• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
He'd make an excellent Emperor: unwilling yet dutiful, intelligent and skilled with the sword. Only he needs a good spymaster, and to escape the schemes of his mother. Still, I have hopes for Andronikos, as long as the daggers don't reach him first.

Two thoughts when reading:

When I read "Manuel" and "wine", I expected someone to die a horrible death.

Andronikos II sounds like a nice human being, wise beyond his years. Unfortunately, he's right that he'll not be a good emperor, as long as he keeps being such a nice human being.

Wow I went into this post not really caring about Andronikos II, but now he's my favorite! He's as Nikolai said he is wise beyond his years, and too much of a nice humen being to be a good emperor. As for the others Alexandros was an idiot, Manuel isn't as sycopathic as his name sake, and Leo prancing around in Sicily doing nothing. :(

Oh dear.

Is it Andronikos II already?

If I remember correctly he was the one who refused to aid empress Eirene in that persian interim far back.

The End of All Things really is coming

Where was that post? I looked for it but could not find it.

From the interim post mention above I"d say Andronikos II will, however unwilling, manage the politicking to high enough degree to rule the Empire efficiently for some time. He seems like a really nice person right now.

Ah, Andronikos II. The one mentioned earlier as the worst ever emperor, if I remember correctly...

No, he was mentioned as a tyrrannical emperor, the worst emperor ever was Anastasios II(or, as it was said, inept), under which the empire collapsed. Or, at least that is what Andronikos II and Anastasios II was called in the excerpt we got in this post.

I guess my idea of Andronikos II at the head of a Sortmark Army isn't as far fetched as I thought earlier... though still Go Theodoros finish of Harold Godwinson, and declare yourself King of Africa, then you can spend your days fighting Mali Spain and Egypt! Also Demetrios & Leo dont seem that bright they should know by now no one ever wins a civil war from southern Italy... Actually how many pretenders have there been from there by now? like 6 or 7?

Nothing to be sorry for.:)

Bran for Emporor!

But is this the foretold Andronikos II, overseer of Rome's demise?

But is this the foretold Andronikos II, overseer of Rome's demise?

Looks like you didn't see the five or six posts immediately prior to yours. The "overseer of Rome's demise" is Anastasios.