• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Crush3r

General
68 Badges
May 21, 2007
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
God save the Tsar...and protect the Duma - ATR Russia AAR

flag-russia.jpg

Country = Mother Russia
Mod = All the Russias v. 4 (Last)
General Path = Constitutional Monarchy; Little, if any, direct (incorporate into Russia) expansionism
Situation = Up to now I have played until the 21st of February 1940. Russia is involved in a crucial war (you can take guesses, but I won't tell you until I get there). I will show you few screenshots up to the date, because I only have data from save games. I will proceed to make text-timeline and fact sheet updates of important events.Dates will be in dd.mm.yyyy format.
Romania AAR = Temporarily on hold will be continued as soon as I continue the annoying task of marching through Russia with inadequate troops

Episode I

450px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png

THE REPUBLIC OF RUSSIA, also known as RUSSIA, WHITE RUSSIA (by extreme LW groups), RUßLAND (by Germany), ŢARA RUSEASCĂ (by Romania), DOMAIN OF RUSSIA AND SIBERIA (by Japan)
Form of government = Representative Democracy
HoS = Alexandr Kerenski
Territory = Stretches from Karelia to Kamceatka, the Arctic Ocean, to Central Asia
Borders = Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Poland, Ukraine, Don-Kuban Union, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, Manchuria (not recognized), Transamur; Arctic Ocean, Baltic sea, White Sea, Okhotsk Sea, Bering Sea
History = Once also ruling Finland, the Baltic States, Poland, Ukraine, Bessarabia, Central Asia and Transamur, Russia was a Tsarist Autocratic Monarchy, but the onset of the 1st World War meant sparked social tensions that led to the Russian Civil War between the Bolshevist „Reds” and the „Whites”. With help from the Polish, the „White” faction won, but the Monarchy was abolished in favour of a representative republic.
Situation = High dissent rate, the system looks like falling apart.

Kerenski is assassinated! Marshall Denikin steps in and dissolves the Duma.
Kerenski decides it is best to name himself as HoG as well, until a more appropriate solution can be found and things calm down
Germany defies the Versailles Pact and reoccupies the Rheinland
Poland asks France for support is issuing a whitdrawl ultimatum to Germany
France firmly refuses
Poland backs down
Italy annexes Ethiopia
Nationalist China makes promises and hedges bets in the Xi'an incident
Kirov Factory Design Bureau develops Early Tank prototypes, the first breakthrough in our reorientation towards Armour
Italy sells arms to Armenia
18-19.07.1936
The Spanish Civil War erupts
Italy and Germany send support to the Nationalist side
The UK and France refuse supporting the Republicans that they consider anarchists
Russia is disappointed at France's decisions not to stop the spread of Fascism
Japan DOWed China & Co.
The Guanxi Warlords ally with Japan against China, as China refused to make peace with them earlier on

Thank you all, now let's get to business!

Episode II

eg-Tukhachevski.jpg

Marshall of Russia, Tukhachevsky Mihail Nikolaevich
Born = 3/16.03.1893
History = He graduated from the Aleksandrovskoye Military School in 1914, joining the Semyenovsky Guards Regiment. A second lieutenant during World War I, Tukhachevsky was decorated for personal courage in the battles. After he was taken prisoner by the Germans in February 1915, he escaped four times from the camps, was captured again, and finally as an incorrigible escapee held in Ingolstadt fortress, where he met another incorrigible - the then captain Charles de Gaulle. His fifth escape was successful, and he returned to Russia in October 1917. He became an officer in the Red Army and rapidly advanced in rank due to his great ability. During the Russian Civil War he was given responsibility for defending Moscow. The Bolshevik Defence Commissar Leon Trotsky gave Tukhachevsky command of the 5th Army in 1919, and he led the campaign to capture Siberia from the White forces of Aleksandr Kolchak.
However as White forces started pushing towards Moscow, he switched sides. His personal vendetta with Kolchak, gained after the battles in Siberia, was instrumental in the Kolchak's failure to seize power in Russia in the 20's.
Situation = His ideas of mobile warfare that he developed after his experience with the vastity of Siberia are gaining ground in Central Command Moscow. It remains to be seen whether he will be able to impose it as doctrine.

The Russian Khazakhs have seized power in Khazakhstan
The status of the Orthodox Church has been clarified. Russia is a modern and secular state
The Nanjing Massacre happens
Countries around the world are horrified
A vote was cast to set the capital of Russia. The result was: 70% Moscow, 30% Skt. Petersburg
The Japanese create a vassal state in China: Mengkukuo
Armenian authorities have arrested several archaeologist that claim that Armenia should stretch into neighboring countries in order to avoid an international crysis
Turkestan's Khan has made a public declaration in which he states that he will protect the interests of Turkmen and Muslims in Khazakhstan
Poland experiences a sudden change of government
The Tukhachevsky doctrine is officialy adopted by Central Command Moscow
28.05-03.06.1937
The Italian „show of friendship” flight to Armenia is a total success
A miraculous breakthrough in research happened to us
Communist CHina DOWed Nationalist China trying to get the spoils from under Japan's nose
The Don-Kuban Union demands that Khazakhstan secede territory populated by Cossacks and the demands are accepted

Starting late 1938 a period of appeasement towards Czechoslovakia, Romania, Estonia, Latvia and Estonia starts. Also research in Blitzkrieg doctrines have yelded very fast and organised strike teams of light tanks with engineer brigades. A very important period is comming up next update (+screenies).

Episode III

KYRIL I ROMANOV - TSAR OF ALL THE RUSSIAS

romanov86.jpg

Kyril Romanov with his wife Victoria and son Vladimir

The legitimate monarch Kyril I Romanov has been proclaimed Tsar of All the Russias
The system is now a constitutional monarchy
Prime-minister remains Denikin
Coronation in Sankt Petersburg, as the Kremlin is still under renovation

The Don-Kuban Union have declared full independence from Russia and the Tsar
The Tsar encourages their decision, saying he does not wish to force anybody to side with him

Georgia limited it's espionage activities to „peaceful propaganda spreading” (a.k.a. spread Menshevism)

Khazakhstan has decided, to submit to the Tsar, but shall remain independent
Thus the Tsar of All the Russias is now also the monarch of Khazakhstan
Turkestan declared war on Khazakhstan and implicitly on us
They have decided there is no need for reinforcements
Persia stayed away from the conflict
Sinkiang sent aid to Khazakhstan. This shows us that they are friends of Russia

Russia decided to use a Realpolitik type external political plan

Germany presses for Anschluss
Austria accepted
Italy, fearful of loosing it's area of interest, sends word to Poland
Poland decides it is of no concern to them. Now Italy is left without German or Polish support

29-30.04 .1938
Our first successful attack in what has become known as the Asian Desert War happens in Baikonur

The Tsar is coronated in Alma-Ata, that has been spared from enemy attack
Also as a sign of support towards the Khazakh's war, he also visits the front-line in Baikonur and proclames that a research facility will be constructed there

We demand an apology from Mongolian officials in what concerns the Transiberian Crisis
Mongolia apologizes and Russia is pleased

France's electorate decided to keep the current government

The Khan of Bukhara, as Turkestan's ruler is self styled, is captured and an ultimatum is sent: his country shall be kept intact in return of becoming a vassal
The offer is accepted

A US minister has died

The US attempts to smear Germany's image...and fails miserably (strange coincidence with the dead minister...eh?)

Following the expansion of our influence in Central Asia, the Cossacks reinterrated their independent position
Our response was: „Alright, we heard you the last time, now buzz off!”

(05.08.1938
The Call to War event happened to Turkestan, but it didn't fire as he was my puppet)

THE ASIAN DESERT WAR - 02.03.1938 - 21.06.1938

Panzer(Afrika).jpg

Our Tank Corps in the war

As expected, at first Khazakhstan lost battles to the much larger Turkmeni army. Following the first Turkmen assaults, Russian command strategically retreated to provinces where the bulk of the Russian Army were redeploying (actually all of it). Alma-Ata was not to be abandoned, as the Tsar was coming to the city and the enemy presence was insufficient.

On the 29th of April the Assault on Baikonur started. It was won the next day. This was the turning point of the war as most of the Russian Army had already arrived. But it was a long campaign until we reached the south, where the imperial palace of the Khan was situated

MAP OF THE WAR:

kazwarzg0.jpg

Episode IV

GERMANY
reichskriegsflagge3845cxl1.png

Reichskriegsflagge - War flag

Official Name = The Third German Reich, Das Dritte Deuches Reich (is my german ok here?)
HoS and HoG = „Führer” Adolf Hitler
Form of Government = Dictatorship of the NSDAP
Situation = Expanding it's territory

POLAND
stateflagpolfr2.png

State flag - National Flag lacks the Coat of Arms

Official Name = The Republic of Poland
HoS = Ignacy Mościcki
HoG = Felicjan Sławoj Składkowski
Form of Government = Republic
Situation = In dire need of help and competent leadership

Germany demands Sudetenland from Czechoslovakia, backed by the Western powers who wish to avoid war
Czechoslovakia folds
Poland leaves the Czechs to Germany - a very dangerous decision
The country is in mourning, Tsar of All the Russias Kyril I Romanov dies!
He is succeeded by H.R.H. Tsar Vladimir I Romanov
Mustafa Kemal Atatürk dies
The Russian State Oil Company, under orders from high up attempts to gain the Baku Oil fields and increase influence over the Azeri government
The Azeris welcome the protection that Russia can offer
Another miraculous breakthrough (how lucky can you get?)
Armand Călinescu forms a new government in Romania
Germany claims Memel
Lithuania accepts
China begs for peace with Japan
Japan creates a rump puppet state in the area
Transamur demands all of the Russian Far East
The demand is categorically refused and Kolchak is told to f**k off
We fail to send spies to Germany, Poland, Ukraine
The Proclamation of Tsar Vladimir makes no additional claims
Germany send word to Russia that it is about to attack Poland
Vladimir and Denikin decide it is best to stop the spread of fascism and side with Poland
Germany is shocked by this statement. Hitler starts shouting he will see his tanks roll on the coast of the Okhotsk Sea
The Eastern Block Alliance is formed. The founding members are: Poland, Ukraine, Russia, Khazakhstan, Turkestan and Azerbaijan
Our troops are being sent to a defendable defensive line
Germany issues an ultimatum to Poland: Danzig of War!
Poland, backed up by Russia, refuses
The Eurasian war has started
Both Russia and Germany have blitz tactics, but both know these will not work, however the organizational bonus will be an important factor in the coming battles

Last edited:
Don't worry. Starting now, screenshots will be abundant. :rolleyes:

Episode V

Location = Somewhere near Warsaw
Scope of Meeting = Recaping War Progress
Russian Participants = Foreign Minister: Pavel Konovalov, Security Minister and Chief of Staff: Mihail Nicolaevich Tukhachevsky
Polish Participants = Foreign Minister: Jósef Beck, Chieff of Staff: Wacław Stachiewicz, Prime-minister and Security Minister: Fełicjan Sławoj-Składkowski

...Konovalov: As we can see by this map the situation is currently stabilized. We have a 2:1 numerical superiority overall, but up to now, our attempts at a breakthrough have failed:
nowqi7.png

(cont.): Between the moment we have signed the agreement, and the onset of war, Russian troops have been traveling to an easily defendable position shown by the red line. This was also the front line after Germany's first blitz. We, knowing what doctrines the Germans would employ, have suggested that Polish troops do a strategic retreat, accomplished only partially. On the 3rd of September our first armored corps arrived at Suwalki. They instantly attacked German positions in Königsberg, with Polish fire support. This allowed for a first pocket that took out 2 German divisions. As the Russian, Khazakh, Turkmeni, Azeri and Ukrainian troops arrived at key points we started pushing back the Germans, but the poor organization of the Central Asian troops, after being redeployed meant the Germans achieved a second blitz, in the middle of winter, during the turn of the years. It's maximum extent is shown here in green. The offensive halted, and the pocket reduced, until at least 7 German divisions were destroyed. After this the front line stabilized at it's current position, neither side managed to make any breakthroughs. Also the Blue line represents the bloodiest battle up to now, the battle for Torun.
frontjc1.png

Stachiewicz: One of our agents operating in Germany has managed to bug Field Marshall Heinz Guderian's coat right after the second pocket was reduced. And this is what we've caught:

Guderian: Mein Führer, I have some serious news for you
Hitler: Spill it quickly, I have to take Blondi to the vet, for an intestinal congestion
Guderian: Ja, right...Remember the blitz that you ordered to be done in the South?
Hitler: Of course, wasn't it a stroke of genius?
Guderian(speaking very very quikly): Well, it failed and at least seven divisions were pocketed
Hitler: WHAT INCOMPETENT GENERAL LED THAT OFFENSIVE? I SHOULD HAVE HIS HEAD CUT OFF!
Guderian: It..it was General....
Hitler: I DON'T CARE WHO IT WAS! (calming) Just tell me what the situation is!
Guderian: Our Army has regruped, Hitlerjurgen divisions have been sent to the front line. The Russians are disorganized, but won't be for long. We are currently waiting orders.
Hitler: WAITING!? ATTACK NOW AND DESTROY THOSE SUB-HUMANS!
Guderian: But we can't do that now!
Hitler: I'M SURROUNDED BY INCOMPETENT FOOLS, WHY CAN'T YOU ATTACK?
Guderian: There are too many Russians and Poles. If we attack now, we will suffer the same fate as before.
HItler: GERMANS ARE ARYANS. DON' YOU THINK THEY CAN HANDLE A HORDE OF INFERIOR PEOPLE?
Guderian: Inferior people with machineguns and cannons, mein Führer!
Hitler: Then send more troops in the area and attack!
Guderian: If we divert more troops from the North, the front line will collapse. We are outnumbered 3:1 there!
Hitler: THOSE TROOPS CAN COME OUT OF MY ASS AS FAR AS I CARE! JUST DO IT!
Guderian: Ja, mein Führer!

(cont.): Fast-forwarding - During this time Guderian rushed towards Rommel's residence. Just before Rommel was about to raise his hand and say: „Heil Hitler!”, Guderian interrupted him:

Guderian: Fuck Hitler! He ordered massive amounts of personnel to divert to the South!
Rommel: But that's suicide!
Guderian: I know. We have to do something, and quick, or he'll have our heads for this.
Rommel: I have an idea - let's send 2-3 divisions to the South, film them, show the film to Hitler and we have soved our problems.
Guderian: For now...

(cont.): After this quite shocking encounter, Guderian forgot his coat was already cleaned, so he gave it to the laudromats, destroying our microphone.

Tuckhachevsky: That Hitler's one crazy son of a bitch!
Beck: Agreed
Sławoj-Składkowski: Seconded
Konovalov: Thirded
Stachiewicz: Fourthed

After the conference, Tukhachevsky and Konovalov had a private meeting:

Tukhachevsky: What I didn't mention was that our unsuccessful attacks were cause by outdated Khazakh and Turkmen tactics, but we can't blame them. The Polish and Ukrainians have systematically chosen to ignore our tactical advice, and keep to their own outdated trench warfare.
Konovalov: I noticed that, but we have to live with it. We'll just have to upgrade all our troops while our allies train more of their own, but don't hold your breath, this may take a while.
Tukhachevsky: And one more thing, if we don't make any significant progress we may need to enlist the help of our Romanian and Czech friends.
Konovalov: Don't worry, I've got that covered, but I don't intend to drag them into a war just yet. On the bright side, the Polish are dealing well with German partizan activity.
Tukhachevsky: Good to know.
nopartpc9.png
czbc4.png
ronx8.png

On a side note, our Air Force minister, Serghey Korenev, caused an outburst of laughter in a meeting with new British prime-minister, Winston Churchill, introducing himself as:

„Ghey, Serghey” :D

And this is where I left off. Starting now I have to play on to get anywhere with the AAR.

Finally got 'round a stupid UKR ai bug! Now:

Episode VI

Armies from Torun and Danzig launch a massive attack in Bydgoszcz. The ratio is 74:21 (see next pic)
The Don-Kuban Union declares war on Menshevik Georgia. It's about time someone took care of them.
bygandcaukeh0.jpg

The Kadets and Social Revolutionaries win the elections. (no pic - big problem though as elections are triggered as if I am a republic. Will later modify HoS to be the Tsar later)
While we couldn't keep our positions in Bydgoszcz, it has provided us with the opportunity of a breakthrough. an opportunity which we exploited. Danzig is being marched on as we speak.
breakxc4.jpg

The mommentum this breakthrough gave us was astonishing. We have to thank the 1st Mechanized Corps, who valiantly defended Czestochowa in spite of superior numbers untill a relief force arrived.
hoooooorayjb6.jpg

Eventually the Germans broke through Czestochowa, but this only gave us the opportunity to encircle some divisions.
encirclepx9.jpg

The 28. Mechanized Corps were later sent to close the pocket, assited by nearby divisions. At this moment we were attacking Kustrin, but to no avail, despite some 5 victories in the general area.
sweepupai0.jpg

We had to retreat our forces in Stettin to Danzig. However now we have the upper hand and all Polish lands have been liberated. It is only a matter of time before we reach Berlin. With this occasion, the Polish President made an official visit to the Tsar's In-Office Residence in the Kremlin.
sitqo3.jpg

In other news, Russian soldiers have sent a collective petition to the Germans to shut Hitler up, as his constant mad barking can be heard even in Krakow, causing them sleep disorders.

Crush3r said:
In other news, Russian soldiers have sent a collective petition to the Germans to shut Hitler up, as his constant mad barking can be heard even in Krakow, causing them sleep disorders.

Heh. :)

Doing well so far. Show the Germans what the Bear can do.

this is your inner voice!
you are a born conqueror! a leader!
you have a destiny! destiny in glory!
but there are people who want to betray you!
remember the revolution and uprisings!
you must eliminate them!
and then slaughter everyone who declines Mother Russia!
teach the world in way of all russians!
yes yes yes world it can be at your mercy!
remember you are a emperror! it is your destiny!

yeah become the bad guy (or just unite Russia plzzzz) ;D

*plays the instrumental to 'Rock the Casbah'*

Kill the Nazis, kill the Nazis...

aussieboy: will do...

Deus Eversor: I'm actually planing to play a not so aggressive game, but I will go to war vs Japan because of Transamur, and there will be some internal political intrigues during the next 8 years that may lead to some conflict later on.

RossN: You'll be surprised what the Poles can do

wilegfass: First heard that joke 5-6 yrs ago....

I'm now renouncing posting dates as they're visible from screenies

Episode VII

After our armies have arrived in Oppeln and rested for a while, A massive attack was launched in to Kustrin from Poznan, supported by armies from Bydgoszcz and Oppeln. With this occasion, I suggest inventing the term: „battle involving front sized forces”:

advdw7.jpg

After taking Kustrin and Stettin, our forces have established a front line equal to the Oder:

oderao2.jpg

But that would not last for long, Breslau would be taken soon, and with it most of what is left of the german airforce:

breslausk8.jpg

A order for 2 new tank divisions has been given:

prodwh0.jpg

With an almost 7:1 advantage we take Stralsund:

attst6.jpg

Episode VII

A few minutes after 17:00 on the 25th of June 1940:

Artillery shells pummel Hitler's bunker in Berlin. Adolf picks up the phone:

„What the fuck is going on?! I told you to divert their artillery fire from the city.”

„Mein führer, this is not long-range artillery from the Oder, it's 75mm, sir.”

„Meaning...?”

„Meaning they are in Berling as we speak!”

---- The microphone broke due to the number of dB -----

That is right, the Battle for Berlin! This time around the Poles are going to lead the way as the forces from Kustrin shall be the ones to be stationed in Berlin. These guys have done well during the last month and practicality and a show of hounour by the Russian side dictated that they be the ones to raise the flag over Berlin (I hope they don't get too cocky, but I have a feeling they will):

bigbattlext0.jpg

The battle was very big, so big that the enemy retreated by late eveing the next day. Hitler was wise enough to do so too:

endedif1.jpg

Studying an earlier battle, we find out that out forces should not be dettered by forts, as they are useless when the enemy is hopelessly outnumbered:

fortsar0.jpg

Meanwhile, in the Caucasus, we missed the event due to a large number of frontline reports, but we saw that the Don-Kuban Union has annexed Georgia. It seems a large nuumber of Georgian divisions were encircled and destroyed at Tuapse. Our govt. has sent a letter of congratulations to the Don-Kuban on the 30th of June. This did not go well with the Russian Menshevik Party and would be a decision the Kadets will live to regret in '44:
caucazeo4.jpg

Houston, we have a problem:

houstonhi2.jpg

Solved by the 14th Army:

savethedayqc5.jpg

We deploy the Ekaterina II in the flegeling Okhotsk fleet. Preparing for Japanese aggresion, despite +50 relations with them:

japanbu0.jpg

The 14th Army rejoins the front line, Polish new recruits are arriving too:

backinactionad1.jpg

Recently I have noticed that Poland, as official leader of the alliance finaly has the quality of a leader by having a larger industrial base that ours and a larger army! They are bringing in record amounts of troops every month! This is getting worrying for us.

Episode VIII​

Sorry for the delay, the internet cable was cut by idiots working to repair the street. Now it's back up:

Hitler was furious at his generals and confidants after the Berlin defeat, Himmler took the brunt of his anger, and as a Field Marshal was relegated to commanding only 2 hopeless divisions

lolzsn0.jpg

All of Saxony is liberated. The Germans are retreating on all fronts

byebyesaxonyek6.jpg

The Germans encircled my troops, but it's nothing to worry about

encircrg3.jpg

I'm beginning to fear the Poles

amazingjn9.jpg

Carving a hole deep in Germany, at least Himmler's pride has been restored

woohoojw9.jpg

Borders before the Treaty of Potsdam

potsdamiw4.jpg

Poland chose to be mild with Germany. I edited the save so thet CZE gets back Sudetenland and LIT Memel, but an error has occured. I'm going to have to flush it out. If not, I'm going to play the segment again, it's not like it will come out any different.

Last edited:
Crush3r said:
Tukhachevsky was decorated for personal courage in the battles. After he was taken prisoner by the Germans in February 1915, he escaped four times from the camps, was captured again, and finally as an incorrigible escapee held in Ingolstadt fortress, where he met another incorrigible - the then captain Charles de Gaulle.

Great historical insight ! And in RL Tukhatchevsky and de Gaulle "met" again, this time on the opposite side of the battleline, during the Red Army offensive on Warsaw. De Gaulle was then part of the French military assistance mission (led by Weygand IIRC) that had been sent to help defend Poland.

Good AAR in the making. Ja strasvoyet Rossiya, as de Gaulle said !