• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Kuitenkin said:
I hope you historicalists are happy now. Anyway, that CoT thing must be the best news since... the announcement of Deus Vult. :)

Honestly, id only be really happy if i could play a hands-off game of EU3 and get end results that are closer to history than a hands-off game of EU2...

The price for a CoT seems a little low. The benefits are bigger than manufactories, but the price is half.

But what about CoTs in colonies now? Will they still pop up automatically, or do you have create them?

I was surprised at how cheap a COT was, I also thought it would cost like a manufactury. But maybe the advantages of the COT have been taken down...

In the end, I would be more inclined to crank the cost up than taking down the benefits...

Finally!

I HATE THE VLAANDERN COT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I shall start with to conquer Vlaandern and shut it down just because it will be satisfying :D

Ahura Mazda said:
Finally!

I HATE THE VLAANDERN COT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I shall start with to conquer Vlaandern and shut it down just because it will be satisfying :D

Ahahhaa ! Me too - totally ! Let's shut it down and open one in Amsterdam !

YodaMaster said:
Are you really sure?

I never saw confirmatioin of such behaviour.
I guessed that that's what this means (from history\countries folder):
bur-burgundy.txt said:
1477.1.6 = {
monarch = {
name = "Marie I"
adm = 6
dip = 7
mil = 5
female = yes
}
}

1482.3.28 = {
monarch = {
name = "Philippe IV"
adm = 3
dip = 3
mil = 3
}
}

1506.9.26 = { government = despotic_monarchy }

1506.9.26 = {
monarch = {
name = "Charles II"
adm = 7
dip = 8
mil = 8
}
}

Balor said:
Well, the chances of one of your provinces NOT trading with your own CoT is extremely small unless you own 100's of provinces. So, yeah, you can get one CoT...

What if you manage to sell that particular province to a weak neighbour, open a new one, then retake the first one? Exploitish behaviour, I know, just asking.

ZmajOgnjeniVuk said:
I guessed that that's what this means (from history\countries folder):
The only thing I see here is no historical monarch after Charles II... It doesn't imply random monarch after his death. In EU2, such monarch will be eternal.

YodaMaster said:
The only thing I see here is no historical monarch after Charles II... It doesn't imply random monarch after his death. In EU2, such monarch will be eternal.
Eternal 7-8-8 monarch? Where's the fun in that?
EU3 already has a random monarch generator, so my guess is that all monarch after the last historical one will be random.

ZmajOgnjeniVuk said:
Eternal 7-8-8 monarch? Where's the fun in that?
EU3 already has a random monarch generator, so my guess is that all monarch after the last historical one will be random.
Nowhere but if monarchs work exactly like in EU2, as it was said by Johan, this is what will happen... There is no enddate for monarchs. When will Charles II die?

I agree with you. I'd like to have random monarch when last historical monarch dies but I'm not sure it will be the case.

YodaMaster said:
Nowhere but if monarchs work exactly like in EU2, as it was said by Johan, this is what will happen... There is no enddate for monarchs. When will Charles II die?

I agree with you. I'd like to have random monarch when last historical monarch dies but I'm not sure it will be the case.
Good point. Let's hope they will make him die randomly if he has no historical successor.

Historical leaders & Generals

If I promote my Historical monarch to general, and he dies in battle, could I be trapped in a regency for a very very long time if the next historical monarch is a long way off? (Remembering EU1, and losing Elizibeth in like 1540, and having 40+ years of regency council)

I don't think you will be able to promote your monarch to general. You will get a leader who is the monarch if it happened in history and the functionnality will be disabled if you choose the Historical option. At least, this is how I understood it.