• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"Top....men..."

Pff, good luck finding them in there:
RaidersSmithsonianWarehouse.jpg

Isn't it a little too obvious for the assassin to be carrying Imperial coins? This means either that the assassin was hired by an idiot, or the assassin was hired by a devious genius.

What if Christina hired the assassin wanting it to look like it was Mehtar/Thomas. The Exarchates probably don't even realize that Christina is playing her own game, so even if they find out it was her, they would still blame Thomas. :eek:

Furthermore, Mehtar delenda est.

Enewald said:
Why just not kill Thomas.... btw, does he have any heirs yet?
Who would be the first to inherit?
Yes he does have heirs, it's mentioned back at the seduction update. But none of his heirs would inherit seeing as there would still be two Emperors left, Heraklios and Alexios.

I don't think there will be a civil war so much as a silent blood feud between the Spain and Constantinople.

Been reading through the last set of updates for the past month and I must say it deserves every honor and commendation it gets and more, hence my vote in the ACA's this quarter. Great job General_BT!

I love how the readers here have become as suspicious as the characters, seeing double-and-triple crosses everywhere and assuming every event is an elaborate deception. I love ti. :D

BT, as for Mehtar, I actually sympathize with Mehtar to an extent. I don't see him as inherently cruel or "evil" - as opposed to, say, Thomas who clearly has an inclination towards brutality and violence - but rather a very misguided person who is trying to "do right" by the person he cares about. Unfortunately, the object of his affection is aforementioned brute. But Mehtar is certainly not the first person to be blinded by his feelings, nor will he be the last. I just hope, like I mentioned in the last post, that he might finally see reason in the end. A loose alliance of Mehtar, Rodrigo and Sophie under the aegis of the old Spider to oust Christina? Probably not, but I can hope. ;)

Speaking of Manuel, I feel his end is rapidly drawing near.

another gay relationship :eek: those are seriously one of the best parts of this aar,
ioannes and nikolaios was such a good love story.
and i expect manuel is going to kill half of the present character off, laugh then promptly die :rofl:

Servius Magnus said:
another gay relationship :eek: those are seriously one of the best parts of this aar

You know, something tells me that Rodrigo really doesn't swing that way. After all, why would the most prominent non-Greek character have the Greek condition?

Something tells me this is a different kind of connection. The quintessential long lost half-brother perhaps?

AlexanderPrimus said:
You know, something tells me that Rodrigo really doesn't swing that way. After all, why would the most prominent non-Greek character have the Greek condition?

Something tells me this is a different kind of connection. The quintessential long lost half-brother perhaps?
I'm willing to bet Rodrigo is the only person unafraid to punch a Norman Lord out for causing a ruckus at the docks, or nearby taverns.

Hahaha! This is turning into something like "The A-Team". I can hear the theme song in my head now! I guess Rodrigo would be Face and Serlo as Howling Mad Murdoc. Manuel as George Peppard? Hehe....

Anyway, it'd be fun if Manuel comes back to save their bacon. It'd be even great if he took over the purple again, finished Drogo off, purged the Empire of it's traitors and retired with a well deserved rest....

One can dream, heh.

B.A. Baracus, Murdock and Face...

We are officially entering into realms of silliness. :p No A-Team appearances... at least right now (sorry to shoot that idea down). I'll have replies and a status update ready for you all tomorrow. For right now, it's bedtime.... *zzzz*

Last edited:
Hey, I LIKE Mehtar, I'm just not rooting for him - a Mehtar win would screw over entirely too many characters I like equally well or better. And a Mehtar draw is, frankly, unlikely.

I'm still standing by the "Christina is Drogo's agent" hypothesis, though it being Byzantium, she probably has her own agenda too.

Also: one of Bill the Bastard's relatives is a major operative? Fantastic. Glad to see his line was not extinguished.

kalenderee - I'm going to plead the fifth on Christina as Drogo's operative. :D As for Lope, alot of his background will be explored in the next update, but yes - he has some relation to the BlackAdder line. :D When Richard of England died, the royal line of de Normandie came to an end, but there are NUMEROUS de Normandies running around Europe still...

AlexanderPrimus - Hmmm... I won't shoot down the half-brother possibility, but I'll tell you that considering they come from two different dynasties it'd require some fancy story-telling footwork on my part... then again, Rodrigo having siblings might be an interesting turn of events, especially if they have some of his traits! :D

Ksim3000 - Sadly, no, we won't have Manuel et al triggering huge explosions and flipping jeeps and then walking away from the wreckage with nary a scratch. Besides, following the A-Team would mean that Manuel captures his enemies unharmed after all sorts of violence, and leaving his enemies alive isn't Manuel's usual style...

Avalanchemike - True, though that begs the question of what the Hyperexarch was doing in a dockyard tavern? Oh, wait... I can actually imagine all sorts of reasons, most involving a female... :rofl:

And yes, Manuel does have heirs at this point three sons, Anteminos, Thomas and Gabriel (I believe), and at least one daughter. As for what will happen between Konstantinopolis and Spain, a military expedition by either party to take out the other would be ruinously expensive, but a war of assassins would definitely not be the way that Thomas would run a war - it's far too subtle. :) If its just an assassin's war, though, it seems some appropriate name...

Servius Magnus - I won't reveal too much on this possibility either, save to say that if Rodrigo indeed had a fling with another man, it'd go contrary to about thirty five years of established womanizing. :D It'd be a huge surprise and make Rodrigo especially vulnerable if it was that public... it'd be exactly the kind of information (ironically) that Mehtar et al might have used to cut the Hyperexarch down long ago... then again, it is Rodrigo, maybe he kept it a secret from such enemies...

... as for Manuel, the Manuel of old would have certainly gone on a killing spree. It remains to be seen if the present old, broken down Manuel can do the same (even if he talks the same).

VladAntlerkov - Now that'd be an impressive feat! Manuel pulling everyone's strings over thirty years out of power from exile. Now that I think about it, that'd be something Manuel would try to do...

VILenin - I take my reader's suspicions as a sign my characters are working. And I definitely mine some of the proposed plots, etc. for future reference! :) My personal assessment with Mehtar is like yours - a supremely gifted individual who is amazingly loyal. He's just stacked his loyalty with the biggest bully and monster that's sat on the Komnenid throne. Manuel's bloodlusts had a purpose, Thomas'... *shrug*

Qorten - Thank you for those kind words and your support!

The_Archduke - Alot of people have been assuming Christina is Drogo's agent, but you've introduced another potential wrinkle in this equation - what if Christina is her own woman, playing EVERYONE off everyone else? Then, Drogo's machinations, as well as Mehtar's, Rodrigo's and Thomas' (if he has any, really) are all thrown awry... Someone is definitely hiding something in Spain, though. The assassin was rather obvious...

asd21593 - I think that calls for a doomsday clock graphic. Its early in the morning though, so I haven't the time to set one up. Maybe later tonight. :D

TC Pilot - I was hoping someone would make a comment on that little easter egg! Hmm... maybe Manuel has a warehouse like that full of poisons...

Fulcrumvale - Rodrigo does seem to put a lot of trust in Agnes, but I never quite laid out her qualifications. Is he trusting her because she really is that smart, or because he likes looking at the contents of her blouse? If its the latter, it could easily be she's in someone's pay, or simply incompetent...

Enewald - The big reason for not going after Thomas is that the Emperor is likely going to be the best protected person alive in Europe! You could try, but you'd likely waste your assassins, and then definitely bring the full might of the Empire down on your head - not a good situation. That's not to say knocking off one of his friends might be any wiser, though...

Next update is scheduled right now for sometime this weekend, depending on when I get time to work on it. There might be an interim in the mix too, I'm not sure yet. A lot will depend on how much time I have available between now and then. For sure, however, there will be a cameo by the favorite character of many in AlexanderPrimus' Chronicles of the Golden Cross next week, however. :D

Well, you could kill him if you manage to make Mehtart think that he must be killed. Maybe Mehtar believes that he tries to get rid of him, or he has some other guy? :rofl:

Very tragedic. :D
And his wife could easily poison him and then marry Heraklios? :rolleyes:
Would be very logical. Or rule as an Empress!

How old is Manuel now btw? He must be the most ancient person living right now?:p

The_Archduke said:
Frederica is coming to Rome Arisen??? :eek:

And furthermore, Mehtar delenda est.

LOL

No, I mean everyone's favorite Rome AARisen character is making a cameo in Chronicles... sorry for not being specific.