• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Rargh.

Gabriel. Epic Fail.

United Empire..yeah. Sounds good. But I don't think the West and East will really work well together.

Ariq Boke and Japan. He'd better hope for good weather :D

Our long national nightmare is finally over. Nikephorus has returned to Konstantinopolis to his rightful seat. David's line has returned. The foul treason of Mehtar Lainez has at long last been undone. :D

I'm surprised the Anatolians let a cultural Arab (Seyfullah Komnenos) become Emperor instead of a true Roman.

IIRC, BT has specified that Nikk/Sefy is culturally "Andalusi," that intriguing new mix of Roman and Moorish culture that he's come up with.

Altani has a surprisingly large realm under the hooves of her horse, so long as she can keep the Khagan in that golden cage. But it looks like it will be trouble, if the boy is already keen enough to realize he has to get out of the palace even as early as 3 years old!

Similarly, with Gabriel's name being sullied (- But oh! How happy him and Frederica are together!), and Nikephoros' ascension to the combined crown, Persia is in much the same boat as its Mongol neighbor - In need of time to consolidate their realms, and fortunately, most of their major enemies seem too otherwise distracted to do anything about it.

Dare I say that we might see an era of peace?

.... Nonsense, that wouldn't be Roman at all. All that peace means is that the violence happens on a smaller scale!

Haha. :D

I am sure Albrecht might accidentally end up with having a kid with Anastasia... :rolleyes:

The Empires greatest enemies lie now within the Empire.

What of Levant, Egypt and Arabia?
Completely backwater?
Nothing important? :p

Rargh.

Gabriel. Epic Fail.

I must agree with you. He's gone to far.

But Nikephoros is ruling the empire, so all is good! And why is it that whenever I hear spaniard in your AAR I imagine this? -
prince-of-persia-20080527114820938_640w.jpg

Whenever I think of Nikephoros I see the Prince of Persia. How odd. And I'm kinda worried that if Nikky moves to the Queen of all cities, the spaniard culture in the royal line might die out... :(

And W000T at the fall of Constantinopolis.

Albrecht and Nikki FTW :D. At least the empire has a chance with people actually interested in ruling on the throne. Gabriel can have Persia, shortens the lines for the Empire and will keep him busy with something else than plotting revenge.

And Constantinople will get sacked!!! Always the teasers BT.

Albrecht's a dirty old man, who'd have guessed:eek:, I dont buy the whole "Im so old and tired" routine from HIM though, he's bound to be up to something sneaky. I'm a bit disappointed in Gabriel, I really thought he had beter self-control than that! On the subject of Gabriel and Frederica; doesn't them being in-laws make this incest under church law?

Albrecht's a dirty old man, who'd have guessed:eek:, I dont buy the whole "Im so old and tired" routine from HIM though, he's bound to be up to something sneaky. I'm a bit disappointed in Gabriel, I really thought he had beter self-control than that! On the subject of Gabriel and Frederica; doesn't them being in-laws make this incest under church law?
No. There is no blood relationship between them. But HE IS sleeping with her out of wedlock, and SHE is cheating on her husband (who is the brother of the man she is having an affair with), which is even worse. And knowing those two they are more often than not, not alone in the bed.
It could only get worse if he started publicly sacrificing children to Satan publicly, as far as Church is concerned.

I can honestly see Nikephoros (son of Gabriel) kneeling to Nikephoros (the Spaniard) when Gabriel tries to fight the now-united Empire, or at the very least not supporting his father's ambitions to be sole Emperor. He's far too dour and realistic to think that a war would end in anything other than a defeat at this point--he'll probably either sit the war out or actively seek out a vassal-king arrangement with the Nikephoros (the Spaniard). Or who knows, Gabriel could have a heart attack in bed with his brother's wife and leave his son to deal with the mess that he's left over. That would certainly be a suitable ending...

BTW, what happened to the remnant-Turks after the end of the Eternal War--were they resettled somewhere?

Pleased to see the evolution of the Nestorian state in Central Asia. :)

A united Empire is good, hopefully Iraq and Persia remain permanently split from the Empire as a Roman March against the East - it is for the best.

Also, if Constantinople fall I will be very angry :mad:. No to 1204!

I can honestly see Nikephoros (son of Gabriel) kneeling to Nikephoros (the Spaniard) when Gabriel tries to fight the now-united Empire, or at the very least not supporting his father's ambitions to be sole Emperor. He's far too dour and realistic to think that a war would end in anything other than a defeat at this point--he'll probably either sit the war out or actively seek out a vassal-king arrangement with the Nikephoros (the Spaniard). Or who knows, Gabriel could have a heart attack in bed with his brother's wife and leave his son to deal with the mess that he's left over. That would certainly be a suitable ending...

BTW, what happened to the remnant-Turks after the end of the Eternal War--were they resettled somewhere?

Turks, you can see on map. They are in Eastern Iran

By the way, why is it called the Eternal War? Wasn't it only about 15 years, long by any means, but not at all "eternal."

My prediction.
Nikephoros gives Gabriel a curbstomping, but because he cant conceive a son with his wife he adopts Alexandros.

...And then Alexandros will die of a common cold at age 11 and all hell will break loose. :eek:

By the way, why is it called the Eternal War? Wasn't it only about 15 years, long by any means, but not at all "eternal."

Consider that the life expetancy at that time was CONSIDERABLY lower. So for the people who spent most of their adult life fighting in it it WAS a Eternal war.
And also consider, that for common people, by the 15th year, there still was no end in sight.

...And then Alexandros will die of a common cold at age 11 and all hell will break loose.
More likely he will shatter our expectations and be a complete idiot.

No. There is no blood relationship between them. But HE IS sleeping with her out of wedlock, and SHE is cheating on her husband (who is the brother of the man she is having an affair with), which is even worse. And knowing those two they are more often than not, not alone in the bed.
It could only get worse if he started publicly sacrificing children to Satan publicly, as far as Church is concerned.

I know there's no blood relationship between them in the modern sense, but I wonder if church law dosn't equate Gabriel and Frederica's relationship with incest. I know for a fact that a man marrying his dead wife's sister is illegal under canon law, so I think what they are doing is propperly illegal too. And church law during the middle ages was nothing to be ignored, at the very least the Patriarch could exclude Gabriel from church service until he did penance.