• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sign me up for a Balkan duchy...for now.

EDIT: I think the China problem would be solved with 3 neighbors - Japan, some Indian power and some in Persia and if it's EU3. ;)

Have you ever checked China on EU3 to make such comments? China has brutal Manpower and brutal income compared to either of these.

Also, just tried EU3 multiplayer. Frankly, it is the same as EU2 was when it wasnt patched. But, even worse.

Well, if those, although inferior nations can do some diplomacy, they could set up a barrier, which would hold at least until european powers arrive at the scene.

Ah, Ego, did you read the discussion on page 9? I do believe we reached a decision very similar to what you are proposing, including a bit of population-nerfing, although not as much as you are suggesting.

Okey, if BurningEGO goes Flanders, I guess I'll have to find another Duchy. How about Normandy? :D

I think the duchy rule should be if we do have 2 people in a kingdom they both cant be the directly becomming king of said country duchy.

Normandy is forbidden I believe as it inherits England. ;)

No Normandy please, sorry. :)

Ok, so I went through the thread looking for requests for nations, and I think this is the current roster:

• Blayne : Byzantine or Russian Prince
  • Duke Bryan H : English Duke
  • KoM : Denmark
  • Sabaron : French Duke
  • Binnesman : German Duke
  • El-Wrongo : Norway
  • Lurken : Balkan Duke
  • Carillion : Lorraine
  • Cuthuhulu : English Duke
  • Okawoa : Napoli
  • LordRobbie : No preference stated
  • Ego : Flanders
  • fasquardon : Kappadokia (I think? Some Byzantine duke, anyway.)
  • Sterkarm : Polish Duke
  • Anders : Hasn't found a good one yet
  • binTravkin : Scotland

Of course, this list should be taken with a grain of salt; some of the people in it posted once and haven't been heard from since. (If there are any lurkers in this thread, give a wave!) It seems to me, though, that we have three or so Baltic players (Denmark, Norway, Poland), four or so in Germany, one in southern Italy, three in the British Isles, two or three in Byz and the Balkans, and one in France. This leaves Spain and Russia with quite sparse coverage; I'm not too unhappy with this, though, as it leaves some places we can move players into when they get smashed. I would not be unhappy playing with this initial setup.

I agree with you. If we start dense, people will be conquered, but there would be much space left to fill up, as you said and suggested. Thumbs up!

By the way, I'd like to claim Kiev actually. Seems like a good nation that I haven't really played before. Plus, I like the idea of being the conqueror of Poland for once.

Sheeesh, the China issue seems to be getting a little het up! Not having played against China in MP (in any game) I've not felt I can comment overmuch, but as far as the quality of debate goes, there seems to be a rather high quotient of vitriol to actual communication. Really, I do hope this is unusual.

Other than that, I'm just posting to say I'm still here. First choice still Alexios Komnenos, but depending on the setup in DV, I may prefer to go Russian instead (either the county of Rostov, or possibly Chernigov).

fasquardon

King of Men said:
Ah, Ego, did you read the discussion on page 9? I do believe we reached a decision very similar to what you are proposing, including a bit of population-nerfing, although not as much as you are suggesting.

I hope you understand that the biggest problem of China is the population. China has much room to expand into plus it has godlike population. Why should China have more population then France-Iberia-Scandinavia combined? In your Victorian game China didnt do an outright crap in EU2 and it still had more population then the Spain i left.

this population is in no way able to be used against the majority of human players though.

seriously theres ways of balancing it, deal with it in an ingame perspective

Sid Meier said:
seriously theres ways of balancing it, deal with it in an ingame perspective

Telling us to deal with it in-game makes no sense. If you actually earn a powerful nation by building it, then sure, we'll deal with it in-game. But giving you a nation with so much potential to unbalance the game is just stupid, especially considering that we'd have to drain 3 other players from Europe in what is meant to be a Euro-centric game (I mean that Paradox games are primarily focused on Europe, especially CK and EU, and for good reason). Sid, why can't you just give up on China? Why is it so incredibly important for you to have that country? Stick it out in the Western world with the rest of us.

This is not a Euro centric campaign, its a conversion game, I am not giving up on it, and I am not agreeing to further nerfing then currently agreed between me and KoM.

There are plenty of oppurtunities to stop me, use them when you get the chance, every nation has the potential to unbalance the game and when it happens whose fault is it? The players who let it happen ingame.

Ah, sheesh. Can we please avoid another dang flamewar over the issue? We have agreed on a set of nerfs which will balance China sufficiently; let it go, ok?

I'm not the one bringing it up.