• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

The next update has not yet been started. :( Oblivion and work have jointly conspired to rob me of writing time (Work is a good thing, Oblivion you can blame my boyfriend for getting me an Xbox260 :D) However, I plan on getting a framework done on it later today, and possibly a posted update as soon as Thursday. We'll have to see!

Good choice of game, I dare say! But if you want a REAL time suck play Dragon Age, I've spent 20 hours on that thing and am only 20 percent through!!! :eek:

[Geek mode] Oblivion is a great game. Lots of possibilities to roleplay. Hell, it's the only game I played in which I could roleplay my character as a hunter and that's something. However Oblivion on PC > Oblivion on Xbox. For Xbox RPGs I can recomend Mass Effect. It was made for Xbox, there are two parts. You can import the character from the first one to the second with the choices you've made during the first having effect in the second. And lots of other great things. [/Geek mode]

Give us an update!

Oblivion was kinda cool but the constant need to regulate your weight allowance was frustrating esp. on console (diehard PC gamer here). I WANT to carry 20 rat meat and 15 skulls around, dammit.

Dragon Age - it took me two weekends of nonstop play plus some other time snatched here and there during the week to get through that one.

What were you doing carrying skulls?!

With Mighty Magick Reborn, you don't have to worry about that because you get feather spells that actually reduce a decent amount of weight. (Master level reduces 1000 I believe, First level reduces around 150.)
I prefer Morrowind to Oblivion though, unless I'm just in the mood to run around in a meadow. Then Oblivion's graphics are nice. Modded graphics on Morrowind aren't bad at all though, but I have trouble using moving grass with the Graphics Extender, it makes my screen go black and have a meltdown.
Anyways, I'm eager to hear about Thomas, or maybe another mongol dialogue. Those are fun.

So, I finally got time to resume reading your magnificent, epic AAR. I am still more than 30 pages behind (just started reading page 157), and I don't regret it - it gives me certainty that there are lots of great updates that will keep me busy for a long time (I am reading 2-3 updates a day).

I just noticed the teaser with the two pictures taken from 'Children of Dune' miniseries, so you've perhaps taken my suggestion (even some musical themes were taken from it, right?) :) Somehow I've always associated it with this AAR, don't know why - the images of the imperial glamour, the intrigue... it somehow feels similar ;)

BTW, I hope you include some of the more advanced mods into your own Rome AARisen EU3 modification. Dei Gratia (in depth religions) for instance would fit great. Regardless, I am looking forward for that too, if you plan on releasing it :)

BTW, I hope you include some of the more advanced mods into your own Rome AARisen EU3 modification. Dei Gratia (in depth religions) for instance would fit great. Regardless, I am looking forward for that too, if you plan on releasing it :)

MEIOU :cool:

Includes Dei Gratia, Antracer's Pirates and SRI. And a huge boatload of extra provinces and nations as well as some extra missions and decisions and game mechanics. My EU3 favorite mod. Can't play without it.

BTW, I am just reading the parts where von Franken conspires to make Thomas the Youngest a co-Emperor and I am stunned by the negative reactions, even condemnations, of my fellow readers. Of course I don't know what will happen next so maybe I am just embarrassing myself here, but...

WHAT? :eek: What the hell did you expect? Albrecht had served the Empire loyally for decades - more that that, he almost single-handedly kept it from crumbling during the latter years of Thomas II's reign - and for all his trouble he was about to be "retired" by the new, 'slightly' over-confident, emperor. As we know, "retirement" would mean no protection from his many enemies in the Holy Roman Empire, and so likely the death for him and his family.

I kinda like the guy - even when he's trying to save his own neck and has all the reasons to be disloyal, he's also trying to save the Empire - Gabriel's reign if left unchecked would be a disaster, despite his martial abilities. Albrecht is simply trying to maintain some sort of balance between ambition and capabilities.

Just my 2 c€nts ;)

MEIOU :cool:

Includes Dei Gratia, Antracer's Pirates and SRI. And a huge boatload of extra provinces and nations as well as some extra missions and decisions and game mechanics. My EU3 favorite mod. Can't play without it.

Needs a new submod:
Romaion Est Imperum Orbi Universum, or whatever it was. :p

Yep, the best mod. :cool:

BTW, I am just reading the parts where von Franken conspires to make Thomas the Youngest a co-Emperor and I am stunned by the negative reactions, even condemnations, of my fellow readers. Of course I don't know what will happen next so maybe I am just embarrassing myself here, but...

WHAT? :eek: What the hell did you expect? Albrecht had served the Empire loyally for decades - more that that, he almost single-handedly kept it from crumbling during the latter years of Thomas II's reign - and for all his trouble he was about to be "retired" by the new, 'slightly' over-confident, emperor. As we know, "retirement" would mean no protection from his many enemies in the Holy Roman Empire, and so likely the death for him and his family.

I kinda like the guy - even when he's trying to save his own neck and has all the reasons to be disloyal, he's also trying to save the Empire - Gabriel's reign if left unchecked would be a disaster, despite his martial abilities. Albrecht is simply trying to maintain some sort of balance between ambition and capabilities.

Just my 2 c€nts ;)

I agree with you here. gabriel and other 'martial' emperors would expand the empire beyond the boundaries it can sustain. Even now the new Persian kingdom created as a client to Byzantium has the potency to become the most dangerous threat to become it's greatest enemy if it defeats the Mongols and conquers their territory.

Started reading sometime last week, and I have now made it through this most brilliant AAR, albeit at the expense of schoolwork and/or social life. Totally worth it.

I do believe this is the finest AAR I have ever read, at these forums or other places. Keep up the good work!