• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
→The state must have more power to protect the people. (towards Authoritarian)

If I were in the cabinet I'd vote to eliminate the commies. Those forted areas would provide a good battleground for a possible future Canto-Japanese War.

Thank for Medals!

And there comes my votes: The state must have more power to protect the people, and war against Communist China and Tibet (Sinkiang is useless)

Miihkali said:
Thank for Medals!

And there comes my votes: The state must have more power to protect the people, and war against Communist China and Tibet (Sinkiang is useless)

Why do we have so many god-damn greedy cabinet members?
"More power to the state", hell, you're basicly becoming the monster that you've just defeated.

Sir Kenny said:
Why do we have so many god-damn greedy cabinet members?
"More power to the state", hell, you're basicly becoming the monster that you've just defeated.

I am supporter of dictatorship. Maybe there sometime becomes event which expose my plans to take power to myself and declare war against whole world - because to me only whole world is enough :D

Given recent tendencies of warmongering and autocratic governance in Cantonia, Admiral Long Ling has come to a decision which he had been thinking about for several months already.

"I will resign his office of Chief of the Cantonian Navy. While this should not be regarded as an act of disloyalty to Cantonia, I feel that I can no longer take any responsibility for the political decisions made by her leadership. Should my services as an admiral still be needed, I will do my best to fulfill my oath and patriotic duty. If, as i expect, I will be accused of treachery, so it shall be.
Gentlemen, thanks for your attention. God bless Cantonia.

Upon this, the other members of the cabinet were so surprized and confused that none of them stopped the admiral as he left the conference room in a hurry. There had been rumours that Tibet had offered him the position as Chief of Navy, and he had even personally visited the Dalai Lama before the recent war. :eek:
Was that what he was up to? :confused: Maybe Long Ling wasn't yet sure about that, himself. It would probably depend on his former colleagues' reaction.

Can I apply as an admiral and replacement for Long Ling? Just give me any pic and name (as long as it includes a „Z”). Market Liberal.

Head of Intelligence Guo Zhi Feng attended the meeting, wherein the next course of action was to be decided. He cast his vote for more interventionist policies, noting, "It'll make it easier to declare war on those Japs." and supported any sort of war with the communists, noting, "Though I'm nto exactly an expert, their fotifications could be used in the war with those Japs." No, he really didn't like those Japs. He left the meeting, and took a plane to Shang'hai, where the local branch of the Department of Intelligence R&D had made a small breakthrough in electronics. He was excited, his R&D department was finally being used for something even vaguely well, intelligence-related. He arrived, and stepped inside the workshop. Inside, the branch head walked through and explained what was going on with this electronics business. When done, Guo had considered many application for it, and with that, he stepped outside to grab a bite at a local restaurant. When he was done, he walked out, and suddenly, an explosion rocked the area. The workshop was in ruins. Military policemen were already on the scene. Guo ran to one of them, "Any clues as to who could've done this?!"
"No, sir.", the policeman replied.
"Anything survive?"
"Not that we could see."
"Damn.", Guo cursed as he pounded his knee., "Alright, this investigation will now be headed by the Department of Intelligence.", he declared. He would have to remember to have agents come in later. It was back to the drawing board with the electronics research.
The next day, he had a meeting to attend. Of course, this wasn't any official government meeting, no this was the shady sort that people in his field often dealt with. He was to meet with some Japanese nuclear scientists that, of course, betrayed Japan. When he arrived, he saw a band of 6 or so scientists, with a translator. Guo greeted them, shook hands, then got down to business. The scientists were taken out to a lab, probably about 25 km from Korla. This was to be their research facility. A nuclear reactor would probably be built here later, that is, if President Gaan would approve of it. Guo also had some of the brighter R&D men transferred here, as assistants and such. The Japanese scientists got settled in, and thanked Guo for granting them a chance to join Cantonia.

Dimonacntrlslg.jpg

The Korla Laboratory
Skill: 4
Chemistry, Electronics, Nuclear Physics, Mathematics, Nuclear Engineering

W. Iljitsch : Too bad that Long Ling resigned his career as Chief of Navy. :(
He would be welcomed if he wanted to came back to his former office. :)

Crush3r : Maybe, it depends on the development of this event. :eek:
Also, just to inform you, in Jyutping, the Z letter is pronounced as [ts]. :)

SeedSnatcher : This techteam should be available as soon as we have the province of Korla itself. :) (And with no objections)
Also, does it means the Department of Intelligence R&D is dismissed and its former member formed (part of) this techteam? :confused:

Reno Vercetti said:
W. Iljitsch : Too bad that Long Ling resigned his career as Chief of Navy. :(
He would be welcomed if he wanted to came back to his former office. :)

Unfortunately I won't have the time to follow the AAR as frequently as would be appropriate at least for a couple of weeks, so it would be great if someone could take my place (for as long as he/she wants, I won't pop up and claim it back).

Great AAR so far, and good luck to y'all! :)

Reno Vercetti said:
SeedSnatcher : This techteam should be available as soon as we have the province of Korla itself. :) (And with no objections)
Also, does it means the Department of Intelligence R&D is dismissed and its former member formed (part of) this techteam? :confused:
Oh, I thought we had it for a moment. Shows how long it's been since I've played HoI2. :D Could you then locate it in Golmud or Yushu, if you don't mind? Wherever seems more remote to you. Oh, and no, there will still be a Department of Intelligence R&D, don't worry. Just because they blew up one little workshop and forced us to restart one rather important project doesn't mean we're giving up. :) In any case, have fun developing nukes. :D

W. Iljitsch : You are always welcome to come back. :)

SeedSnatcher : I certainly don't mind, as long as they are not in my backyard. :rofl:
I think Golmud would be the best place, as I am not sure whether Yushu is a province in the game. :)

After Long Ling's resign, a new Chief of Navy is in his seat now. Jiu Zung-jan, a naval officer from the Cantonian Navy, is now the new Chief of Cantonian Navy.

Interbellum008.png

Last edited:
Reno Vercetti said:
Crush3r : Maybe, it depends on the development of this event. :eek:
Also, just to inform you, in Jyutping, the Z letter is pronounced as [ts]. :)

Don't worry, I like [ts]. :p

Crush3r : :D

Note : The vote will end in 24 hours. :)

Maxing out interventionism would be good to keep dissent down when we'll stab Japan in the back.

But why so many people want a war against those poor defenseless areas to the west? They both want to be left alone and are useless. Besides a war with the Dalai Lama would not look good and Sinkiang isn't Cantonian. The Japanese are imperialistic, not Cantonia! Mao is the one untrustful person in the region. If he manages to convince the Soviet Union to help, we're dead meat.

I'd also suggest avoiding building submarines, and instead focusing on destroyers for the navy. Is there anyway the Japanese will sell a Carrier? We need a large flagship to fit out new status as continental power.

Now that we have consolidated power in South China we need to expand our resources, build more factories, and try to expand our navy and our airforce, there no need for more expansion, as our citizens have so many space as they want

I can forsee a future encounter Japan vs USA, so, with time, we need to exit that alliance, if we dont want to fight in a conflict of such dimensions

Last edited:
Crush3r : Well, since spreading Democracy to those lands are considered as Cantonia's job...... :rolleyes:

I don't see any Carrier or ships begins with B in the sell list at the time we bought the CL.(Japanese claim that's CA) I might check the list later, and bought more ships for the navy, and weaken Japanese Navy.

Edit : Yes, they are selling many ships now, but with a skyrocketing price...... :eek:

DarkReborn & SeedSnatcher : Yes, but Cantonia probably will stay in the Greater East Asia Co-Something before 1940, as Japanese can boost our technology. ;)

Since one option of the slider changing vote received 4 votes, update will be delivered soon, as Cantonian Army shouldn't be sending anywhere before the redeployment ( and the terrible TC ) is done. :D
The vote of having war with warlords will continue until the time is up.

Last edited:
Cantonia.png

Greater Cantonian Republic

Interbellum (2)
(1938.10.02 - 1938.11.15)

Interbellum009.png

The annual meeting on October 10 decided that Cantonia need a more progressive foreign policy.

Interbellum010.png

Interbellum011.png

Some technological advances in this 45 days. With these technologies, Cantonia now can build her own destroyers, and her guardians can receive better equipment too.

Interbellum012.png

Since the basic reconstruction of Mainland China is done, Cantonian government started a industrial expansion plan, which can expand Cantonian industrial base in a year, and probably able Cantonia to run 5 different projects in same time.