• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Reno Vercetti said:
DarkReborn : Rather than the real Kamikaze, I'm more afraid of Japanese's "Kamikaze"....... You probably know what I mean. :wacko:

gis : I'll try to write about that later. :)

Crush3r : I'm sorry that landing on Tokyo is nearly impossible. Japanese were guarding their capital and their emperor a bit too seriously that they stack more than a dozen of divisions there. :wacko:
After landing on Hiroshima we will reach Tokyo as fast as possible. Since the Allies tend to land on ally's land, I don't think we would lost Tokyo once we've reach the border. :)
UKGMK sounds a bit too long, I think Kingdom of China would be alright. :)
Siam...... Actually I think liberating the whole Indochina as Indochina. :)

Also, I found out that Japanese were acting strange due to their desperation. On the pacific island of Truk, more than 35 divisions were garrisoned there, and make it nearly impossible to capture. (Yes, the island have VP)
So, I've decided to write a event to let Japanese surrender when their whole home islands were captured. :)

Ok, Hiroshima it is in that case, just keep the precious navy safe from megastacks. And KoC sounds good, but I think we should liberate Siam and a separate Indochina, but keeping the northernmost 2 provinces (and possibly Saigon too).

Jap surrender is also the normal thing for them to do.

EDIT: I once (almost 2 yrs ago i think) played 1944 Hoi2 simple with ROC and I took half of Japan and while advancing towards Tokyo, the US landed there, and I couldn' liberate Japan (i still have the emotional scars :p :D )

Crush3r : Why Siam should be divided from Indochina? :confused:
And I think Cantonia would at least keep Haiphong, as that could be a bridgehead when Indochina is invaded by other. :) (Thanks to the terrible terrain near Yunnan)
And yes, other than the fact that Hiroshima is unguarded, the Hiroshima province in HoI2 is called "Chūgoku", in Chinese Character and Kanji it's same as "China", so a revenge from China should start from "China"! :D

Cantonia.png

Greater Cantonian Republic

Fading Sun

1943.12.03 1800
A resort near Pyongyang, Korea

After the liberation of Taiwan, the cabinet gathered to a secret resort under Gaan Gwok-dung's order. Several minutes before 6 o'clock, all 6 other ministers were here. Led by a soldier, they found Gaan Gwok-dung was sitting beside a big round desk, enjoying a glass of wine and watching the twilight.

"Welcome, please take a seat and enjoy." Gaan Gwok-dung said, "I found this place while we were uprooting Japanese resistance. Japanese obviously know how to pick a meeting place."

"Alright, let's back to business." Gaan Gwok-dung finished his glass and said, "In November, a operation which aimed at landing on Taiwan was a success, the whole island was liberated in a week, and our army suffered little lost."

"Several Allied officers came to me later, and they wanted us to launch a similar operation." Gaan Gwok-dung took up a scroll.

"Some of you might know what's inside this scroll." Gaan Gwok-dung unfolded the scroll.
Japan1.png

Several ministers were shocked.

"While we were still liberating Manchuria, Allied forces occupied Hokkaidō. However, they encountered serious civilian resistance, and could barely move." Gaan Gwok-dung poured another glass of wine and said, "They saw that Taiwan, under Japanese rule for about 50 years, welcomed our liberation, so they thought it would work in Japan also."

"But that's different!" Ching Chang-chon said.

"Well, I seldom comment about their intelligence." Gaan Gwok-dung laughted and said, "However, the people in Japan might resist us less, as we are Asian too. Quite suitable for their ideology."

"According to a report from our spies in Japan, the China area......" Gaan Gwok-dung corrected, "...... Chūgoku area have little garrison, and a landing against there would be possible and quite easy to sueecss."

"After we established the bridgehead in Ch...... Hiroshima, then more reinforcements would be sent there. Then they would launch a massive assault against......" Gaan Gwok-dung stood up and pointed to the map. "Tokyo, the heart of Japanese Empire."

"Won't this plan too ambitious?" Ching Chang-chon asked, "We would only get casualties there!"

"In fact, we are all casualties of this war." Jiu Zung-jan said, "But if we aimed at Tokyo, why don't we land directly there?"

"The reason is simple : Almost all Japanese garrisons in their homeland is in Tokyo." Gaan Gwok-dung said, "We don't even sure we can take Tokyo in land battle, the situation will only become worser when our troops stuck in the mud of Tokyo Bay, and thousands of naval cannons are aiming them."

"Other than Ching Chang'chon, who disagree the landing?" Gaan Gwok-dung asked. After several seconds, he conclueded, "Then, the Operation Fading Sun will start later, Mr. Jiu, please prepare your ships. Dismiss."

After all the ministers were gone, Gaan Gwok-dung finished his third glass of wine. He stared at the twilight and thought about something.

Cantonia.png

Operation Fading Sun (1)
(1943.11.26 - 1944.02.02)

FS01.png

On December 23, the whole Cantonian Navy was gathering near the coast of Japan. After confirming no Japanese forces were on the sea or land, Gaan Gwok-dung himself, on the bridge of GHL Wing Ping, ordered the full scale assault.

FS02.png

2 days later, a French armoured division landed on the town of Izumo, they quickly secure the beach, and 8 more divisions were landed there later.

FS03.png

FS04.png

After the bridgehead and its supply lines were established, a assault against Osaka was started. Japanese garrisons were outnumbered and destroyed. On the Japanese New Year day, Osaka was captured.

FS06.png

FS07.png

As soon as General Lao Zi-feng arrived Hiroshima, an assault against Northern Kyushu was launched. 18 days later, General Lao Zi-feng captured Fukuoka, a major city in Kyushu.

FS08.png

FS09.png

In the meantime, another landing at Okinawa was started. Japan, lack of professional soldiers, abandoned these islands.

FS10.png

Chugoku was totally under Allied control. Surprisingly, the civilian resistance was not as tough as Gaan Gwok-dung thought.

Cantonia.png

Operation Fading Sun (2)
(1944.02.03 - 1944.03.12)

FS12.png

General Lao Zi-feng attacked the island of Shikoku, where a naval base was at.

FS13.png

Allied forces started encircling Tokyo to prevent Japanese reinforcements reached there.

FS16.png

FS17.png

(February 30?)
An massive assault against the imperial capital of Tokyo was launched in February 28. Although the imperial guards were fighting back bravely ("Even they are enemies, their braveness were remarkable, and shall be remembered." - General Lao Zi-feng), they were driven out of the city after 3 days of heavy battle.

FS18.png

3 days later, Cantonian flags were flying high above the Japanese National Diet Building. Obviously, the emperor was not in Tokyo now.

FS19.png

FS20.png

After the fall of the capital, and the rumours that the emperor was captured by Cantonia, Japanese soldiers started feeling tired about the war, even the life.

FS21.png

The last assault in Japan, almost every Japanese soldiers were in despair, and surrendered to the Allies or killed themselves.

FS22.png

The Japanese Mainland was totally under Cantonian control. In this war, more than 400,000 Japanese soldiers were killed in battle or suicide. In Akita, 50,000 Japanese soldiers yelled "Long Live the emperor!" and jumped from a cliff. Some said the sea became red for hours after that. Also, about 250,000 Japanese civilians were killed during the battle. Totally, more than a million men were killed in this war. The only thing that was not so hopeless was, the end of the war is near.

Cantonia.png

Twilight

1944.04.13 0000
National Diet Building, Tokyo

Japanese_Diet_Hall_Design_by_Fukuzo_Watanabe.jpg

It had been more than a month since the fall of Tokyo. The city was in silent since then, there were not many people on the streets even at the afternoon. Those who were outside, looks like zombies. Being unable to accept this atmosphere, other Allied commanders left here as soon as the Japan mainland was occupied. No visitors came into the building since then, until now.

A black Volkswagen Type 1 car from the airport was running through the deserted streets, straightly towards the National Diet Building. It passed the guards without problems, and arrived to the lot. As soon as the car stopped, the driver opened the door. Later, a Japanese in suit came out from the car, and walked towards the building itself. After walking through several corridors, he arrived the meeting room.

Inside the room Gaan Gwok-dung was standing beside the window. He quickly recognise the one who just came in, and he bowed to him.

"Your highness, I know you will come." Gaan Gwok-dung said, in Japanese.

"Of course, you are the one who asked me to come here." He answered.

"Well, politicians seldom fulfill their promises...... whatever." Gaan Gwok-dung said.

"Please back to the business now, time should not be wasted." He said, "Too much blood had been shed since the war began...... This had to be ended."

"You didn't realise that until we are here?" Gaan Gwok-dung asked.

"No, but I am just a figurehead since the military had taken control of my people's nation." He explained, "Even now, I had to reach here secretly."

"Then we really should not waste time, now talk about the condition." Gaan Gwok-dung spoke quicker and quicker, "THEY don't want any conditions, we don't either, but we can offer concessions as well."

"All I want is an nation for my people, I could even give up my throne for that." He said.

"I can't decide that, but I promise I would convince my cabinet and the Allies for that. A new Japan shall be established as soon as the old one surrendered."

"Thank you, but I don't think the military will surrender." He signed and said.

"That's not a problem, as long as you want peace, we will bring peace to you and your people."

"Thank you." He bowed and said, "I must go back now. Hopes that I can meet you later."

"We will." Gaan Gwok-dung responsed.

Voting Time
1)After realising the war is going to end, and the government still refuse to accept the truth, several Japanese officers rebelled in the Japanese base of Truk. Several hawkish ministers, including Tojo Hideki and several high ranking officers were killed or executed in this arise. Later, the new head of the Japanese government sent a surrender request to Gwong'zau. They would surrender to us as long as the emperor would be protected. What shall we do to the war-torn Japan now?

→Divide Japan with the Allies
(4/0)Establish a democratic, peace-loving (and Cantonia-loving) government in Japan
.Gaan Gwok-dung
.Gaan Gwok-loeng
.Lao Zi-feng
.Jiu Zung-jan

Last edited:
Free Japan! Do not divide!

Cantonia.png

Pax Cantonica
(1944.03.13 - 1944.05.01)

PC001.png

PC002.png

After 5 years of war and millions of casualties, Japanese soldiers were tired of war. The old hawkish military government was overthrown, and the new government surrendered to Cantonia. However, they didn't accept the condition from the rest of the Allies. After several arguments, Cantonia left the so-called freedom-protecting Allies. The Japanese Army was disbanded, and all ships of Japanese Navy were sent to Cantonia. However, after several battles, all left in the Japanese Navy were two ships - IJN Nagato (BB) and IJN Sakawa (CL). Finally, the war was over...... for now.

(OOC : These two ships were sunk after being used to test the power of nuclear weapon in real life. I feel sorry about them so I took them to Cantonia.)

japanese.jpg

The Japanese government signed the official surrender on IJN Nagato, after she was handed to the Cantonian Navy.

PC003.png

On April 26, India was free from British colonial control, and Pakistan was established too.

PC004.png

PC005.png

On May 1, after the handover perparation was completed, two new governments were established from Cantonia. The Kingdom of China controlled the land of Northern China, Manchuria and Korea. Japan controlled the Japanese Islands. Later, these three nations formed the Commonwealth of East Asian Nations, or CEAN.

CEAN3.png

The flag of CEAN.

Cantonia.png

Third Armageddon

1944.05.02 ????
Kremlin, Moscow

"Comrade Stalin......" A secretariat reading a report in front of Stalin. Her body was shacking. "United States had sent us another request, urging us to return France......"

"They will not be fulfilled." Stalin said, "The inevitable World Revolution must be continued."

"Then I will deny their request......" She responsed and walked towards the door.

"Wait, comrade Zofia." Stalin stopped she and said, "I would like to tell those more."

Stalin took out his favourite pipe, and started smoking it.

"Since the USSR is established, those Americans have taunted our culture, economy, military and politics. Although the history have proved that capitalism only corrupt human society, they still insist on it." Stalin said, "Although their failures are inevitable, we shall speed up this process. As we are true communists."

"It seems that you still don't understand what I mean, comrade." Stalin looked at her face and said, "Gather the high ranking generals to here now. After we discussed about some minor topics, we will see who will be the ones doing the taunting."

1944.05.02 ????
White House, Washington DC

In the oval office, the red phone on the president's desk rang while Franklin D. Roosevelt was reading a newspaper.

"President, we have situation critical." The one at the other side of the phone said, "Reports of Soviet invasion just flooded the command centre in Oslo."

"What?" Franklin can't believe his ears. "This maybe a misreport, check it again."

"Franklin, " The voice said, "Dozens of same misreport are just impossible, the Soviets had invaded us."

"It can't be! We sent them those resources......" Franklin was furious.

"Communists don't remember those, president." The voice continued, "They didn't return us France either. For the liberty, president, we must react....."

"Terrible, the war against Japan just ended, and now......" Franklin uttered, "...... Field Marshall, prepare your troops. The dice shall be cast."

PC007.png

Neutrality Declaration of the Commonwealth of East Asian Nations said:
Earlier this morning, the United States of America declared war upon Soviet Union. That means the Allies are in war with the Comintern now. Chancellor Gaan Gwok-dung thinks this war would harm the people who just free from the World War II. However, as the leader of the Commonwealth of East Asian Nations, he declared the neutrality of the Commonwealth. Which means all member nations of the Commonwealth would not intervent the war between USA and Soviet Union. Trading with two factions would not be cancelled, and anyone who shows hostility against any Commonwealth object without logical reasons would be considered as a declaration of war.

Well let's see if Cantonia can get something good of this war, without fighting, of course.

We must, at least, support with resouces the Allies, because if they fall, no doubt that the next target will be the CEAN and its freedom-loving people!

I repeat, ONLY resources, no technologies or others, we dont want to angry that much the Soviets.

We can't send them techs anyway. We have done good in shielding ourselves from this conflict, but I must confess, we should support the Allies behind the scenes.

Make KNC and Japan independent nations, not puppet nations.
We are liberators, not conquerers.
And the WW3 will be nothing but a stalemate, so we should stay out of it.

Last edited:
The world runs to his destruction...

Err... actually, the Emperor of Japan was not a puppet of the military. The Japanese government was highly military dominated and Hirohito tended to agree more than would be strictly necessary with the military, but his wishes were respected (actually, the Meiji Constitution made him head of the armed forces, and he made some very poor strategic decisions later attributed to the likes of Tojo). The myth that the Emperor was a puppet was simply made by the Japanese and American governments, both of which needed to keep Hirohito as head of Japan (if only as a figurehead), and the myth was used to justify this action. If you don't believe me, read Hirohito and the Making of Modern Japan by Herbert P. Bix.

Anyway, it is good that we are staying out of WWIII for now. I believe that we should remain neutral until one side is winning, and then join them for greatest possible benefit. As a leftist democracy, we should still be welcomed by the Comnitern due to the fact that our left/right slider is to the left.

DarkReborn & Crush3r : Actually, after the war started, tons of orders of supply flooded the Cantonian office. :rofl:
Some deals with the Allies might be made after Cantonia settled the post-war reconstruction, and in fact, the Soviets don't need to buy resources. :)

Sir Kenny : They will be released in May 8, after the handover is done. :)

Viden : Well, humans tend to repeat the same fault.

Rodrico Stak : :(
You might be right, but I think the mind of Hirohito and the military might change dramatically after the fall of their homeland? :eek:o