• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Gaabriel doesn't seem to have emerged from his decade or so of warfare much wiser than he went into it. In battle situations, he's excellent...but otherwise, his petulance seems to take over. Using Altani to kill the King of Mesopotamia was a mistake: it assures his father's place in von Franken's camp, ensures that Alexios' widow will at least try to avenge him, and leaves Altani on the loose to do God-knows-what in the Mongol Empire.

I doubt that Gabriel's sheer military might will allow him to defeat von Franken et al.

Gabriel = MacBeth

He shall be defeated by his ambition and go mad. You'll see.

I'm wondering what's going to happen with the Mongols in Persia. Sending them back into the Mongol realms with Roman backing seems counter productive when all the Romans want is peace. Mabye give them backing for an expedition into India? Then they could set up the a Nestorian state on the Ganges. :D

Poor Alexios...we just barely knew you! Way to go BT...you would go all GRRM on our favorite characters. ;) jk. Excellent update as usual, but let me be the first to say, All Hail Andronikos I, Rigas ton Mesopotamion!

Cheers,
~Hawk

Noooooooo not Alexios!!! :eek:o The only half decent Roman ruler since Basileos Megaloprepis!

His son will avenge the father without a doubt. :mad:

And that b*tch Altani deserves to die. Drawn and quartered in the best Mongol fashion.

Oh come on, no one here sees the potential for a Fredrica-Gabriel "gilded age" where the territories are prosperous, but the capital is plagued by increasing paranoia as the Emperor and Empress let their every whim run wild, like Tiberius at Capri?

Oh come on, no one here sees the potential for a Fredrica-Gabriel "gilded age" where the territories are prosperous, but the capital is plagued by increasing paranoia as the Emperor and Empress let their every whim run wild, like Tiberius at Capri?

No because Frederica is married to Thomas. And if GeneralBT hurts my precious Thomas... after what he did to Alexios I might just have to destroy him. And besides, Gabriel is kind of a douche.

sounds perfectly realistic - a la Procopius :)

Good update BT! Wow, I am surprised Alexios is gone already! I expected him to be "in the game", so to speak, a lil' bit longer. Still, Altani killing him so soon is a nice twist....

As for Gabriel, well, I definitely agree. It sounds like a Macbeth story. Then again, I always thought Gabriel was a pompous ass in the first place.

Surprisingly, he reminds me quite a bit of his Grandfather, Thomas I. He, too, believed in "one Emperor" and a "United Romanion". I don't think Gabriel will go as crazy as Thomas but still, I think he'll go insane somehow. Remember the voice in his head! He has one too!

Now as for Thomas III, I also feel he's another one thats gonna go bat s*it insane also. It'll be nice to give us an update on Thomas - we've not really seen him for a while. He's no Gabriel, mind, but I never thought he was one to be in the background like his father either....

Still, it'll be interesting to see what how young Andronikos feels about the Thomasine line should he discover Gabriel was involved. Either way, we could have a very, very angry young man should he survive infancy and reach adult hood.

Keep up the updates! Nice chapter indexes btw. I liked them.

hmm... let's count how many crazies we've seen

1.) Thomas I
2.) Thomas II (a half orange!!)
3.) Thomas III

hmm... is there a pattern?

;)

P.S: I'm still upset about Alexios!! :(

Didn't BT say somewhere a million posts ago, when Thomas I flung the Pope off a balcony, that the Pope's German bodyguard had cursed every Thomas of his line to madness?

Didn't BT say somewhere a million posts ago, when Thomas I flung the Pope off a balcony, that the Pope's German bodyguard had cursed every Thomas of his line to madness?

I think the Pope Himself cursed every Roman Emperor named Thomas or offspring of Thomas I into madness and failure and damnation and etc. :p

I think the Pope Himself cursed every Roman Emperor named Thomas or offspring of Thomas I into madness and failure and damnation and etc. :p

Personally I'm more afraid of The German Who Wouldn't Die than a man who chooses the wrong time to do his Emperor Palpatine impression.