• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm working on mine and since it is first I need some advices... How would you translate "Chef d'Etat-major" ? I put Headquarters Leader"... but I have no clue regarding such specific vocabulary. Thx :)

You guys need any more event writers? I am not a pro, but i can do non-complex events. Im sure i could learn to do more complex ones as well. The only thing is i do not speak french, only spanish and english. -Leon
P.S.
As said earlier, i have done events in the "grand event request thread".

Thx George.

I think we should work by pair to create or translate event. A French native speaker with an English native speaker. It would avoid many absurdities.

Edit: Some events are in the present tense, other at the past... I think present is much better since when the event happen it's like a news and not like romanced 60 years later :)

Last edited:
Chef d'Etat-major

I think it does not mean head of state or anything like it,
it means, army supreme leader (air, land and sea). In Romania we have "Sef de stat major" after the french model... This means, the second in comand after the President/King, the military expert that runs the operations

in Hoi it is the Chef of Army (though, he takes car only of land operations here)

koenig12 said:
No it is Head of staff

Actually it would be Head of General Staff, to emphasize its military character. Head of staff vy itself, is more appropriate for businesses, schools etc.

IndoEsia45 said:
Koenig, i just want to confirm that, do you receive my translated file or not ?

You didn't receive my confirmation mail?
If not, yes i received the translated file and I'd like to thank you.
Your exeptional work during the translation workshop really helped me a lot :)

@ all, I'm just waiting for a few translated sentences. And Saturday I'll create the new compilation(the exe file) and after a general test the new version in English will be released...at last.

koenig12 said:
You didn't receive my confirmation mail?
If not, yes i received the translated file and I'd like to thank you.
Your exeptional work during the translation workshop really helped me a lot :)

@ all, I'm just waiting for a few translated sentences. And Saturday I'll create the new compilation(the exe file) and after a general test the new version in English will be released...at last.
:(

koenig12 said:
Why :( ?
The new version will be released on Saturday

It's all about relativity.

If you're with a beutiful women, an hour feels like a second, but if you put your hand into a fire, one second feels like an hour. And probably, for him, until saturday is like next year, so I guess you could take that as a compliment. :D

May I ask, just to tease my interest, are there many alternative paths with the post war events? Perhaps a possible war between Sweden and the Soviets? Up here in the north, we feared for almost 40 years that the Soviet Union was just days from invading us. :p

Playing the french 1.3 with comm china, i noticed some things that are quite weird, to say the least. By mid 1938 i had annexed all other chinese states, kicked the japs out of the continent, conquered their metropolitan islands and taiwan, as well as siam....But nothing fired! By early 1939, after i had allied myself with ussr, i released PR Korea (without that small island, still japanese), annexed siam, and finally puppeted japan to end the war.
So, here comes a stalinist japan, that keeps all the imperial events!!! It changes governments by events and even demands vietnam from vichy france in 1940, not giving me those 2 provs. i had claims on. And it gets even weirder, since a coup d' etat in 1940 switches them back to a fascist government, even bringing Hirohito back as head of government!!! And since they wont unpuppet themselves, the Commintern ended up with a fascist empire/ comm. chinese puppet in its fold!!!!
At that point my logical circuits were fried, so i quit the game to come here and suggest we do something about it. Obviously, in the case of an early comm. china victory, all this event line should have been neutralized. By the way, comm china is in urgent need of military leaders of all categories, some more resources and more events for the end of the unification of the country early on...Maybe a change of flag as well.
Moreover, it is imperative that we create fall of the japanese empire event for cases like the one described. I mean, i had all of their metropolitan lands and they did not seem to be affected. At some point they had a 60+ fleet, supplied by a 0/0 industrial capacity! I suppose there must exist an analogous event for an american conquest of mainland japan, so we should create a mirror event for a chinese conquest as well.