• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Pointless wars, this is Europa. Every war has a point it might not be that obvious though.

Chapter X: Can a get a White Peace to go with my Fries?

Frankfurt: A tale of an angry little German city that could (Magni Mundi IV)
Chapter X: Can a get a White Peace to go with my Fries?
1578 - 1579

Not many words, but lots of pictures (which some I have forgotten to take)

100.png

France rejects my White Peace offer yet again. I have no vassals to release nor do they seem to be able to bother invade my territories. The war drags on.

101.png

Suffice to say, they are hanging out with the Negative 3 Stability Club and have no desire to work on that 10 land tech to even match mine.
Not like it matters since I'm using mostly mercenaries.

102.png

Although France, like Bohemia, uses its allies to invade with meager forces.

103.png

But at least the Swiss wise up to the fact that they are simply fighting someone else's war and go home.

104.png

Meanwhile, I'm hanging out the the nerdy Stability Positive 3 club.
Although my reputation is pretty damn high. I mean... These people attacked me and expect me not to annex them?
Well... There was Saxony *coughs* (even though I didn't annex all of them)
Anyhoos. I'm out of manpower.
Not like it matters since I'm using mostly mercenaries as fodder and disband the disheveled units and rehire them fresh to keep their prices down.

105.png

Pommeria decides that a White Peace ain't so bad after all when Lubeck is using them as a punching bag.

106.png

France is alone now, but they have no intention of ending this damn war.
Well... I'm not the one at -3 Stab.
I can just keep waiting this one out.

107.png

Although... I notice one of my vassals doing something odd.
He taking on France by himself.
But not just that, there are no French forces on the border?
Could it be...

108.png

Oh not now. At least he's got a good diplo rating.
I almost forgot I converted to a Kingdom a while back.
But back to the topic at hand...

109.png

France has no troops left! They must have ran out of manpower too with all the wars in the netherland regions!
Seeing I've got over 10,000 troops and nothing better to do, its time for a road trip!

Thus ends Chapter VIII in which Frankfurt sits around and actually has Allies that are worth something now. Can Vertinox resist Magni Mundi Gold? Where is the latest Dues Vult dev diary? Or has Johan given up and just decided to release DV and thus prematurely ending this AAR.
Find out in Chapter XI: What to do with your best friends in Paris? (all 10,000 of them)

vertinox said:
France has no troops left! They must have ran out of manpower too with all the wars in the netherland regions!
Seeing I've got over 10,000 troops and nothing better to do, its time for a road trip!

Good luck on that trip! Back in the day before patch 1.3 (which upped the ante for peace deals), I was able, as Frankfurt, to make France my vassal in a situation just like yours.

I am enjoying your AAR, a lot! Please keep writing!

Can you bring me back some cheese or wine?

Great stuff!

Normally I avoid AARs in any game like the plague. There's nothing more droll than reading a bunch of statistics about someone else's enjoyment.

Your AAR on the other hand, is quality material and, I believe, maybe even worth a place in my bookmarks. Keep up the good work!

Rushyo said:
Normally I avoid AARs in any game like the plague. There's nothing more droll than reading a bunch of statistics about someone else's enjoyment.

Your AAR on the other hand, is quality material and, I believe, maybe even worth a place in my bookmarks. Keep up the good work!

Why thank you! :D

The many pictures not many words concept is something I barowed from Phargle's CK AAR (which is the reason I bough CK), but I think it works better than lots of words and no pictures *coughs*

But one thing for everyone else... Keep in mind everyone that I have already finished the entire game as Frankfurt up until 1793. I am simply posting 10 pictures a week of the 2gb directory of screen shots maybe once a week (sometimes more if I am not lazy)

So everything that has been done has been done and it is just a matter of me sorting through the relevant screen shots and posting them and writing up the story which I remember to them. (sometimes the "remember what the heck I am doing" is the hard part)

So... Unfortunately there will not be any user input to the AAR since its already finished and I'm not that good with photoshop, but the good news is as long as I don't loose my hard drive, die, or get my hands cut off that the AAR will not simply end because I got tired or my save game crashed. The game is all said and done.

Sadly, I wish I could get the game saves working for Nappy but so far it does not work correctly so I am giving up that idea. I think I might end up having a TO AAR when the Magni Mundi gold updates settle down and I might run two separate AARs once I finish that game too.

Unless of course CK-DV takes my fancy, but don't worry the AARs won't stop because I got all the screens I need. Its just a matter of getting them uploaded and posted.

Sweboy said:
Any news from Frankfurt?

Tomorrow I shall do some updates. Too much real life stuff going on... And CK.

Chapter XI: How is Paris this time of year?

Chapter XI: How is Paris this time of year?
1579 - 1580

Not many words, but lots of pictures (which some I have forgotten to take)

110.png

France isn't completly beaten.
They must have bought some mercs at Costco.

111.png

Nothing between here and our free bread at dinner.

112.png

On a normal day in the long wars I would have said yes.
But seeing of all the times I spammed you for white peace no one bothered to listen...

113.png

...and made me walk all the way out here to lay siege...

114.png

...well... *taps foot* ...and made me walk all the way out here to assault your city...

115.png

...I expect some compensation.

116.png

Thank you.

117.png

Ok now that that is done.
I suppose we can focus on cooling down for the time being.
Keeping around 10,000 mercs is kind of costly.

118.png

And I've got half my BB points used up and still "Enemy of the Emperor".

119.png

And I need to research a bit!

Thus ends Chapter XI in which Frankfurt actually has an updated AAR. Seeing that Vertinox has started a new AAR can he do both at an reasonable time or will he be a lazy bum. Speaking of which what is there for Frankfurt to do now? Form Germany? Become HRE? Or will his photobucket account explode because he likes to post pictures of only a year per post equaling over 1,000 pictures?!
Find out in Chapter XII: I can't remember!

Chapter XII: The End
1580-1793

Not many words, and not many pictures.

EU3_1863.png

Its been about two years since I last updated. I sort of got sidetracked with life, but I said I would finish and finish I have. Since this was before NA the year ended in 1793 before I could expand to form Germany, but seeing how Magni Mundi makes if very realistic (mostly) in expansion terms, it was rather a challenge to make it this far.

I cannot wait til they create their own stand alone game...

Thus ends Chapter XII in which Frankfurt takes over central Germany but still hasn't defeated France or Bohemia for time constraints. (and the fact that the NA version of Magni Mundi was not save game compatible) Some day... Some day...

I'm glad you rezzed this thread, just so I, a relative newcomer, had the opportunity to read this excellent AAR.

Well thanks. :D

I was doing a virus scan the other day and notice it was scanning my folder of screenshots... Then I realized I never posted the final set. Forgetting exactly what I was doing and being lazy, I figured the final screen-shot would suffice.

This old version of MM was quite different than the new ones, but its still quite a challenge for an aggressive minor but is still doable over 300 years or so. I found this more fun than most of my WC HTTT games. Not to say HTTT isn't fun... Its just not as complex as MM.

Maybe I'll try a redo a new Frankfurt AAR with MM stand alone goes gold as I am getting more free time with life again.