+ Reply to Thread
Page 180 of 354 FirstFirst ... 80 105 130 155 170 178 179 180 181 182 190 205 230 255 280 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,600 of 7073

Thread: Rome AARisen - a Byzantine AAR

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by General_BT View Post
    [b]

The next update has not yet been started. Oblivion and work have jointly conspired to rob me of writing time (Work is a good thing, Oblivion you can blame my boyfriend for getting me an Xbox260 ) However, I plan on getting a framework done on it later today, and possibly a posted update as soon as Thursday. We'll have to see!
    Good choice of game, I dare say! But if you want a REAL time suck play Dragon Age, I've spent 20 hours on that thing and am only 20 percent through!!!

200k clubEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

[Geek mode] Oblivion is a great game. Lots of possibilities to roleplay. Hell, it's the only game I played in which I could roleplay my character as a hunter and that's something. However Oblivion on PC > Oblivion on Xbox. For Xbox RPGs I can recomend Mass Effect. It was made for Xbox, there are two parts. You can import the character from the first one to the second with the choices you've made during the first having effect in the second. And lots of other great things. [/Geek mode]

Give us an update!
    Brittania: A Saga of Albion - Hiatus
    AwAARds
    WritAAR of the Week 11/23/09
    Character WritAAR of the Week 03/08/10
    Showcased 24/04/2010
    Favourite CK History Book AAR 07/06/2010 and 01/02/2011

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    Oblivion was kinda cool but the constant need to regulate your weight allowance was frustrating esp. on console (diehard PC gamer here). I WANT to carry 20 rat meat and 15 skulls around, dammit.

Dragon Age - it took me two weekends of nonstop play plus some other time snatched here and there during the week to get through that one.
    The Russia Megacampaign - See my other work at my Inkwell

A YeAAR's Education - Rurikovich in Crusader Kings 1066-1393

From Rus to Russia - Kiev in EU3 1393-1836 - Get the Loading Screen Pack - Weekly Showcased AAR, 6/6/09 and 7/7/10 - WritAAr of the Week, 27/7/10 - Ambitions are denied and tasks appointed - Check out the first installment of the Medieval Atlas!

Duke of Bonbon, and also Chevalier Grand Croix of the Ordre Militaire du Saint Christophe.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia
    EU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    What were you doing carrying skulls?!
    Faith in Humanity Meter - ||||||||||
    The Ink Well

Let's Play M&B Warband 1257AD!

Quote Originally Posted by English Patriot View Post
    What were you doing carrying skulls?!

Every adventurer needs some skulls in his inventory. Duh.
    AwAARds
    Showcased 24/04/2010

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia
    EU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vesimir View Post

Every adventurer needs some skulls in his inventory. Duh.
    I travel light!
    Faith in Humanity Meter - ||||||||||
    The Ink Well

Let's Play M&B Warband 1257AD!

Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

With Mighty Magick Reborn, you don't have to worry about that because you get feather spells that actually reduce a decent amount of weight. (Master level reduces 1000 I believe, First level reduces around 150.)
    I prefer Morrowind to Oblivion though, unless I'm just in the mood to run around in a meadow. Then Oblivion's graphics are nice. Modded graphics on Morrowind aren't bad at all though, but I have trouble using moving grass with the Graphics Extender, it makes my screen go black and have a meltdown.
    Anyways, I'm eager to hear about Thomas, or maybe another mongol dialogue. Those are fun.

First Lieutenant
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Dragon Age +2

So, I finally got time to resume reading your magnificent, epic AAR. I am still more than 30 pages behind (just started reading page 157), and I don't regret it - it gives me certainty that there are lots of great updates that will keep me busy for a long time (I am reading 2-3 updates a day).

I just noticed the teaser with the two pictures taken from 'Children of Dune' miniseries, so you've perhaps taken my suggestion (even some musical themes were taken from it, right?) Somehow I've always associated it with this AAR, don't know why - the images of the imperial glamour, the intrigue... it somehow feels similar

BTW, I hope you include some of the more advanced mods into your own Rome AARisen EU3 modification. Dei Gratia (in depth religions) for instance would fit great. Regardless, I am looking forward for that too, if you plan on releasing it
    HoI2, mod 1914 -- Could Schlieffen Plan have led to a German victory in the Great War? Find out in this AAR! -- Completed

"Superior training and superior weaponry have, when taken together, a geometric effect on overall military strength. Well-trained, well-equipped troops can stand up to many more times their lesser brethren than linear arithmetic would seem to indicate." - Spartan Battle Manual

Mount & Blade> Everything
    I am the King of Rome, and above grammar.

-Emperor Sigismund I

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Servius Magnus View Post
    Mount & Blade> Everything
    I recommend Russia-13th Century. Awesome mod.
    The Russia Megacampaign - See my other work at my Inkwell

A YeAAR's Education - Rurikovich in Crusader Kings 1066-1393

From Rus to Russia - Kiev in EU3 1393-1836 - Get the Loading Screen Pack - Weekly Showcased AAR, 6/6/09 and 7/7/10 - WritAAr of the Week, 27/7/10 - Ambitions are denied and tasks appointed - Check out the first installment of the Medieval Atlas!

Duke of Bonbon, and also Chevalier Grand Croix of the Ordre Militaire du Saint Christophe.

NOP-field present Moderator Qorten's Avatar
    57 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    DungeonlandElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind
    For The GloryGettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    ImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Naval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Winner View Post
    BTW, I hope you include some of the more advanced mods into your own Rome AARisen EU3 modification. Dei Gratia (in depth religions) for instance would fit great. Regardless, I am looking forward for that too, if you plan on releasing it
    MEIOU

Includes Dei Gratia, Antracer's Pirates and SRI. And a huge boatload of extra provinces and nations as well as some extra missions and decisions and game mechanics. My EU3 favorite mod. Can't play without it.

When I use this color I am speaking as a Moderator.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteCK2: Holy Knight500k club

what have i done!?!

i've started a chain effect that has lead to massive distraction from the one and true glory...

(see signature for name of that glory... )

BTW, I am just reading the parts where von Franken conspires to make Thomas the Youngest a co-Emperor and I am stunned by the negative reactions, even condemnations, of my fellow readers. Of course I don't know what will happen next so maybe I am just embarrassing myself here, but...

WHAT? What the hell did you expect? Albrecht had served the Empire loyally for decades - more that that, he almost single-handedly kept it from crumbling during the latter years of Thomas II's reign - and for all his trouble he was about to be "retired" by the new, 'slightly' over-confident, emperor. As we know, "retirement" would mean no protection from his many enemies in the Holy Roman Empire, and so likely the death for him and his family.

I kinda like the guy - even when he's trying to save his own neck and has all the reasons to be disloyal, he's also trying to save the Empire - Gabriel's reign if left unchecked would be a disaster, despite his martial abilities. Albrecht is simply trying to maintain some sort of balance between ambition and capabilities.

Just my 2 c€nts
    HoI2, mod 1914 -- Could Schlieffen Plan have led to a German victory in the Great War? Find out in this AAR! -- Completed

"Superior training and superior weaponry have, when taken together, a geometric effect on overall military strength. Well-trained, well-equipped troops can stand up to many more times their lesser brethren than linear arithmetic would seem to indicate." - Spartan Battle Manual

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Qorten View Post
    MEIOU

Includes Dei Gratia, Antracer's Pirates and SRI. And a huge boatload of extra provinces and nations as well as some extra missions and decisions and game mechanics. My EU3 favorite mod. Can't play without it.
    Needs a new submod:
    Romaion Est Imperum Orbi Universum, or whatever it was.

Yep, the best mod.

NOP-field present Moderator Qorten's Avatar
    57 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    DungeonlandElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind
    For The GloryGettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    ImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Naval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Winner View Post
    BTW, I am just reading the parts where von Franken conspires to make Thomas the Youngest a co-Emperor and I am stunned by the negative reactions, even condemnations, of my fellow readers. Of course I don't know what will happen next so maybe I am just embarrassing myself here, but...

WHAT? What the hell did you expect? Albrecht had served the Empire loyally for decades - more that that, he almost single-handedly kept it from crumbling during the latter years of Thomas II's reign - and for all his trouble he was about to be "retired" by the new, 'slightly' over-confident, emperor. As we know, "retirement" would mean no protection from his many enemies in the Holy Roman Empire, and so likely the death for him and his family.

I kinda like the guy - even when he's trying to save his own neck and has all the reasons to be disloyal, he's also trying to save the Empire - Gabriel's reign if left unchecked would be a disaster, despite his martial abilities. Albrecht is simply trying to maintain some sort of balance between ambition and capabilities.

Just my 2 c€nts
    I agree with you here. gabriel and other 'martial' emperors would expand the empire beyond the boundaries it can sustain. Even now the new Persian kingdom created as a client to Byzantium has the potency to become the most dangerous threat to become it's greatest enemy if it defeats the Mongols and conquers their territory.

When I use this color I am speaking as a Moderator.

If the EU part of this would based on MEIOU, and if you would release that sub-mod into the world, that would make two sub-mods for MEIOU! Making it bigger than ever!
    AwAARds
    Showcased 24/04/2010

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Vesimir View Post
    If the EU part of this would based on MEIOU, and if you would release that sub-mod into the world, that would make two sub-mods for MEIOU! Making it bigger than ever!
    I fear it might be too late, but that would be very awesome.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Started reading sometime last week, and I have now made it through this most brilliant AAR, albeit at the expense of schoolwork and/or social life. Totally worth it.

I do believe this is the finest AAR I have ever read, at these forums or other places. Keep up the good work!
    And on the pedestal these words appear:
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

+ Reply to Thread