• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's a trick! Alexandros is crossing to the south and the calvery was a diversion! Alexandros will kill them all move on to Constantinople, Von Frankon is secretly in leauge with the Italions and will soon become king of Italy, and Theodoros will conquor North Africa, Spain, and Egypt with his mighty army! :)

I actually said "o shit" when I saw the new banner for this chapter.

It's not the first we've seen of it.

It also suggests Alexandros will be thwarted, otherwise it wouldn't be called the Great Civil War.

It's not the first we've seen of it.

It also suggests Alexandros will be thwarted, otherwise it wouldn't be called the Great Civil War.

BT mentioned a few moths ago that Alexandros would reach Konstantinopolis but wouldn't be able to hold it or something along those lines.

It was a great read, loved it!

Why does everyone love Alexandros so much? He beat a bunch of overrated barbarians who had never managed to stand up to Romanion (Germany). Nikolaios humbled the Capets. The French had been the most dangerous foe in history (except for the Mongols of course). It sucks that he has leprosy, but I am firmly in Nikolaios's camp.

Why does everyone love Alexandros so much? He beat a bunch of overrated barbarians who had never managed to stand up to Romanion (Germany). Nikolaios humbled the Capets. The French had been the most dangerous foe in history (except for the Mongols of course). It sucks that he has leprosy, but I am firmly in Nikolaios's camp.

Sorry to break it to you, but Nikolaios has been dead for, what, a century? Two?;)

I think he refers to Nikephoros, the only true Megas Komnenos.

Ah! Some good old Civil War, time for some anarchy! The cards have been dealt, only now I wonder: Who is the joker?

Atleast i'm firmly in Manuel's camp, not just because he's the namesake of Emperor Manuel but also because he's bald and ofcourse because he's the leader of some crack troop psycho's.

And now I will just sit right back, and see who will become the pr.. "emperor of Romanion."

Wow, BT. Two updates at once. You're already pretty fast at posting updates, but two at once is pretty darned fast, even for the likes of you. It's even more impressive when said updates are of such high quality.

Also, I'm very glad everybody liked the conclusion of the Scottish trilogy. I felt poor Antemios needed a happy ending after all the troubles he'd been through. He has now joined the very small club of Byzantine-Characters-From-This-AAR-Who-Haven't-Died-Tragic-Or-Meaningless-Deaths. ;)

Wow, BT. Two updates at once. You're already pretty fast at posting updates, but two at once is pretty darned fast, even for the likes of you. It's even more impressive when said updates are of such high quality.

Also, I'm very glad everybody liked the conclusion of the Scottish trilogy. I felt poor Antemios needed a happy ending after all the troubles he'd been through. He has now joined the very small club of Byzantine-Characters-From-This-AAR-Who-Haven't-Died-Tragic-Or-Meaningless-Deaths. ;)

Amen to that :) the club is very exclusive lets see Demetrios, Basil, Alexios, umm... thats about it right :p.

Most people would be in Nikephoros camp, but he has leporsy so he will die, and Alexandros is Persion, and Alexandros has a shiny purple cape :cool:.

Amen to that :) the club is very exclusive lets see Demetrios, Basil, Alexios, umm... thats about it right :p.

Basil's not a member of the club. He died a tragic death from leukemia. It was doubly tragic given the last thing he heard was his dear son Thomas cursing him and telling him to "rot."

It's been so long that I don't remember the details of Demetrios' death. And I also don't recall if BT gave us the particulars of Alexios' passing. :)

BT mentioned a few moths ago that Alexandros would reach Konstantinopolis but wouldn't be able to hold it or something along those lines.

It was a great read, loved it!

Do you have a link?

I agree, it's not as if he's only three martial below Basil.

3 martial lower, 1 zillion honor lower, -50 wants to do what's best for Romanion lower... I could go on. Alexandros isn't even close to Basil Megaloprepis, the greatest Emperor of Romanion ever.

I'm with Manuel, obviously. Not only is he very capable, but will also probably earn the "Bastard" sobriquet in more ways than simply through birth, much like a certain king of England.

I just realised, I can't find Gabriel's stats anywhere... Do you still have them, BT?

I'm with Manuel, obviously. Not only is he very capable, but will also probably earn the "Bastard" sobriquet in more ways than simply through birth, much like a certain king of England.
Ditto! He will do it the hard way because he is hardcore! :D