• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
YodaMaster said:
Of course he is but I don't see monarchs after him in the sample. Are they "scripted" with Historical option?

I cannot say, as I am under NDA. I was just raising the possibility for discussion purposes. Nothing official is to be implied from my last post.

That's why I asked if this last known monarch was "eternal" in EU3 as he would be in EU2 if no alternative. And I'm sure people under NDA know the answer. Question was for the Dev Team.

YodaMaster said:
That's why I asked if this last known monarch was "eternal" in EU3 as he would be in EU2 if no alternative. And I'm sure people under NDA know the answer. Question was for the Dev Team.

Well, if you are playing historically and want a proper historically accurate game, then yes, it is an eternal monarch, as the country should no longer exist. Everything else is just fantasy.

Thanks for the answer. It is clear to me now.

And this is exactly the reason why I asked if EU3 random monarch system could take place in such occurrence and give a good answer to the "eternity problem", just because it will happen.

YodaMaster said:
Thanks for the answer. It is clear to me now.

And this is exactly the reason why I asked if EU3 random monarch system could take place in such occurrence and give a good answer to the "eternity problem", just because it will happen.

Well surely someone can make up fantasy monarchs with average stats for such an occurance.

Of course it is doable but it should be made for all countries that historically disappeared before the end of the game. Only question is why such solution when EU3 engine is designed to do "best" (if fantasy dynasties are not scripted nor wanted for any reason)?

YodaMaster said:
Of course it is doable but it should be made for all countries that historically disappeared before the end of the game. Only question is why such solution when EU3 engine is designed to do "best" (if fantasy dynasties are not scripted nor wanted for any reason)?
Probably because it is too tedious to have different succession rules for different countries (or even one country at different times) within one game.

náraiC said:
Well surely someone can make up fantasy monarchs with average stats for such an occurance.
Yes, especially now in EU3 it's much easier.