• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Now i have played for a while with this mod, first less good things:

1. Less events, now there is almost one event happening each day. This slows down the game and is just annoying.

2. German manpower is really low, it should be higher

3. German researchteams are weaker now, how come?

4. Dissenevents make the mod almost unplayable. When the dissent goes up and down for each day is not fun at all, just really annoying.

Good things

1. The graphic has really been improved
2. This 33 mod is a really good idea, it should have been integrated in the game.
3. Interesting with new slots on the reserachtree.

I hope you can take my comments in the right way. I do really appreciate your efforts but i think there could be improvments.

GrauerStar said:
Hello again!

I've got a problem, which needs a short explanation.

Playing as Sweden, I established the Scandinavian Union - or Scandinavia - and, strenghtening my economy, waited for the moment to strike... Shortly after the Wehrmacht had conquered Poland, starting WW II, the Soviets annexed Estonia. Following my guaranteed independence for Estonia (and searching for a reason to wipe away the Reds) I declared war upon the Soviets. Before, in spring 1939, I had made Latvia my allied. So we're fighting together against the Red Army. But then, in late November '39, an event - obviously - forces both Latvia and Lithuania to be annexed by the USSR (although at least Latvia is still fighting on my side) and that's total crap! I'm really upset because the war is going well for us and the latvian forces are truly needed. That silly event destroys the whole southern front! How can Latvia be annexed although their forces had almost doubled their territory? So my question is: How can I deactivade that damn russian event (I think it's name is "Annexation of Latvia") which triggers that absolutely soft-headed annexation? Thanks in advance!

I'm gonna have a look to correct this issue.

1. Less events, now there is almost one event happening each day. This slows down the game and is just annoying.

Some people find them necessary not to get bored before wartime. And they are mainly historic so if you love History...

2. German manpower is really low, it should be higher

We add that to respect the historic way (Versailles treaty), and you have the Umbau, the reamement program which provide some MP (about 700 MP).

3. German researchteams are weaker now, how come?

Not really, they are almost the strongest in Mod33, just compare with other countries.

4. Dissenevents make the mod almost unplayable. When the dissent goes up and down for each day is not fun at all, just really annoying.

It concern mainly France and Germany and it has benn done to respect the historic facts.

The events and the unsteady dissent are not annoying at all! They make the Mod challenging and interesting. Okay, in 1933 the dissent (in Germany) is very high and you have to run into debts (at least if you want to invest in science), but that's - in my opinion - very atmospheric and informative, as well (all those texts and informations! :D ). To challenge HoI2 not only military but economic and domestically in these dimensions is a total new aspect to the game. I LOVE all those events, because if I disliked complex and difficult games I'd play Pacman or Tetris :rolleyes: .

@koenig12: I'm sure that "mistake" (the annexation of the baltic states) already exists in the HoI2 Vanilla game, it's not a Mod33's bug or something I think. I thought someone might give me a hint ("just open file XY and delete YZ..." something like that). I didn't want to come across as impolite.

Last edited:
I've played a little experiment, I allied USSR with FRA and ENG in 39 and declared war on GER via event after they invaded poland...
The thing is that in 2 months the folowing countries joined the axis: Romania Hungary Bulgaria Yougoslavia :)confused: ) Portugal Italy and nat Spain
And Germany is invincible, They defeted 42 inf and arm with 12 inf :confused:

At the french border there are only the german garrison dinvs and france does nothing when the bulk of the axis forces ar in belarus.
Dont know why, I've encountered this only in mod 33: barbarossa is hard as hell, in in both situations, maybe I don't know to play but I've conquered russia around 8 times in other mods and vanilla :D

i played as the US, and entered the war in 1942. by that time, Germany had conquered Republic Spain, Moscow, and are about to take Stalingrad and Leningrad (surrounded both) Still the USSR has an IC of around 950, and Germany has around 1100. I have 450. I invaded the Japanize homeland and their IC dropped from 550 to 30???? Their puppet China is stronger than they are! Is this all normal?

koenig12 said:
Some people find them necessary not to get bored before wartime. And they are mainly historic so if you love History...

We add that to respect the historic way (Versailles treaty), and you have the Umbau, the reamement program which provide some MP (about 700 MP).

Not really, they are almost the strongest in Mod33, just compare with other countries.

It concern mainly France and Germany and it has benn done to respect the historic facts.

I'm a fan of history, and I love it, but a balance between history and gameplay is necessary. I think that relatively unimportant events that only effect dissent with a +1 or -1 should be cut, unless they add to a chain later. To paraphrase another member, the name of whom I cannot remember, it's fun at first, but it gradually you just start to think "How much dissent is it this time?"

Keep the flavour, cut the fat. ;)

Instead I like the events fine. It is really interesting and instructive.

EMFM said:
I'm a fan of history, and I love it, but a balance between history and gameplay is necessary. I think that relatively unimportant events that only effect dissent with a +1 or -1 should be cut, unless they add to a chain later. To paraphrase another member, the name of whom I cannot remember, it's fun at first, but it gradually you just start to think "How much dissent is it this time?"

Keep the flavour, cut the fat. ;)

i also like the events...

i just noticed that there is mod 34 as well, what are some of the differences between mod 33 and 34?

gamer15436 said:
i also like the events...

i just noticed that there is mod 34 as well, what are some of the differences between mod 33 and 34?

1 year :p

i get confused for installing the files. First in the official website theres ver1.2 add on , and in this thread theres 1.2 debug file , are they the same thing ?

Or are the debug files the Armageddon patch ? since they have the same file size >< ?

And theres also a Armageddon patch for this mod , what new features does it have ?

can i have a clear installation instruction please >< ?

PS: i only want to play with English version but i see the Armageddons patch is French or something >< is it only for French right now ?

Last edited:
rwglaub said:
What is the difference between the two scenarios in the mod? I know one is historical 1933. What is the other?'

The other one "guerre des mondes " or "war of the wolrds" is bugged right now. It has been made with HoI2 and not DD so you may expect some CTD while playing with it.