• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kretoxian

Anon, we are legion
23 Badges
Oct 12, 2005
  • Iron Cross
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Magicka 2
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • 500k Club
  • Semper Fi
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II
Do you like the Cold War period? Would you like to mod for us? What's the square root of 1024? (without calculator please) What's the Homer Simpson's second name?
If the answer to those questions was yes,32 and "Jay", simply post in this thread answering to this kind of form:

Code:
- What's your Hoi2 Speciality? (if you don't know how to mod but you want to make suggestion or some beta test, simply type "Suggester" or "Beta Tester")

- What's your history "specialization" ? (it's not necesary to have university knowledge about that period, with some amateur knowledge should be enough)

- Are you Specialized in some country's or International Organization's History? (if yes, which one?)

- What would you like to do for this mod?

PD: I consider "debugger" as a hoi2 specialization

EDIT: Don't wait until i tell you to do something, if you know how to do, and want to do, don't hesitate, go ahead.

Last edited:
I know reasonably well France in the overall period (politicians, ministers, tech teams, unit models and so on... heck, it's my country after all :rofl: ) and as such may help in giving out suggestions, information, but I don't own Armaggedon so no beta testing from me. Also, I may be able to pick up translating the mod into French (I'm practically bilingual, so it should help :p), doing it from the very start should be easier than attempting to translate a full-fledged mod like Kaiserreich...

(In fact, I was so desperate for a Cold War mod that I was thinking about learning how to code events and do it myself... glad to see it's alive again!)

I don't have much HoI2 skills. But the best I can offer is research. I'm willing to put in efforts of research for this mod (And that means more then just a google search) to find ministers and leaders, and ideas for events.
I've coded events before, but they tend to be extremely buggy.

I know a good deal of the History of Uganda, Taiwan and the Koreas, and am always willing to put in the necessary efforts to research whatever country is necessary.

Ideally I see myself doing the low-skill, high effort grunt work for this mod. Trying fill out names for the minister files for every country for forty years, not to mention potential ministers (I.E. ministers for ideologies that never took power) will require a great deal of grunt work, that I'm willing to put in.

I'm a bit amaturish at making mods, but I understand the codes involved and can do the basics. I've made rather quality events and can help with that. When it comes to History I'm really rather profficent.

Come to me on any modern Irish, Iran, the middle east for that matter, or French questions and I would probably know them. French history seems rather intertwined with middle eastern history, some even believed Napoleon was an Arab ( :rofl: ).

I know vast expanses on the OIC, the NAM, the UN and the NATO, not mention tons of information on anything connected to my personal ideology, Communism.

I can help with events, I can make them and make sure they are historically correct, I am also rather good at alternate history so I will put the most plausible alternate options. I could also help with anything, except graphics, I'm not any good at that and for some reason I can't make a scenario that works, ( :rolleyes: ).

Ok, to the newcomers, the priority now are the ministers, but if you want you can do any other thing that you want from GFX to events.

What's the exact time span for your Mod ?

I cant code, but if you need help for some pictures, or history for Bulgaria, ant the Balcans I will help. And if there is some easy guide for coding I will try to do some events for BG and thas is.
The Cold War is my favorite period in the modern history, so I will be happy to hlep.

^Ok welcome aboard, Dogget, your first task is rather easy: to find pics of the already done Bulgarian ministers and to pass them to me via PM ok?

Ok. For me it is great pleasure to be part of this.

Kretoxian
Why does your sig say that OOB is 10% done?
I thought 1950s OOB was already done by Anzu and Yellowstriker. Unless they both disappeared like Biosis, which I doubt, I think you can request the files from them.

kami888 said:
Kretoxian
Why does your sig say that OOB is 10% done?
I thought 1950s OOB was already done by Anzu and Yellowstriker. Unless they both disappeared like Biosis, which I doubt, I think you can request the files from them.
Well, I'm not Kretoxian but I think I can answer.
1) See this thread: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=320734.
2) Read this post: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7408767&postcount=5
3) We are using Regiments/Brigades, not Divisions, so we still need to look through Anzu and Yellowstriker work to fit it to our system.
4) Signature says Units, not OOB's, and that means unit types, models, stats and their implementation in the game
I hope that make things more clear. :)

Last edited:
Ok, thanks for clearing it up, although you probably meant to refer me to this thread rather than the one we're in right now.

And I find it very interesting that you will use regiments/brigades. This might simply overload countries like Soviet Union, especially when at war, I'm not sure if the game engine will like to have 3000 Soviet regiments running around..

kami888 said:
Ok, thanks for clearing it up, although you probably meant to refer me to this thread rather than the one we're in right now.
Ooops. Anyway, glad that I've helped.
kami888 said:
And I find it very interesting that you will use regiments/brigades. This might simply overload countries like Soviet Union, especially when at war, I'm not sure if the game engine will like to have 3000 Soviet regiments running around..
Well, if it will be too laggy, we always can rename regiments to divisions and change stats. Not big deal. :)

Well if you nedd people to help you, i'm available.
I can do events, ai, graphics etc but i prefer making graphics. I'll download the mod but if you don't have one, i can do load screens, scenario image, skin etc etc.
Hum, a specialization...well, let's say france, my country :d and about the period, ww2 (but it wont help you) and 45-62 for the cold war (of course, 45-2007 about france)

Fernando Torres said:
Well if you nedd people to help you, i'm available.
I can do events, ai, graphics etc but i prefer making graphics.
Hum, a specialization...well, let's say france, my country :d and about the period, ww2 (but it wont help you) and 45-62 for the cold war (of course, 45-2007 about france)
Any help is apreciated. :) Welcome aboard!