• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The APCs (replacing the SP-Art.)
Code:
BRIG_MODEL_2_0;'45 Halftrack;;;;;;;;;x #The famous american Halftrack
BRIG_MODEL_2_1;'51 APC;;;;;;;;;x #Russian BTR-152
BRIG_MODEL_2_2;'60 APC;;;;;;;;;x #American M-113
BRIG_MODEL_2_3;'68 APC;;;;;;;;;x #Russian BTR-60 or even better, the Russian BMP-1
BRIG_MODEL_2_4;'73 APC;;;;;;;;;x #Like the French AMX-10P or the Russian BMP-2/3
BRIG_MODEL_2_5;'81 APC;;;;;;;;;x #M2 Bradley

Ok more for the GFXers, (remember that those models are only drafts, they may change)
This time let's go for a naval brigade (the old AA brigade for ships). Is it possible to make pics for those brigades?
Code:
BRIG_MODEL_17_0;Experimental Ship Recon Helicopter '47;;;;;;;;;;x #Kamov Ka-8
BRIG_MODEL_17_1;Early Ship Recon Helicopter '53;;;;;;;;;x #Kamov Ka-15 Hen
BRIG_MODEL_17_2;Basic Ship Recon Helicopter '58;;;;;;;;;x #Kamov Ka-18 Hog
BRIG_MODEL_17_3;Improved Ship Recon Helicopter '65;;;;;;;;;x 
BRIG_MODEL_17_4;Developed Ship ASW Helicopter '78;;;;;;;;;x #Kamov Ka-25 Hormone
BRIG_MODEL_17_5;Advanced Ship ASW Helicopter '89;;;;;;;;;x #Kamov Ka-27 Helix

I have not found an specific model for the 17_3 model. Remember that these helicopters are expected to be available only to Frigates (CL) and to DDs.

Autovonbismark said:
Why not instead of making it only Rocket-Sp-Art, why not just make SP-Art, and we can used rocket or shell based for the brigades?

You know what? that's a great idea! furthermore, nowadays the majority of the SP-Arts. are rocket launchers!

More for the GFXers, this time the amphibious vehicles with some examples, as usual.
Code:
BRIG_MODEL_3_0;'45 Amphibious Assault Vehicle;;;;;;;;;x #Like the LVT-2
BRIG_MODEL_3_1;'53 Amphibious vehicle;;;;;;;;;x #Like the Soviet BAV-485 
BRIG_MODEL_3_2;'65 Amphibious Vehicle;;;;;;;;;x #Like the Soviet PTS Amphibious vehicle
BRIG_MODEL_3_3;'71 Amphibious Assault Vehicle;;;;;;;;;x #Like the American AAV7
BRIG_MODEL_3_4;'80 Amphibious Assault Vehicle;;;;;;;;;x #Like the American AAAV

Kretoxian said:
You know what? that's a great idea! furthermore, nowadays the majority of the SP-Arts. are rocket launchers!

Actually it's not such a good idea to remove Sp-Art or Sp-R Art IMHO, it's better to have them both in the mod, because today both types are used(M109 and MRLS in USA, MSTA-S and BM-21 in Russia).

These are my proposals for brigades:
Code:
      Armor
--Vanilla             --Cold War

-Artillery -->        -Artillery
-SP artilery -->      -[COLOR=Red]SP Art[/COLOR]
-Rocket Art. -->      -Amphibious Vehicles, available only for the marine divisions
-SP Rct Art. -->      -[COLOR=Red]SP R Art[/COLOR]
-Anti Tank. -->       -Transport Helicopter
-Tank Destroyer -->   -[COLOR=Red]AT/SP AT[/COLOR]
-Light Tank Brig. --> -[COLOR=Red]APC/IFV[/COLOR]
-Heavy Tank -->       -Heavy Tank
-Super Heavy Tank --> -Attack Helicopters
-Armored Car -->      -[COLOR=Red]Recon Car/Light tank brigade[/COLOR]
-Anti Air -->         -Motorized anti air

Also, I think it's a little bit too much to give light tanks their own brigade, instead it's possible to merge 'em with recon car brigade like this:
Code:
AC_MODEL_0   PostWW2 Armored Car
AC_MODEL_1   50's Armored Car
AC_MODEL_2   60's Armored Car
AC_MODEL_3   70's Armored Car
AC_MODEL_4   80's Armored Car
AC_MODEL_5   EMPTY(can't be researched, so armored cars won't upgrade into light tanks)
AC_MODEL_6   PostWW2 Light Tank
AC_MODEL_7   50's-60's Light tank
AC_MODEL_8   70's-80's Light tank
AC_MODEL_9   Modern Light tank
What do you think?

EDIT: P.S.: There is one major flaw in the current system of brigades. If you make inf division motorised you can't attach arty or recon or attack helicopter brigade to them, or any brigade. That's not very good.

Last edited:
Foxbat said:
These are my proposals for brigades:
Code:

Armor
--Vanilla --Cold War

-Artillery --> -Artillery
-SP artilery --> -SP Art
-Rocket Art. --> -Amphibious Vehicles, available only for the marine divisions
-SP Rct Art. --> -SP R Art
-Anti Tank. --> -Transport Helicopter
-Tank Destroyer --> -AT/SP AT
-Light Tank Brig. --> -APC/IFV
-Heavy Tank --> -Heavy Tank
-Armored Car --> -Recon Car/Light tank brigade
-Anti Air --> -Motorized anti air

Ok except for one thing, the AT/SP AT brigades, because nowadays there are very few tank destroyers (and during the cold war years these kind of vehicles have been decreasing), so i don't think that there should be an AT brigade, perhaps an airborne tank could stay there better because their technological peak was during those years.

And i am a sceptical about differentiating the SP art and SP rocket art. because it is an useless differentiation. (they are both artilleries, they have the same effects on the battlefield), the only diference is that the rockets can aim more precisely on one point, and that can't be represented in Hoi2.
And no, higher soft attack values does not represent this, higher attack values represent better weapons and technological advance.

Foxbat said:
EDIT: P.S.: There is one major flaw in the current system of brigades. If you make inf division motorised you can't attach arty or recon or attack helicopter brigade to them, or any brigade. That's not very good.

In my youth you could deattach brigades and add them later so you could perfectly carry your inf. division to the front in an APC brigade, de-attach the APC and add them an attack helicopter.
Has the passing of time killed this feature?

And i am a sceptical about differentiating the SP art and SP rocket art. because it is an useless differentiation...
On the second thought, you're right, it can even represent combination of both(M109A5+MRLS, 2s1+BM21).
Still, I think TD should have their own brigade, because there is not so small number of them(M901, FV102 Striker, Infanterikanonvagn 91, Jaguar 1/2, AT-2/3/5/6, ISU-122/152, SU-100, SU-122-54, M56 and other various ATGM and gun-armed tank destroyers)

In my youth you could deattach brigades and add them later so you could perfectly carry your inf. division to the front in an APC brigade, de-attach the APC and add them an attack helicopter.
Has the passing of time killed this feature?

Very funny. And if I want division to be motorised and have an artillery support brigade? Or I want to have motorised division with attack helicopters? US 1st Infantry division is motorised(mechanised) and it has Combat Aviation brigade.

Foxbat said:
I think TD should have their own brigade, because there is not so small number of them(M901, FV102 Striker, Infanterikanonvagn 91, Jaguar 1/2, AT-2/3/5/6, ISU-122/152, SU-100, SU-122-54, M56 and other various ATGM and gun-armed tank destroyers)

Ok about it, but due to engine limitation there are some things that are needed to be changed.

Foxbat said:
Very funny. And if I want division to be motorised and have an artillery support brigade? Or I want to have motorised division with attack helicopters?

*Sigh* as i said hundred of times, practically all those infantries (except the 3rd world ones) can be turned into motorized changing their statistics, so if you have an infantry division without any brigades it is, tacitally a motorized division (because they move in trucks), then you can attach them an artillery brigade.

Foxbat said:
US 1st Infantry division is motorised(mechanised) and it has Combat Aviation brigade.

About land divisions having two attached brigades, there is nothing that i can do, except trying to convince Paradox Interactive to change it to allow it.

BTW, i would like to hear your suggestion about how the infantry tech should be. And if you can convince me, or the rest of the forum, i will change it.
(You can acompany your explanation with a succulent schematic)

Last edited:
Ok i know that perhaps i'm bringing it very forward but for the airplanes i'm thinking about:

Code:
--Vanilla                       --CW
Multi Role --> Fighter
Tactical Bombers --> Bombers
CAS --> Attack Planes
Interceptor --> Reconnaissance Plane
Naval --> Sea Bomber
Transport --> Transport

Suggestions

Here it is:

4kc2qs3.jpg

Tech's highlited with orange require specific doctrines to be developed.

Mot Brigade Development techs allow apc brigades to be built and attached to inf, mnt and irregular divisions.

NATO and W.P. divisions are already motorised with APC's or/and trucks(depends on year), also researching NATO/W.P. division tech gives blueprint for corresponding Mot Brigade tech.
Infantry divisions can be researched by any country.

Marine divisions techs are divided into 2 groups: brigades and divisions, because most of countries don't have full marine divisions, instead they have brigades(UK, Russia e.t.c.). Marine brigades are marine divisions but with weaker attack, defence and e.t.c. to compensate for less manpower. Amphibious warfare equipment allows amhphibious tanks to be built and improve modifiers for shore attack and e.t.c.

Air assault divisions require 60's Airborne division to be researched as well as 60's Armored cavalry division(also they require corresponding helicopter tech to be researched). Airborne warfare equipment unlocks coresponding airborne tank brigades.

Mountain division techs are quite obvious, as well as mountain warfare equipment techs(improve modifiers).

Irregular divisions represent all sorts of guerilla units that were deployed during 20th century(Vietcong and e.t.c.). Require guerilla doctine

It's okey for me, but just one thing, what brigade do you pretend to replace for the marine brigades? The Engineer brigade? The MPs? And for the Motorized Brigade?

PD: I like your ideas, could you start with another schematic for the armor tree?.

PD2: All the GFXers, please forgive me, i'm going to try to readapt all your stuff ok?

Last edited:
Kretoxian said:
It's okey for me, but just one thing, what brigade do you pretend to replace for the marine brigades? The Engineer brigade? The MPs? And for the Motorized Brigade?

PD: I like your ideas, could you start with another schematic for the armor tree?.

PD2: All the GFXers, please forgive me, i'm going to try to readapt all your stuff ok?

Okay I'll start armor tree asap.
And marine brigade is just another marine division, not a attachment to other divisions, it's like 6 and 9 batalion divisions in CORE. As for brigades, your layout is fine :).

Code:

-SP artilery -->      -SP Art/SP R Art
-Rocket Art. -->      -Amphibious Vehicles, available only for the marine divisions
-SP Rct Art. -->      -Airborne tank
-Anti Tank. -->       -Transport Helicopter
-Tank Destroyer -->   -SP AT
-Light Tank Brig. --> -APC/IFV
-Armored Car -->      -Recon Car/Light tank brigade
-Anti Air -->         -Motorized anti air

Last edited:
Yes, well it's only that the Transport Helicopter and the APC must replace either the AA or the AT because the speed_cap of the unit statistics is only available for these brigades:

Code:
speed_cap_art
	speed_cap_eng
	speed_cap_at
	speed_cap_aa

And considering that the engineer brigade is going to be the motorization brigade, the artillery remains unchanged our only options is AT --> APC/IFV and AA --> Transport Helicopter
So it should stay:
Code:

-SP artilery -->      -SP Art/SP R Art
-Rocket Art. -->      -Amphibious Vehicles
-SP Rct Art. -->      -Airborne tank
-Anti Tank. -->       -APC/IFV
-Tank Destroyer -->   -Tank Destroyer (better this name)
-Light Tank Brig. --> -Motorized AA
-Armored Car -->      -Recon Car/Light tank brigade
-Anti Air -->         -Transport Helicopter
-Engineer --> -Motorization Brig.

This way a regular infantry div. can run at high speeds.

Hmm, actually I meant that APC/IFV brigade is motorisation brigade. This brigade(IFV/APC) should be used to motorise normal infantry divisions, mountain divisions and irregular divisions. NATO and W.P. motorised divisions should be motorised even without that APC/IFV brigade.

Here's my proposal for armor tech tree:
54il0rb.jpg

Heavy and Super heavy tanks development techs allow production of heavy armor brigades. I think, SH Arm should resemble all heavy tanks that were designed for WW3, but never saw production(for example: Object 279). Those techs should require some sort of "Total nuclear war doctrine".

Medium tank development doctrine allows research of coresponding armor division. 50's NATO/WP Armored Division research requires coresponding doctrine to be researched(also I'm thinking that coresponding APC/IFV tech should be developed too, but I want to hear opinions on that).

60's Heavy tank tech and 60's Medium tank tech allows to research 70's MBT tech if requied techs in industrial/secret research tabs are researched(for example 70's Electronics, Composite armor and e.t.c.).

80's, 90's NATO and 90's WP Armor divisions should require coresponding electronics techs(this is done to simulate sophisticated electronics required on modern battlefield).

Light Armor Development techs allow construction of L Arm brigades(Recon brigades), also they allow to research tank destroyer, amphibious and airborne armor techs. Each L Arm tech gives blueprint for coresponding APC/IFV tech. 80's IFV require doctrine to be researched, 90's and Future IFV require electronics and industrial techs. All APC/IFV techs are required to research coresponding NATO/WP Motorised division and motorisation techs(70's NATO motorised division require 70's APC)

60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and Future TD require rocket techs to be researched.

Airborne vehicles require high level of industrialization to be produced, that's why they require industrial techs.

60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and Future Static AA and AA Brigade require rocket researches.

80's, 90's and Future Towed and Self-Propelled techs require coresponding electronics and industrial techs.

Comments? :)

Ok, in my spare time i have done this:
newinftd4.jpg

Kretoxian said:
Ok, in my spare time i have done this:
Cool. :)
I'm almost complited Naval techs. But I need to know, is it possible to give submarine ability to attack shore provinces via attached brigades, if yes, can it be used to attack non-coastal provinces? And another one, how many naval brigades there is?

Last edited: