+ Reply to Thread
Page 328 of 354 FirstFirst ... 228 253 278 303 318 326 327 328 329 330 338 353 ... LastLast
Results 6,541 to 6,560 of 7073

Thread: Rome AARisen - a Byzantine AAR

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

Blog Entries
    It's an offer he can't refuse. It's also and offer that will cost him more dearly than he can imagine, I'm sure. Very good work by the emperor.
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. -Isa 41:10

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. -John 3:16
    -------------------------------

My machine specs: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD6870 with 1 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit

How in the seven hells wasn't this emperor able to save the Empire?

Seriously.

Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

Blog Entries
    It doesn't matter how brilliant and promising you are, if say a rock hits you in the head tomorrow.

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. -John 3:16

My machine specs: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD6870 with 1 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit

Crazy Cat Person. Meow! Moderator Qorten's Avatar
    61 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    DungeonlandElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind
    For The GloryGettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Teleglitch: Die More EditionWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Wow, great manipulation there by Andronikos! Excellent chapter BT.

When I use this color I am speaking as a Moderator.

...wow. This is probably up there, with Thomas III's final chapter, in rankings of pure awesomeness. I can't believe he solved the biggest threat to Roman integrity in the East whilst being on pot

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

If they aren't mad, they get high

Very amusing read, this chapter. Truly brilliant.

Crusader Kings IISengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Why do you always say Vice Gerent of Christ, not Vice Regent?

Oh, and that was incredible!
    My current AAR, A Welshman's Quest for Doritos. Fetch the doritos, and settle down to wathc my comedy of errors! On hiatus at the moment.

The President's 1836-1936: Potentially with more zombies.

John Sharp, Federal senator for Indiana in The Presidents, born 1882.
    Formerly Eldud Walsh, former President in The Presidents. Then George Walsh, Democratic Senator for Virginia.

FNT Candidate for President David Bevan, born 1857 in the Shadow of the Andes. Come and join the fun!

Blog Entries
    It should be in one word it seems, but it is correct: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicegerent

The Byzantine Emperors held as a title "God's Vicegerent on Earth".

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by WelshDude View Post
    Why do you always say Vice Gerent of Christ, not Vice Regent?

Oh, and that was incredible!
    The root of "Gerent" is gerere which means to carry s.th. on, to continue something. It's similar to "Agent". He continues Christ's work on earth.

Anyways what a great update!! Romans, they find a way to corrupt even the incorruptible.

Although I'm sure the theological debate between Hinnawi and Taymiyyah will be remembered as much, if not more, than Andronikos' sly manipulation. BT didn't mention anyone making a protocol of the debate, but I'm sure there were clerics around who took notes and will publish them

After all this is likely going to be the only direct encounter of Taymiyyah and a leading Aionite scholar, isn't it?

Then who's the full Gerent? The Partriarch?
    My current AAR, A Welshman's Quest for Doritos. Fetch the doritos, and settle down to wathc my comedy of errors! On hiatus at the moment.

Formerly Eldud Walsh, former President in The Presidents. Then George Walsh, Democratic Senator for Virginia.

FNT Candidate for President David Bevan, born 1857 in the Shadow of the Andes. Come and join the fun!

Blog Entries
    Christ of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolai View Post
    Christ of course.
    Sorry, thought I hadn't posted that, otherwise I would have deleted it after actually reading the wiki article. Good joke though

That was just plain BRILLIANT!!!

Slacker Extraordinaire Zzzzz...'s Avatar
    67 games registered

If the place is comfy to sleep in, yes, you can find me there!
    What I still don't get is how will he pervert the Taymiyyite ideals by giving them the Levant?
    The list of all my AARs: INKWELL

Current AAR: Golden Sun - A KR Kurdistan AAR - Darkest Hour
    The Policies of Grandeur - Coming Soon!

Blog Entries
    Making a deal with the Roman devils will give huge dissent, becoming a part of the Roman army even more so. The Levant was lost to Rome anyway, the cost for taking on the Tamyyites AND Persia would be huge. And for the ones not turned away from the deal with Rome, having a safe haven in the Levant means lots of goodwill and Rome has a valuable ally against Persian aggression instead of two enemies.

So a WIN-WIN, as long as everything goes as planned...

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

Blog Entries
    BT, I know that you likely have no idea, but do you have a guess as to how many updates are left until the conclusion of this wonderful AAR and the start of part 2?

Just curious.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum (If you want peace, prepare for war) - Pvblivs Flavivs Vegetivs Renatvs

Stopping the 40 day plan: A French 1914 AAR Completed
    pAARallel Universes: A Germany 1936 Grand Campaign Abandoned

WW Big Wins: LXV, LXXI, CXXVII, CXXIX, CXXX, CXXXI, CXXXII
    WW Lite Wins: XCVII (sub win), CXIX, CXXI, CXXVII, CXXXVI, CCVIII, CCXXXVIII

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIRome GoldVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Andronikos scares me. He is so brillent but at the same time completly mad. He might be a genius, but just reading that the thing I noticed the most was how crazy he is. Also what does"Ararat" mean?

EDIT: Oh and that complete disregard for the church will bite him in the ass some day. From now on he is relying on only the army and the nobles to keep him in power; one of which is likely to buck him at the closest opertunity.
    Last edited by wolfcity; 25-09-2011 at 06:21.
    Colonel Quantrill in the Presidents (and Proud Founder of Adolf Hitler was an Idiot club )

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan07 View Post
    ...but I'm sure there were clerics around who took notes and will publish them
    "...it has been mentioned, numerous times throughout more religion-focused chapters of 'Romanion: From Samarkand to the Pillars' and 'The Rise and Fall of the Komnenid States', that the meeting between Taymiyya and Hinnawi could probably be considered the most interesting religious debate of the 14th century. The Amir of the upstart Muslims had arrived to the tent of Emperor Andronikos II to discuss a peace between their forces, but the wise Emperor had cunningly placed his Aionite adviser there, to test just how witty and intelligent Taymiyya was. Once he had heard enough of their verbal combat, he offered his enemy the peace he intended to all along, with all the repercussions that decision would bring later. Of course, almost every Eastern historian knows of the medieval legend that the Emperor of the Known World had, actually, no plan all along, and was in actuality 'high out of his friggin' mind' from substantial cannabis usage, but those reports are considered unproven at best, and simply untruthful at worst, by most prestigious scholars of the subject..."

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2

tee hee hee

Yes just like that

Although later historians would probably focus on the theological debate, rather than the meeting with the emperor. Just like the meeting between Martin Luther and emperor Charles II at Worms in 1521 is mostly remembered for what Luther said, not for the political stuff. To us, Luther is the main protagonist of the event, to people at the time, though, it would be the emperor.

200k clubEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

That was awesome. Cannabis are good for you, it's true.

But now I'm at a loss. I've got Persians and Andronikos who I've started to like. Who to cheer on?!
    Brittania: A Saga of Albion - Hiatus
    AwAARds
    WritAAR of the Week 11/23/09
    Character WritAAR of the Week 03/08/10
    Showcased 24/04/2010
    Favourite CK History Book AAR 07/06/2010 and 01/02/2011

+ Reply to Thread