+ Reply to Thread
Page 351 of 354 FirstFirst ... 251 276 301 326 341 349 350 351 352 353 ... LastLast
Results 7,001 to 7,020 of 7073

Thread: Rome AARisen - a Byzantine AAR

Romanorum Imperator Augustus asd21593's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteVictoria: Revolutions

^ Yes indeed, and certainly one of the few reasons I'm still active on these forums.
    My AAR Library
    -not writing at the moment-

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    General_BT,

Well I thought it was about time I made a post after such a long time.
    I would like to say that it is absolutely amazing that this AAR has finally come to an end!
    Out of all the AARs out there, very, very few are if ever completed. Aside from Frogbeastegg's primarily narrative AAR, the only other narrative AAR based off a video game that has been completed was a story
    about a Japanese destroyer set in the Pacific War on the Matrix Games forums. Like Rome AARisen, that also carried on right until the end. Like also with that AAR/Story, I really do feel like it is "the end of an era".

I first started reading this AAR back in December 2007 if I recall. I continued reading from there on out, following the adventures of the Komnenos Dynasty for the last 6 years now.
    Throughout whatever events in my life, this AAR from the good times to the bad I could always return to. It feels amazing that the ride is finally over. I still need to fully read the last posts but I'm getting there.
    Anyway its been a pleasure to follow this story and its amusing it coincided with the release of Crusader Kings II.

I hope to follow whatever future writings you produce and believe me my friend, this AAR has also been something of an inspiration to me also.
    I am sure that one day, you will release a book!

Well better bring on Rome AsundAAR!

Blasted Conniving Roman General_BT's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Hi everyone!

Thank you all for your continued reading, support, and kind comments! For those of you that don't know, I've started a part-history book/part gameplay AAR over on the Crusader Kings 2 forums. I was having a blast in my first run with the new game, and just had to write about it! I haven't forgotten about the maps for this one though! Once the new one is done (it won't be long... the AAR is at 1268 already, and in the game itself I'm in the 14th century), I'm going to focus hardcore on the final map updates for this one!

Thank you for your patience!
    Awards
    My AARs:
    The Good One - Rome AARisen, a Byzantine AAR (Third map epilogue, 5-02-2012!)
    Table of Contents
    The Funny One (In Theory): Vikan Vojislavljevic is a Fool (Dead)
    The HOI2 One (Dead): Two Alexanders: Greece in the Age of Conflict (HOI2-Doomsday)
    The Teenage Girl One: Dear Diary, by Helene Palialogos (NEW UPDATE 06-10-10!)

Take your time and enjoy the new game! You deserve it! And your new AAR is more than making up for the maps for me

Since no one really has posted here since I would love to hear everyone's thought on the Emperors.

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron III500k club

Great AAR, I regret not writing much, but excellent work, I joined the forum just for your work
    How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is to have a thankless child - William Shakespeare

Amazing AAR once again. Gave me untold hours of joy reading your work.
    Tempus fugit et nos fugimus in illus.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight

Blog Entries
    I'm making progress with the maps! Here's a teaser:

Awards
    My AARs:
    Table of Contents
    The HOI2 One (Dead): Two Alexanders: Greece in the Age of Conflict (HOI2-Doomsday)

Interesting, very interesting!

Blog Entries

Hi everyone!

Thanks to Taiisatai64's wonderful efforts, the world map for Rome AARisen in 1399 is complete! This map has all the major countries, be they independent or vassals... the only exception being one section of Germany where I simply couldn't remember where the minor principalities lay. There are many domains, such as the Western Empire, or the Kingdom of the Rus, that have a demense as well as numerous allies and vassals that complete their realm. I expect this setup will result in many exciting outcomes in EU3-great realms could solidify into powerful states, or could fracture into pieces. Over the course of the next week, I'll start posting the country descriptions for all of these nations, including starting EU3 monarch and dynasty, diplomatic status, as well as capital, etc.

The final maps will be larger and more detailed for each region.

Thank you everyone for your continued support!
    Awards
    My AARs:
    Table of Contents

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Marvelous map!

Oh, how I long for more tales from this world...
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. -Isa 41:10

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. -John 3:16
    -------------------------------

My machine specs: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD6870 with 1 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit

Lady of the North Star Demi Moderator Saithis's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    A great map, I can't wait to hear about the world at large!
    Sai's Inkwell - Click here to see more of my writing!
    Ongoing AARs:
    Valour of the North Star - Chronicles of the Hvide Clan: CK2 Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Last Man and Shilling - Semper Fi HPP AustraliAAR: HOI3 SF HPP History-Book AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Blood and Gold - The Second Spanish Republic: HOI3 FTM HPP History-Book/Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 18th August 2012
    Kings of Qritani - A Tale of Picts and Celts: Rome Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 4th September, 2012
    Sai Plays Game of Thrones: Burning Down Westeros: CK2 AGOT Gameplay Video AAR, Last Updated: 6th September, 2012
    If I type in this elegant Red, I am speaking in an official capacity as an AARland Demi-Moderator.
    Forum Rules | AARland FAQ | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    Mali's incredibly successful. Because of the map projection it looks merely a third of the size it is....and it has the jungles and the coast!

Nice to see definite progress!
    The Russia Megacampaign - See my other work at my Inkwell

A YeAAR's Education - Rurikovich in Crusader Kings 1066-1393

From Rus to Russia - Kiev in EU3 1393-1836 - Get the Loading Screen Pack - Weekly Showcased AAR, 6/6/09 and 7/7/10 - WritAAr of the Week, 27/7/10 - Ambitions are denied and tasks appointed - Check out the first installment of the Medieval Atlas!

Duke of Bonbon, and also Chevalier Grand Croix of the Ordre Militaire du Saint Christophe.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by General_BT View Post
    The final maps will be larger and more detailed for each region.
    I'll be happy to assist once again.

Question; why is the Kingdom of Bohemia in Finland?

Also, congratulations; http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post13622157
    Last edited by Taiisatai64; 25-03-2012 at 10:16.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2500k club

Blog Entries
    I am just wondering, but if you end up creating the mod, would you have events/decisions/etc. for the unification of say France, or Germany that would be different than vanilla?
    You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word - Al Capone

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum (If you want peace, prepare for war) - Pvblivs Flavivs Vegetivs Renatvs

Stopping the 40 day plan: A French 1914 AAR Completed
    pAARallel Universes: A Germany 1936 Grand Campaign Abandoned
    • Cookie from DoomBunny for recognizing Dr. Strangelove references

Honourable Saxon Thegn AlexanderPrimus's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Rome

Quote Originally Posted by Taiisatai64 View Post
    Question; why is the Kingdom of Bohemia in Finland?
    IIRC, BT said that was a kingdom formed by some rogue adventurer and his band of mercenaries -- an explanation for one of the peculiarities of CK1.

Personally, I'd call it Neuböhmen (New Bohemia).

Slacker Extraordinaire Zzzzz...'s Avatar
    67 games registered

If the place is comfy to sleep in, yes, you can find me there!
    Is there any references of this weird-Bohemia in the AAR?
    The list of all my AARs: INKWELL

Current AAR: Golden Sun - A KR Kurdistan AAR - Darkest Hour
    The Policies of Grandeur - Coming Soon!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 351 of 354 FirstFirst ... 251 276 301 326 341 349 350 351 352 353 ... LastLast