Third round of updates for the naval pack:
This mod changes unit sprites for nearly all ships sprites for HOI2 Doomsday (DD) and Doomsday Armageddon (DDA). Included are all units from earlier naval, BB and CV packs plus new and updated sprites. As always: please report any problems.
Download v3 (updated 14 June 2009):
(11 MB zip, unzipped ca. 195 MB)
- nearly all sprites re-rendered, capital ships slightly bigger, added effects for waves and explosions
- recent BB update with new Sov lvl 5 BB Sovietsky Soyuz class included
- new generic submarine sprite
- changed attack anims of all BB and BC sprites by adding smoke effects to the firing sequences
- Italian BBs reworked, added characteristic red-white markers on the front hull
- added a Soviet lvl 1 BB (Gangut-class)
- added CVLs for Jap (Zuiho), Eng (Hermes), and a generic one (US Bogue-class, since US CVEs were widely used also by other countries)
- included a replacement for generic transport ship
- After unzipping, it should create a folder called "gfx". Simply drop the "gfx" folder in your main DD folder "..\HOI Doomsday", it has a sub-folder structure like the game and therefore all files should be automatically moved to the neccessary destination from there, so you should be ready to play then. Be aware that original files will be overwritten.
- Note that this is DD/DDA only, esp. due to the inclusion of CVLs. You maybe able to get the other sprites to work somehow in vanilla HOI, but since I only have DD/DDA I unfortunately can't help much with that.
- Be aware that some sprites will appear in your game only if you (or the AI) build the right model (this goes for BBs, for example Yamato class as Jap appears only if you build SHBB) and/or if you group your ships in a certain way (for example CVL sprites aren't displayed when being in a fleet together with CVs or BBs, but they're are visible when grouped with BC, CA, or screens)
- These sprites look best when used with the standard HOI2DD/DDA ocean color. If you modded your game to use another color, you may see artefacts due to the anti-aliasing the anims were rendered with