• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(63461)

Marshal of ***33
Dec 11, 2006
www.strategium-alliance.com
Mod33 for Doomsday and Arma

As you may be saw it on thread "question about mod33", we are currently developping translation to English (within september for the the german files), and a new version 0.2 with a brand new bugfix.
Currently it remains some issues but so few that we are claiming proudly that we have a very stable version :cool: .
We are working on AI files (to delete issues due to DD), and we are trying to improve the new ground fighting mod.

I think that Mod33 should have it's own thread to allow everybody to discuss about.

Last edited:
I've heard good things about the mod, so I'd love to try out an english version!

I don't know any french, but I'd be happy to fix possible spelling errors and the like, if you would have me!

Edit: On second reading, I somehow misread French as German, I'd be happy to translate German if it's possible! :rofl:

Last edited:
I'm sorry for being stupid or missunderstading your post, but do you mean that your 0.2 version have translated Mod33 to english already? Or will it be to september? Or is it the german files that have been translated or ready in september?

Great work in that case indeed, always wanted to try Mod33, but never got around, since it was on french, which I don't master and babelfish isn't really so fun to use...

:)

i think he means the german game files will be translated in september and later on they wil start translating the rest of the game files

This mod is great! It has like depth or something, I can't quite put my finger on it. Anyway a couple of things.....

Playing as UK I decided to do an ahistorical early 41 operation husky because there wasn't much action (on a side note, Italy seems to have loads of divisions. I don't know if that was true IRL. And for some reason they are still easy to beat...). Long story short, no Italian Peace out events for ages, then when they come... the entire european theater comes to a halt... Everyone gets a white peace via event, even the USSR. RSI is created and Italy is released from my grasp. The war didn't continue. Also Japan smoked china. So I'm looking at an axis dominated world at peace. In addition to that Japan never DoW US so I'm all alone basically and it is past 1942 I believe.

I also noticed that Germany has severe trouble trying to advance against the USSR. Is there an event that gets rid of German divisions, because it seems like there is a huge drop when barbarossa begins. That coupled with the fact that the Germans always seem to garrison the Siegfred line and France to what I believe are ahstiorical levels that early in the war, leads to a severe lack of forces on the eastern front. In that UK game for example, the Sovjets are right outside Berlin already.

Also, if you ever tried to play the Alien Invasion Scenario, does it not crash for you? because I havent played a game yet that didn't crash.

One last thing IIRC, in some of the major world changing events(the ones in red) that i've noticed, the AI chances are like 85 historical, 15 ahistorical. Perhaps these should be lowered to create a more historical game. Just my humble opinion.

P.S. I have no idea is this is the correct place to post this but I don't feel like signing up for the strategium alliance forum. And this is a really great mod!

Black Lotus said:
Did you guys fix the "can't change leaders till 1936" bug?

I'm modding on this mod from about 18 months and I have never heard something about this kind of bug.
Could you please precise your question :rolleyes:

In mod 34 I know that you can't change your leaders from 1934 till the start of 1936, I assumed that mod 33 had the same problem.

Fernando Torres said:
You can also post on SAF in english, we won't eat you :) .

So, did you try the bugfix 4 for 0.2?
About the traduction, the moddeurs are working. :cool:

Sorry for the slow response. I can speak french fluently (at least in theory :p ) so no big if it is translated or not. But where can I download the bugfix, I can't seem to find it on the website.

[edit] I was reading on the SAF that someone said the models only go to 10 and no one seemed to point out that if you skip model 11, you can go higher. Maybe someone should let all the modders know because I wouldn't want a thing like that to hold back such a great mod.

Last edited:
koenig12 said:
Have a look to my signature, you'll find out the direct link to the bugfix n°4 which include n°1-2 & 3 modifications

:rofl: Thank you. Leave it to me to miss the blatantly obvious.

Aristotelis said:
Does d-day happen historically with Mod33 (I remember something like thin in the USA ai file...)???

Yes it happens but not really historicaly; it depends from triggers to happen effectively.

rcduggan said:
so is the english translation done or in progress?

I'm kind of working on it, translating the German files (just wish I had more time) but I think, it'll take some time still.... sorry... you know how many events are there!!!

Another thing I wanted to ask is: where is the changelog for version 0.2??? I cannot find it on-line... Did you guys change the AI? Because I think I remember there was something weird about UK (usually it wouldn't defend Alexandria against Italy and would pile up dozens of divisions on Malta...).

koenig12 said:
As you may be saw it on thread "question about mod33", we are currently developping translation to English (within september for the the german files), and a new version 0.2 with a brand new bugfix.
Currently it remains some issues but so few that we are claiming proudly that we have a very stable version :cool: .
We are working on AI files (to delete issues due to DD), and we are trying to improve the new ground fighting mod.

I think that Mod33 should have it's own thread to allow everybody to discuss about.

So is V 0.2 in English or not?

And is this Armageddon compatible? I just recently installed it.

# Edit

Faster link please. I don't feel like waiting a half an hour for something that does not even gaurantee is in English for my mono-lingual ass.

Last edited: