• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Some things have bugged me for the last few days, the names of this tale is many, but I remembered a spoiler long back. Did a search inside the thread, and found out that there are indeed some interesting things to be found on page 84... A teaser from 100 years in the future, with many small dips back towards where we are now...

Sorry if my drool is disturbing you.;)

Some things have bugged me for the last few days, the names of this tale is many, but I remembered a spoiler long back. Did a search inside the thread, and found out that there are indeed some interesting things to be found on page 84... A teaser from 100 years in the future, with many small dips back towards where we are now... ..
Sorry if my drool is disturbing you.;)

That update is 1.5 years old! :eek:
Is this AAR really that old??? :rofl:

It is still a century before Timur shall be born. :D
A hundred years of war in Persia?
Or 200? :D

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(is that enough "!" marks?)
i don't know which one was more amazing...this update or that spoiler on page 84

all I can say is MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That update is 1.5 years old! :eek:
Is this AAR really that old??? :rofl:

It is still a century before Timur shall be born. :D
A hundred years of war in Persia?
Or 200? :D

The first post was 23-08-2007, 23:47.

Ahhh, so that emperor pictured in the children of dune picture/spoiler is either alexandros II megas or andronikos? and it takes place in the kosmodian palace?

also, why is it called the kosmodian palace?

You literally posted within about five seconds of me. That was sick.

But, on topic, I wonder how the Emperors will be deposed, if at all? I mean, it is not an easy task to depose one Emperor, let alone all three... In fact, it's such a task, nobody has yet succeeded at it. And there were much more prepared forces against the Emperors than anything Mesopotamia can muster. It'll be interesting.

You literally posted within about five seconds of me. That was sick.

But, on topic, I wonder how the Emperors will be deposed, if at all? I mean, it is not an easy task to depose one Emperor, let alone all three... In fact, it's such a task, nobody has yet succeeded at it. And there were much more prepared forces against the Emperors than anything Mesopotamia can muster. It'll be interesting.

That's why you inherit thrones, not conquer. :p

Hey everyone!

Next update is maybe 20% done... went out of town yesterday, then got distracted by planning a future interim for this AAR (one from WAY down the line). However, I'll be working at it again later today and tomorrow, might be up Saturday possibly.

Hawkeye1489 – Thank you for the vote of confidence, and I hope what happens meets your expectations! And yes, Andronikos has a brilliant future ahead of him—but will he prove himself worthy of such potential power? (Let alone, will his heirs be able to handle it, if it comes his way?)

Sudaxe – Thank you also for the kind words! Some of them are still lurking around, and at least one has PMed me saying as much. I’m glad to know the old guard is still there, so to speak. :)

AlexanderPrimus – As I told RGB via IM, I found that picture and it clicked—it looked suitably gothic to the point of ridiculousness that I knew Thomas would insist that it be built!

Enewald – Inheriting is usually a less messy way of passing the throne down, of course! And yes, this AAR is quite old… two and a half years, to be precise.

“Albrecht isn’t evil, he’s just Roman.”

Love the quote. It’s going to get paraphrased at some point in the future in this AAR! :)

Kirsch27 – Thomas III would be the easiest to depose, considering he wields little real power anyway. As for Emperors delivering sermons, it’s not unprecedented. Several Byzantine Emperors played with theology as a pastime and went up to the pulpit. None of them were as serious about it (and as mad about it) as Thomas is…

Servius Magnus – Haven’t said if the Children of Dune Emperor pic is either of them, or if it takes place in the Kosmodion Palace. ;) It’s named that, btw, because of its location—over what was previously the Kosmodion suburb just outside the original Theodosian Walls, not that far from the Blacharnae complex…

Vesimir – Alexandros II Megas has quite a few surprises in store for people. But nowhere have I said what he rules, specifically. ;) There will be several future rulers you will probably like, if the traits you listed are ones you want to see wrapped up into one person. :)

As for the palace, it’s drawn by an anime artist, but I don’t know the anime for sure.

armoristan – And things start to come together. :D

Leviathan07 – You and dear old Thomas, I think. So far the general opinion seems more inclined against the new palace…Personally, I think it looks rather hideous, but it screamed Thomas would pick this one! so it’s the pic I went with. :)

Nikolai – Drool over which part of the spoiler exactly? Eirene? Alexandros II Megas? The Persian monarchy in general?

asd21593 – Andronikos taking over as a toddler would spell disaster for Albrecht’s plans….especially considering both Thomas III and Gabriel both have a legitimate heir of their own (Thomas III has young Thomas by his brief time with Frederica… this newest Thomas is currently 7. Gabriel has Nikephoros, 15, and Alexandros, 13…)

Scotticus – The chance is still there, its just moved to the realm of ‘not likely.’ Arnaud Capet has a rather widespread family, two brothers with broods, then his own, all of whom would come before Alexios’ line. Can’t say it wouldn’t happen, but it’d take A LOT of people dying conveniently in a short period of time for it to happen…

Nehekara – Nikephoros has two saving graces htat would help him avoid the grisly fate of Rodrigo… he’s a legitimate Emperor, with far more developed means of protecting himself from assassins, and two, without the support of key people like Louis Salah, there’s no way a toddler Andronikos could rule Spain from Konstantinopolis….

Tommy4ever – Just started? The rot’s been going on for over 50 years at this point. Territorially the Empire has grown, but the strength of the central government is weaker than ever, with strongmen routinely interfering in politics. Romanion has all the trappings of great power and glory, but all those banners hang from rotted timbers that could break easily under the weight…

RGB – I’ve got to agree. Next to the Hagia Sophia or the Hippodrome, Thomas’ plans look downright monstrous…

Fulcrumvale – Albrecht definitely has a great deal of cajones if he thinks he can knock off three emperors to get his plan done. Thomas III would be easy to replace, but Gabriel would be harder, and Nikephoros would be amazingly difficult. Keep in mind that Albrecht has a timer going as well, if setting up Andronikos is his goal. Both Thomas and Gabriel have their own legitimate heirs, and while Thomas’ son of the same name is only 7, Gabriel’s eldest son is only 1 year removed from maturity…

FlyingDutchie – Nope, not the Milanese Cathedral. However, its something that is likely inspired by it…

Siind – Is he really doing what’s best for the Empire, or is it more he sees an opportunity to do what’s best for Albrecht? :D

Last edited: