• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Quanto

Major
80 Badges
Jul 13, 2006
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Lead and Gold
Phase I: Rome's Defeat​

It was during the battle of Actium where Egypt would find itself fully independent once more, and Rome would suffer her first ever major defeat. The rivalry between Octavian (Ceasar's successor) and Marc Antony reached a boiling point. Octavian and other romans were furious with how Marc Antony had simply gave away many of Rome's far eastern Mediterranean possession's to the "sorceress queen" of Egypt, Cleopatra VII.

In Actium the two fleets of Marc Antony and Octavian collided, and despite the superiority of tactics and technology in the Roman ships, it was Cleopatra's determination and bravery in the battle that lead to a Roman Defeat. The Egyptians then had a good portion of the Eastern Roman empire under their control, and Rome was impotent to prevent Egypt from keeping them. Octavian suffered an embarrassing defeat and a power struggle for a new successor soon followed.

While Cleopatra was fighting more for her love of Marc Antony than actual love for her nation, the result of the battle left Egypt the strongest it had been in centuries. Once a nation on the decline, Egypt was suddenly a regional power on par with that of Rome.

Despite her victory however, she was still to be the last of the Ptolemaic Pharaohs, Cleopatra's victory over Rome with Marc Antony made them both overconfident in their rule over the nation. They still did little to improve life for the Native Egyptians living under them. As a result, what started as just another uprising (there were many under Ptolemaic rule) finally ended in a full overthrow of the Hellenic ruling class and reinstated Native Egyptian rule in the year 14 BC, the Romans, who tried to take advantage in the sudden change in Egyptian government attempted to invade Alexandria and take the symbolic city.

However the Egyptian people were not about to allow themselves to be taken over by yet another foreign power, and defeated the Roman Army outside the city. It was a sloppy battle for both sides, but the Egyptian determination to stay Egyptian won out the day in the end. Rome would never again attempt to take control of the world's oldest Civilization.

Following that victory, the new Egyptian leader, Pharaoh Amyrtaeus II, sought to reunite all of Egypt once again. While Amyrtaeus was not his original name, he took it as a way to relate the overthrow of Hellenic rule with that to the actions of Amyrtaeus who overthrew the Persians in 404 BC. In the year 8 BC he launched his reunion campaign and it was completed only two years before the birth of Christ. This new union of the two Egypts had officially begun the start of what would be called the "Forth Kingdom" and also the 34th Dynasty.

Next: Phase II: The breakup of Rome & Egypt Resists Christianity

Last edited:
Hey guys,
Yeah, I know I haven't finished my Chilean AAR yet, but I was getting frustrated with my allies so I needed a break from that one. I'll finish it eventually but for now I wanted to do something no one's done yet, and that is an Ancient Egypt in the modern world AAR :D

The general idea came out of a Roman Empire in the Modern World AAR that was written by Technique.

Link:http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291946.

It was really good but was never finished :( Lets hope that this one does!

I have the actual Ancient Egypt country finished in HOI and is working, I haven't started the campaign yet however.
It will be
Normal/Normal
Egypt's starting IC will be around 29ish and will have good relations with the doomed Ethiopia and Turkey (I'll explain why for both later)
Egypt is going to be Paternal Autocrat with poor relations with the UK/France Allies and Mild relations with the Axis (that doesn't necessarily mean that I'll be going Axis tho :D )
I spent about two weeks doing a lot of research into the language and history of the ancient Egyptians and I think I pulled off a pretty good representation of what they could be like in the modern world.

Oh and unlike my Chilean AAR, the techteams will have normal stats :D

To be nice, I'll give you guys proof of my nation modding completion.

National Boundries: Damn Brits!
image001ao9.jpg

Sliders and Ministers: All hail Pharaoh Panebwemet II!
image002rx3.jpg

Tech Teams: Need to build up that IC!
image003jt4.jpg

And thats it for now. My next update should come tomorrow. I got to go to sleep nows :X

Last edited:
lol Nebibits pic.

You have no idea how hard it was to get some good "Photos" of people in Ancient Egyptian outfits. I went to a lot of Costume Shop websites and downloaded a lot of corny pictures :D

Cool! I've always been fascinated by Egypt since I went there. I will definitely follow this AAR. :cool:

Freddan

Huh...how interesting. Though its amazing really that Britain, France, and all the other modern states still exist with the Roman Empire failing to capture Egypt. ;)

SeanB said:
Huh...how interesting. Though its amazing really that Britain, France, and all the other modern states still exist with the Roman Empire failing to capture Egypt. ;)

This case is very difficult time and space violation and nobody knows why ahistorical Egypt got to pretty historical grand strategy game. It is the mystery...

Qenna and Khuenbik look like the same guy to me.

Great start, though.

Phase II: Christianity and the Collapse of Rome (29 AD - 475 AD)​

Following the creation of the Forth Kingdom, Egypt entered a new period of stability and prosperity. The first few successors to Amyrtaeus II focused primarily on improving the daily lives of the Egyptian people. The Kingdom was unified once again and it was important that the new 34th Dynasty gain the support and love of the people. While some rulers were better than others, many historians attest that the 34th Dynasty was best to come in hundreds of years.

However, despite the progress that is boasted by the scribes and historians of the period, the progress that was actually made only brought Egypt back to its former power, and not much beyond.

During the time of this reconstruction, the Roman Republic faced more problems arising from the Asia Minor region. While little attention was given to the execution of a particular individual, the effects of it a few hundred years later would change the face of the Norther Mediterranean. Christianity as it was eventually called, changed the face of the Roman republic and eventually lead to it being split in two. East and West. The split was primarily caused by a general intolerance between the "Christians" and those who followed the traditional Roman and Greek religions. Ultimately the Christian side won out in the end.

For Egypt however, the outcome was different. The Pharaoh of the period Amenemses III (320 - 360 AD), decided that to prevent the provocation of violence between the Native Egyptian Religion and the new Christians, that a level of tolerance would be accepted within the Egyptian Empire. From there a large number of obscure sects within the Christian Faith had actually begun to move to Egypt to escape persecution from the Fundamentalists in Rome. These "heretics" were few in number and did not interfere in the daily Egyptian life and politics. As a result of Amenemses' tolerance, (and the tolerance of his successors) the Egyptian Religion would continue to exist at least within the borders of the Empire.

The Polytheistic Religions of Europe however, would not share the same fortune.

Next: Phase III: The Arab Invasion & New Conquests

Ancient Egypt in 1936!! Could it be more original? Well. If you want to give yourself cores on what the Pharaohs ruled during their biggest expension, remember than most of Syria and Palestine, all the region between the Nile and the Red Sea, northern Sudan (Nubia) and the Western Desert (important commercial oasis cities of Selima, Dakleh, Siwa, Farafrah and more..), the Sinaï, and even Cyprus where Egyptians.

May this be my little contribution:

A province picture for Cairo, wich look a bit less 'years 2000' and more 'ancient':

illprov903pk9.png

Use it if you want.

Good luck, i'll definitivly be following this.

Last edited: