• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
do these dynasty and other new cool stuff come in their own files, for ex: do dynasties come in their own text files or something or do dey come in some proveince files, country files...

my point is that i want to know how muts i would have to remod mattfolk mod for the new expansion pack.

YodaMaster said:
And what about monarchs when there is no more historical one? Random system possible or scripted monarchs mandatory, just like in EU2?

Why would a country exists when it has no historical monarchs..

thats UNHISTORICAL! You want randomness!!!!

And what about monarchs when there is no more historical one? Random system possible or scripted monarchs mandatory, just like in EU2 (and as it was said)?

Sorry, I had to edit and forum is always very slow around midnight (French Time). Must have deleted my previous post...

I know it is unhistorical but if a country is held by a player and game is started before the last known day of the last monarch, I don't see this country disappearing unless it becomes another historical one. We do it many times in AGCEEP but there is always a possibility to see the country holding its original tag even if it "shouldn't" according to History.

In EU2 last monarch of a country is eternal. We have a random monarchs generator in EU3, why not use it when it is arguably the best solution?

This is where both systems (historical and random) can do the best: last historical monarch should live until the last known day, if game is started before. This date already exists in setup files: the day after, country can't be selected as playable country when a new game is started.
The deathdate of this last monarch could then be random after the known day and all the stats (including dates) of his successors random too according to current EU3 random system. This is as "simple" as that.
Nevertheless, if an event creates a monarch after that, I don't know what could happen since syntax for such command is unknown to me.

Last edited:
just a quick question, is there some sort of Leve en Masse Idea or tech to allow the formation of very large standing armies like the time of Napoleon?

Balor said:

:confused: I know english isn't my first language but that didn't make sens to me :wacko:

I would really like to see a hybrid monarch system, where the historical monarchs have a birth date and death date, so when one monarch dies, the other will succeed to them with no problem... If he is too young (the other monarch as died in battle), a regency would take place until he grows up, if there's no historical monarch succeeding him, the random system takes place until there's another adult historical monarch (if there's any).
P.S. With the historical monarchs option on, if there was historically a succession war or a personal union between certain countries, would this be possible (as Johan say that with historical monarchs, there's no successions war a such)?

If there won't be any more RMs, does it mean we can't diplovassalize anymore ? :confused:

Balor said:

Someone is really convinced that the new feature makes sense... :D :p

Zanza said:
Someone is really convinced that the new feature makes sense... :D :p
Or the result of a bad day at work with all these features to be implemented in an engine not designed for them in the first place? ;)

I'm so optimistic... :)

I think he's suggesting that after adding all of these 'historical' features to the expansion after all the people complaining about EU3 being 'unhistorical' it is odd to see people also wanting 'unhistorical' changes to the new historical features.

jdrou said:
I think he's suggesting that after adding all of these 'historical' features to the expansion after all the people complaining about EU3 being 'unhistorical' it is odd to see people also wanting 'unhistorical' changes to the new historical features.
Well, maybe unhistorical is better than immortal :)

ZmajOgnjeniVuk said:
Well, maybe unhistorical is better than immortal :)
I agree but he's poking fun at the people who cried for more historical.

jdrou said:
I agree but he's poking fun at the people who cried for more historical.
"More historical" doesn't mean "only historical". Since AGCEEP is in your sig, you should know what this means. I have proofs... :)

YodaMaster said:
"More historical" doesn't mean "only historical". Since AGCEEP is in your sig, you should know what this means. I have proofs... :)
Oh, I know. I'm just saying that's what "Balor's" post probably means.

I agree with your analysis. Only problem is I never asked for "only historical" or "only fixed monarchs" but possibility to have both random and historical and be able to implement what is best suited for situation with an enhanced engine.

So can we still diplovassalize after removing royal marriages?

YodaMaster said:
The only thing I see here is no historical monarch after Charles II... It doesn't imply random monarch after his death. In EU2, such monarch will be eternal.

And what if Charles II of Burgundy = Charles Quint?