944.06.02 - 1945.09.01)

PC075.png

Madagascar, the only soviet puppet in Africa, was annexed on June 25.

PC076.png

Europe, July 1, 1945. Most of the France was liberated, and the front line stopped near the pre-war border of France and Belgium.

PC077.png

Far East, July 1, 1945.

PC078.png

Allied forces landed on Persia again, but they didn't hold for long.

PC079.png

Europe, August 1, 1945. France front was falling slowly. Denmark front had fallen already.

PC080.png

Far East, August 1, 1945.

PC081.png

PC082.png

Britain launched another assault against Jutland. The assault was a success as they even liberated Kiel and Hamburg, which was within Germany. Later, they liberated Hannover as well.

PC083.png

Europe, September 1, 1945. Despite British advance in Northern Germany was going well, the France line was falling back to Paris, results in (another) statemate in Europe.

Okay, what is the reason for all these allied successes, then failures? Are they spread to thin, or due the Soviets just have a massive amount of troops?

Cantonia.png

Tug of War (8)
(1944.09.02 - 1945.10.01)

PC085.png

Allied forces landed on Kuweit on September 2 to distract Red Army soldiers.
"Can't they know right from wrong?" A CEAN officer commented, and someone sent this question to Allied high command in Paris. He received a response with "C'est du chinois." (That's Chinese to me) on it.

PC086.png

Paris fell again on September 19.

PC087.png

Founding that Syria allowed Allied soldiers to cross her border, Soviet Union declared war upon Syria. She was annexed few days later.

PC089.png

Europe, October 1, 1945. Jutland front was fallen quickly after Hannover's liberation. US forces captured Paris again, but the whole line was falling. Gaan Gwok-dung hoped that they could learn right from THIS wrong.

PC090.png

East Asia, October 1, 1945. Allied fronts in Far East connected into one. However, with the Soviet soldiers coming from the west, this line might probably fall.

Voting Time

PC088.png

1) Annual policy adjustment.

(0/1)→The state needs more power to hold herself in one piece(Towards Authoritarian)
.Kane
(3/0)We should cerate a more equal society (Towards Left)
.Lao Zi-feng
.Gaan Gwok-dung
.Gaan Gwok-loeng
(1/0)→We should be more conservative (Towards Right)
.Guo Zhi-feng
→The police should have more power (Towards Closed Society)
→The government should interfere the market(Towards Central Planning)
→Demobilise some of our soldiers, and replace their role by draft soldiers (Towards Drafted Army)
→We should be more peaceful (Towards Dove Lobby)
→We should stay out of the World War III or other global conflicts (Towards Isolationism)
(1/0)→Our government is the best in ever (Save the change)
.Jiu Zung-jan

Last edited:
grayghost said:
Okay, what is the reason for all these allied successes, then failures? Are they spread to thin, or due the Soviets just have a massive amount of troops?
I believe the main reason is the Allies pull soldiers from their current fronts to gather enough troops to launch other assaults. Then those old fronts fell due to lack of soldiers. After they secured the new front, they pull back to launch another assault......

Vicious Circle.

Okay, my vote. Left again baby, as in political left. Always liked those southpaws.

SeedSnatcher said:
Hmm... we really don't have anywhere to go with our policies? I'll take the right-winged path.
Probably, so I added another choice - Save the change :)

Oh, and a note about Allied strategy, I'm playing a Doomsday 1945 game as Commie China, and joined the Comintern by '47. The Soviet Union and Yugoslavia were double-teaming the Allies one-by-one. However, like we see here, the Allies occasionally try little attacks. However, in my game, they aren't so reckless about them. However, the Americans invaded at Primorsky, and, well, that spelled major disaster for the Comintern, as neither the Soviets nor myself could hold them back. :( The moral of the story is, don't be surprised if the American landings in the Far East cause the downfall of the Soviets. :)

→The state needs more power to hold herself in one piece(Towards Authoritarian). :D

One move to the left.

We must declare war against the Soviet Union.
If the USSR wins the war, then the world will be a much darker place.

Declare war against the USSR?
Yes: 1
No: 0

NO!
No more wars for Cantonia, the west and the east have managed to fight each other like enraged childs, only to impose their form of governement,the CEAN must stay neutral I say!
The world will be both darker under the extreme capitalism of the USA, who will make wars at the shadow to sell their weaponary,and aslo will be darker with the communist behemoth trying to liberate the workers of the world, steamrolling thousands of lives in the way!
I say no to war !

SeedSnatcher : Don't trust the Intelligence of AI too much. :rofl:

Sir Kenny : Perhaps, but I care about WHEN should the war began. If we declare war too early, which Soviet Union still have too much forces, we will be screwed. :(
Yet I don't think we would declare it too late, as Siberia and Europe is quite big. :) (We probably won't reach Moskva first)
I think we should set up a line, and declare war if Allied forces passed the line or something like that. :)

As the war between the Allies and Soviet Union is still in statamate, maybe we should spread the sphere of influence of CEAN now? (East Turkestan and Tibet for example)