• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Johan said:
Code:
controlled_by = <tag/this/from>
has_empty_adjacent_province= yes/no
ai = yes/no
province_id = <num>

-does this mean the controller = {} had issues? (seemed like it to me)
-can we now colonize or explore empty neihbor province now with a event?
- lol,there goes some of the AI/human deciding events.....
- whats the province_id = 808? (compared to 808 = {} ) maybe a trigger that says 'if province id is 808 then trigger is passed' ?

Last edited:
I wonder what the icons in the lower right, just above the mini map are. Alliance offers with a new symbol? Or perhaps to see the war screen that was shown in one of the earlier diaries?

Will there be any improvements in the way instability is handled? (IE: Currently large AI empires are too stable, and there is very little of a sense of "Rise and fall" for most empires)

Darken said:
- whats the province_id = 808? (compared to 808 = {} ) maybe a trigger that says 'if province id is 808 then trigger is passed' ?

I guess this means we will now be able to target an event towards a specific province

Johan said:
Code:
truce_with = <tag>
overseas_provinces_percentage = <percent> 
placed_merchants = num
trade_income_percentage = <percent>
gold_income_percentage = <percent>
at_war_with_religious_enemy = yes/no
has_border_with_religious_enemy = yes/no
has_empty_adjacent_province= yes/no
has_ruler = <name>
has_leader = <name>
number_of_colonies = <num>
can_create_vassals = <yes>
is_possible_vassal = tag
vassal_of = <tag>
alliance_with = <tag/this/from>
marriage_with = <tag/this/from> 
trade_agreement_with = <tag/this/from>
trade_embargo_by = <tag/this/from>
junior_union_with = <tag/this/from>
senior_union_with = <tag/this/from>

This could lead to creation of very VERY interesting events! :D
Me happy!
Thanks guys!

I'm still pretty new at EUIII - what's the advantage of consolidating those regiments ? I had in my last game some 0 troop regiments which I didn't choose to fill up by means of maintenance.

If you consolidate your regiments - you'll lower the max. capacity of your troops - and I Don't think it makes a difference on maintenance budget as you actually pay for the amount of troops in the field - not the amount of regiments.

:confused:

Spruce said:
I'm still pretty new at EUIII - what's the advantage of consolidating those regiments ? I had in my last game some 0 troop regiments which I didn't choose to fill up by means of maintenance.

If you consolidate your regiments - you'll lower the max. capacity of your troops - and I Don't think it makes a difference on maintenance budget as you actually pay for the amount of troops in the field - not the amount of regiments.

:confused:
It means that if you have two 500 men regiments, named A and B, and choose to consolidate them - all the men from B will transfer to A leaving the B regiment with 0 man so you can disband it/try to wait until it refills, and the A regiment will have full strength again - 1000 men.

ZmajOgnjeniVuk said:
It means that if you have two 500 men regiments, named A and B, and choose to consolidate them - all the men from B will transfer to A leaving the B regiment with 0 man so you can disband it/try to wait until it refills, and the A regiment will have full strength again - 1000 men.

I think you are mistaken on the part where you say that regiment b will then have 0 men. Instead I believe that regiment b would be disbanded, leaving only a. The advantage is that in battle only regiments adjacent to enemy regiments will fight. Therefore, an army of 10,000 soldiers made up of 10 regiments is much deadlier than an army of 10,000 soldiers made up of 20 regiments. This is because in any given round only 12 of the 20 regiments in the second army could ever fight whereas all of the first army's regiments could fight. Also, this may be useful with mercenaries, allowing you to reduce the cost without disbanding regiments.

Bismark776 said:
I think you are mistaken on the part where you say that regiment b will then have 0 men. Instead I believe that regiment b would be disbanded, leaving only a. The advantage is that in battle only regiments adjacent to enemy regiments will fight. Therefore, an army of 10,000 soldiers made up of 10 regiments is much deadlier than an army of 10,000 soldiers made up of 20 regiments. This is because in any given round only 12 of the 20 regiments in the second army could ever fight whereas all of the first army's regiments could fight. Also, this may be useful with mercenaries, allowing you to reduce the cost without disbanding regiments.
So that increases battle efficiency? Good to know that :)
I'll bet you it will also lower 'discipline' :)

comagoosie said:
Bravo! if you ask me that was one long holiday :p . Just kidding. The discipline is going to bring the game a whole new idea. Wait! I think one of the ideas from a early dev-diary might be to increase discipline (the one with those guys with tall black hats.) Can't wait to see what the new artists have brought to this awesome game.

I think you are right !

Hmmm...Strange how almost nobody speculated over this:
coa.jpg

Or is that something I missed from previous Dev. diaries?

Reinforcement and maintenance

Hi all, it would be great if in Napoleon's you can also include a reinforcement priority; something like the one in HoI2.

Also, the capability to keep a some regiments/ armies with maximum maintenance while the rest of the army is at 50%; so during peace time, you can keep your massive army in low maintenance while you still have some elite troops ready in case of rebellions

Thanks for the update Johan. Much appreciated.

basharious said:
Excellent diary. I am quite excited. I am also very curious about the crescents on the bottom right corner?! any thoughts?!
That's probably either requests for alliances, or the current alliances you have?

Discipline sounds like a fantastic idea. :p

Also, great news to hear about the new artists! :D

basharious said:
Excellent diary. I am quite excited. I am also very curious about the crescents on the bottom right corner?! any thoughts?!

They open the war overview we´ve already seen in a previous diary.

It would be nice if higher discipline lowers the losses by attrition and in exchange lowers reinforcements...
Just a thought :D