• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
General_BT,

Well I thought it was about time I made a post after such a long time.
I would like to say that it is absolutely amazing that this AAR has finally come to an end!
Out of all the AARs out there, very, very few are if ever completed. Aside from Frogbeastegg's primarily narrative AAR, the only other narrative AAR based off a video game that has been completed was a story
about a Japanese destroyer set in the Pacific War on the Matrix Games forums. Like Rome AARisen, that also carried on right until the end. Like also with that AAR/Story, I really do feel like it is "the end of an era".

I first started reading this AAR back in December 2007 if I recall. I continued reading from there on out, following the adventures of the Komnenos Dynasty for the last 6 years now.
Throughout whatever events in my life, this AAR from the good times to the bad I could always return to. It feels amazing that the ride is finally over. I still need to fully read the last posts but I'm getting there.
Anyway its been a pleasure to follow this story and its amusing it coincided with the release of Crusader Kings II.

I hope to follow whatever future writings you produce and believe me my friend, this AAR has also been something of an inspiration to me also.
I am sure that one day, you will release a book!

Well better bring on Rome AsundAAR! :D

Hi everyone!

Thank you all for your continued reading, support, and kind comments! For those of you that don't know, I've started a part-history book/part gameplay AAR over on the Crusader Kings 2 forums. I was having a blast in my first run with the new game, and just had to write about it! I haven't forgotten about the maps for this one though! Once the new one is done (it won't be long... the AAR is at 1268 already, and in the game itself I'm in the 14th century), I'm going to focus hardcore on the final map updates for this one!

Thank you for your patience!

Great AAR, I regret not writing much, but excellent work, I joined the forum just for your work :rolleyes:

I'm making progress with the maps! Here's a teaser:

northerneurope1draft.jpg

RomeAARisennationsmini.jpg

Hi everyone!

Thanks to Taiisatai64's wonderful efforts, the world map for Rome AARisen in 1399 is complete! This map has all the major countries, be they independent or vassals... the only exception being one section of Germany where I simply couldn't remember where the minor principalities lay. There are many domains, such as the Western Empire, or the Kingdom of the Rus, that have a demense as well as numerous allies and vassals that complete their realm. I expect this setup will result in many exciting outcomes in EU3-great realms could solidify into powerful states, or could fracture into pieces. Over the course of the next week, I'll start posting the country descriptions for all of these nations, including starting EU3 monarch and dynasty, diplomatic status, as well as capital, etc.

The final maps will be larger and more detailed for each region.

Thank you everyone for your continued support!

Marvelous map!:)

Oh, how I long for more tales from this world...

A great map, I can't wait to hear about the world at large!

Mali's incredibly successful. Because of the map projection it looks merely a third of the size it is....and it has the jungles and the coast!

Nice to see definite progress!

I am just wondering, but if you end up creating the mod, would you have events/decisions/etc. for the unification of say France, or Germany that would be different than vanilla?

Question; why is the Kingdom of Bohemia in Finland?

IIRC, BT said that was a kingdom formed by some rogue adventurer and his band of mercenaries -- an explanation for one of the peculiarities of CK1.

Personally, I'd call it Neuböhmen (New Bohemia).