+ Reply to Thread
Page 242 of 354 FirstFirst ... 142 167 192 217 232 240 241 242 243 244 252 267 292 317 342 ... LastLast
Results 4,821 to 4,840 of 7073

Thread: Rome AARisen - a Byzantine AAR

200k clubEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

I like Alexandros the Younger. I have a feeling he'll end up being the emperor, having been educated as 'both genders'. It'd be nice to have an over the top character, actually. I can imagine a bisexual scholarly, lustful conqueror.

The world needs a proper Prince of Persia!
    Brittania: A Saga of Albion - Hiatus
    AwAARds
    WritAAR of the Week 11/23/09
    Character WritAAR of the Week 03/08/10
    Showcased 24/04/2010
    Favourite CK History Book AAR 07/06/2010 and 01/02/2011

Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Well, Alexandros seems like he's doing as well as can be expected given the deliberate sabotaging of his upbringing, he still manages to enjoy swordfighting, isn't dresing up in makeup, and is only a bit more petulant than your average 8 year old, especially an Imperial Heir. (We have some well raised heirs so far, but when you start having nannies raise your heirs, it tends to all go down the drain.) Of course, he's 8, and we have no real idea what he's going to end up like, but hopefully he manages to grow up without being a total layabout or a catamite.

Romanos IS loyal, good, but hopefully that Angelos? fellow isn't working for whoever that shady guy at the end was. (the Angelids are in Anatolia, unless they've been shuttled around somewhere else.)

As for the mysterious messenger, Konstantinos calls him an Easterner, and a Barbarian, but what does Konstantinos the Italian considers a barbaric easterner? It could be someone from Sinope or Trebizon, it could even be a Bulgarian, most anything is east of Konstantinos, all we know is he isn't a Spaniard or a Frenchman at this point. Alternatively, it could be as far afield as the Mongolian Empire, or a Russian state of some variety, Sortmark or 'Rus' proper. I seem to think he is either a Persian or a Mongol/Russian, though.

Hopefully Albrecht can manage to get out of this one, or at least keep things going somehow, while Andronikos gets his bearings and enacts whatever scheme he's playing at. Romanos escaping would be a boon to Andronikos as well, hopefully he can be saved before he's executed or whatever awful stuff these evil cats are playing at.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    Konstantinos should ride out the bluff and not commit. I doubt they're half as tough as they say. And the assassin-horse was Konstantinos', then?

Alexandros sounds like a delight, and good at getting those prices reduced. I look forward to his future adulthood. Although raising like a girl sounds like a very hilarious idea, unless one is actually involved in such a traumatic situation personally.

The Patriarch, wow. Overstepping his bounds much, or acting on the Emperor's behalf?
    The Russia Megacampaign - See my other work at my Inkwell

A YeAAR's Education - Rurikovich in Crusader Kings 1066-1393

From Rus to Russia - Kiev in EU3 1393-1836 - Get the Loading Screen Pack - Weekly Showcased AAR, 6/6/09 and 7/7/10 - WritAAr of the Week, 27/7/10 - Ambitions are denied and tasks appointed - Check out the first installment of the Medieval Atlas!

Duke of Bonbon, and also Chevalier Grand Croix of the Ordre Militaire du Saint Christophe.

Defensor Fidei et Ecclesiae Hawkeye1489's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club

I know I haven't posted in a little bit, but this update was fantastic, irregardless of the aesthetics. I for one, did not see the Patriarch charging head-first into the breach that is the power vacuum. In hindsight, it would make perfect sense. The Emperor is for all intents and purposes near death and the Lord Regent has been jailed. There isn't anyone else with the respect or authority of the Patriarch left in the city. Although, I have to say, the Dowager of Mesopotamia has been rather quiet as of late. I wonder what Anastasia has been up to in the recent weeks, what with Andronikos laid up and the Hounds of the Patriarch arresting everyone with the smallest bit of prestige. Much to ponder, and methinks that this update just added more questions. Amazing as always BT.

Cheers,
    ~Hawk
    Resident Theologian & Catholic Apologist

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Who is the main architect behind this?
    Fantastic narrative as always.

I think I just figured out how that dagger Ioannis has will become infamous . The Angelids are making their move and we will be seeing Ioannis eliminate his own father in the service of the Emperor. Ioannis might not be the nicest guy but I get the feeling that loyalty to Andi is one of his better traits.

I hope Konstantinos decides to join Andi instead of the conspirators, but it's just to hard to tell at the moment. He is in a bit of a tight spot at the moment though.

Also, nice to see Eleutherios is still out and about the dungeons.

Alexandros is also turning out quite nicely, despite the sabotage. A very smart little boy that would make his ancient namesake proud.

Wasn't there supposed to be another Alexandros Megas down the road? If so we may just be witnessing a start to greatness!

Romanorum Imperator Augustus asd21593's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteVictoria: Revolutions

You know its a great update when I read it so carefully and slowly that I time out and have to resign in
    My AAR Library
    -not writing at the moment-

Quote Originally Posted by asd21593 View Post
    You know its a great update when I read it so carefully and slowly that I time out and have to resign in
    Or you're just a slow reader.
    AwAARds
    Showcased 24/04/2010

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Never heard of "always logged in"?
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. -Isa 41:10

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. -John 3:16
    -------------------------------

My machine specs: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD6870 with 1 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteCK2: Holy Knight500k club

OH MY F***ING GOD!!!
    This is just wrong!
    The spider is caught in his own web, the priest is playing OTL's pope, the Italians are plotting against the "Greeks", the old East vs West conflict is reheating up, and ON TOP OF THAT we have a heir being raised as a HERMAPHRODITE!!!

EDIT: Nikolai, where did you get that snazy avatar? Same question with you, Vesimir. I WANT IT!!!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2500k club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by armonistan View Post

EDIT: Nikolai, where did you get that snazy avatar? Same question with you, Vesimir. I WANT IT!!!
    You have to preorder Vicky 2 in order to get them.
    You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word - Al Capone

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum (If you want peace, prepare for war) - Pvblivs Flavivs Vegetivs Renatvs

Stopping the 40 day plan: A French 1914 AAR Completed
    pAARallel Universes: A Germany 1936 Grand Campaign Abandoned
    • Cookie from DoomBunny for recognizing Dr. Strangelove references

Quote Originally Posted by humancalculator View Post
    You have to preorder Vicky 2 in order to get them.
    Yep. Those are the Victoria II avatars. There's 1040. Each country in the world gets a commie, fascist, normal, monarchist and republican flag.

We're that elitist.
    AwAARds
    Showcased 24/04/2010

Quote Originally Posted by General_BT View Post
    It was thus that the two empresses came to their accord, an accord made with the grudging consent of their husbands. Šahrzād’s eldest would be made ‘ineligible’ by his education, while her next son, Isaakios, was trained normally ‘just in case’ Theophano failed to bear an heir. Theophano had even graciously agreed that Agnes, a lady-in-waiting in her court, be made the boy’s nursemaid. It was thus that in the name of perpetual peace between the two Gabrieline branches, that Alexandros the Younger needed to be raised in the least regal way they could imagine.

As a girl.
    Heh, are you a neo-'mod,' BT? for the tragicomical childhood of Alexandros the Younger reminds me of a very old "The Who" song...
    "One girl was called Jean Marie
    Another little girl was called Felicity
    Another little girl was Sally Joy
    The other was me, and I'm a boy..." :-)

...and Catherine Hepburn as a nanny! Priceless!
    "When I lead my army against Baghdad in anger, whether you hide in heaven or in earth, I will bring you down from the spinning spheres; I will toss you in the air like a lion. I will leave no one alive in your realm; I will burn your city, your land, your self.

If you wish to spare yourself and your venerable family, give heed to my advice with the ear of intelligence. If you do not, you will see what God has willed."

Hulagu Khan (letter to the last Caliph of Baghdad 1258)

Slacker Extraordinaire Zzzzz...'s Avatar
    67 games registered

If the place is comfy to sleep in, yes, you can find me there!
    those damn Persians! Who else?

Lady of the North Star Demi Moderator Saithis's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    The negative reaction to the boy's new upbringing suprises me - I think it's brilliant. xD
    Sai's Inkwell - Click here to see more of my writing!
    Ongoing AARs:
    Valour of the North Star - Chronicles of the Hvide Clan: CK2 Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Last Man and Shilling - Semper Fi HPP AustraliAAR: HOI3 SF HPP History-Book AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Blood and Gold - The Second Spanish Republic: HOI3 FTM HPP History-Book/Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 18th August 2012
    Kings of Qritani - A Tale of Picts and Celts: Rome Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 4th September, 2012
    Sai Plays Game of Thrones: Burning Down Westeros: CK2 AGOT Gameplay Video AAR, Last Updated: 6th September, 2012
    If I type in this elegant Red, I am speaking in an official capacity as an AARland Demi-Moderator.
    Forum Rules | AARland FAQ | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2

Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Quote Originally Posted by Saithis View Post
    The negative reaction to the boy's new upbringing suprises me - I think it's brilliant. xD
    How's it brilliant to raise a boy as a girl? Do you want them raising their girls as boys too, and having gender-switched societies where women do jobs (usually) best left to men, like battle or unloading ships at the harbor, and men do jobs (usually) best left to women, like child-rearing and dressmaking?

Lady of the North Star Demi Moderator Saithis's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Because it's a story, it's funny, and the general negativity to it is beyond me. It's not real life, so why get so worked up over it?
    Sai's Inkwell - Click here to see more of my writing!
    Ongoing AARs:
    Valour of the North Star - Chronicles of the Hvide Clan: CK2 Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Last Man and Shilling - Semper Fi HPP AustraliAAR: HOI3 SF HPP History-Book AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Blood and Gold - The Second Spanish Republic: HOI3 FTM HPP History-Book/Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 18th August 2012
    Kings of Qritani - A Tale of Picts and Celts: Rome Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 4th September, 2012
    Sai Plays Game of Thrones: Burning Down Westeros: CK2 AGOT Gameplay Video AAR, Last Updated: 6th September, 2012
    If I type in this elegant Red, I am speaking in an official capacity as an AARland Demi-Moderator.
    Forum Rules | AARland FAQ | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2

Quote Originally Posted by Saithis View Post
    Because it's a story, it's funny, and the general negativity to it is beyond me. It's not real life, so why get so worked up over it?
    As long as there are no lightsabers, I'm cool with 'enriching' the story.

And it would be cool seeing the Roman Empire in a drow-like society. Women ruling and men serving. Only in alternative reality though.
    AwAARds
    Showcased 24/04/2010

+ Reply to Thread