• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Revolt-Revolution-Reform, Krakow seems to be on a way to self-destruction. 80% of Ashkenazic Jews and 20% of Ukrainians already left the country. Now even Polish miners could not bare the chaos and hight tax, and began their exodus. It seems that before long, Krakow will no long exist, even without foreign invasion.

Fortunately, not everybody had been doing nothing but throwing missiles at each other. Economists succeeded in a new business invention called stock exchange. The government immediately realised the importance of this invention. Quickly, the first ever IPO in Krakow took place. The company is called Krakow Fortune Capital, or KFC.
kfc-logo.jpg

KFC is a largely state controlled venture capital inspired by the success of British East India Company. The logo is in red and white, associated to Poland's national flag. The smiley face is to differentiate KFC from British East Indian Company's brutal colonial expansion. Acknowledging that there not much space to develop in their home Polish territories, Krakow people understood that they must go beyond Europe.

Outside Krakow, lots of things happened as well. Texas lost their war against formidable Mexico. Under a humiliating treaty, Texas lost significant land and population to Mexico. France annexed Aldjazair. Russia annexed Georgia. UK is in war against Punjab. It is only a matter of time to see another annexation. Back in Europe. The Netherlands lost their war against Belgian nationalists.

KFC took the initiative to sell stock exchange invention to The Netherlands. After a hard bargain, the deal was signed. Krakow received their first colonial claim - Sandalwood in South East Asia plus a small fortune. Soon, our friend in Japan reported Shogun's interest in Sandalwood. KFC agreed to offer commercial technology and Sandalwood to Japan in exchange of Japan's colonial claims on South Sakhalin and Amami, Ryukyu.
holjapdv5.jpg

When proceeds of the deals were sent back to Krakow, people began to realise the value of technology advance. The government decided to use most of the proceeds to establish Catholic University of Krakow, or CUK. Students, most of them Polish miners before, were requested to study theology and other subjects, therefore widely regarded as clergymen.
cukuk4.jpg
Together with Austria-controlled Lvov, Krakow has always been the culture centre of Poland after the partitions, because Polish were officially banned in education in Prussia and Russia occupied Poland. Now Krakow emerged to be a world class research centre by producing more than 2 RP's per month!

Last edited:
wargames said:
How about the Colours Revolutions in former USSR countries?

In all the countries subjected to those non-violent-freedom-of-speech revolutions, the primary purpose was always resistance against a corrupt / despotic government, ie internal issues. In fact, revolutions even if supported of confirm internationally are always national issues, as a revolution refers to a radical change in the political world of one nation.
That's why I found the way you used revolutions quite amusing and interesting.
'Learned something new about Ricky gameplay strategies...

VonTrapp said:
lol I love the new company name. KFC :rofl: Great job on getting those colonies!

Really good stuff. ;)

wargames said:
KFC took the initiative to sell stock exchange invention to The Netherlands. After a hard bargain, the deal was signed. Krakow received their first colonial claim - Sandalwood in South East Asia plus a small fortune. Soon, our friend in Japan reported Shogun's interest in Sandalwood. KFC agreed to offer commercial technology and Sandalwood to Japan in exchange of Japan's colonial claims on South Sakhalin and Amami, Ryukyu.

You'll want to bought it from Russia? When not, what is a colonial claim?
Will you further improve some from it?

KFC - niiiice :rofl:. Now i see other KFC - named organisation.

M4 Emperior said:
You'll want to bought it from Russia? When not, what is a colonial claim?
Will you further improve some from it?

KFC - niiiice :rofl:. Now i see other KFC - named organisation.
Why Russia? The other half of Sakhalin is in Chinese hands. I will eventually buy it from China. "Colonial claim" I mean colonial buildings like fort, mission, coaling station etc. In 1836 scenario, there is a Chinese colonial building in North Sakhalin and a Japanese one in South Sakhalin. Historically the whole Sakhalin was in Chinese control until The Treaty of Peking in 1860.

The forming and floatation of KFC brought Krakow people a hope. Although unrest had its momentum and there was another round of revolt on the New Year of 1838, people were taking it less seriously. A few people just took the chance of lawlessness to enjoy some sort of freedom. Out of the country, attitudes from other countries towards Krakow have also greatly changed. Both monarchies and constitutional monarchies saw Krakow as a potential ally and an important arena to fight against the opposition camp, hence putting more and more effort in bilateral relationships.

On 1 May 1838, chaos of Krakow came to an end. Monarchy was again restored after the fourth revolution within two years. The king immediately banned public meeting and more importantly, removed voting rights to prevent further uncertainty. Upper classes, who were supporters of the ruling Catholic Party, were extremely happy on this decision. To win hearts and minds of labours, the king invested heavily to offer the best healthcare in the world. All monarchies across the world were excited by the final victory of royalist in Krakow. Relationships between Krakow and all monarchies reached +200. Constitutional monarchies like UK and Belgium were also nice to Krakow. Only hard line demo-crazy countries like USA and Mexico were hostile to Krakow. Who cares! They are far far away and they don't even like each other!

Ottoman Empire, although recently turned into constitutional monarchy by a reform event, even proposed defensive alliance to Krakow. Having a strong ally against the big foe of Austria is always a good thing. Krakow happily accepted the alliance, which is invalid against Russia, though. Modena also offered a military alliance invalid against Austria. Krakow declined.
krakowrelationswz3.png

Baneslave said:
Maybe its Hamburger the Great Power? :D

Well, anyway, great update, I hope you actually manage to do something cool like... World conquest, anyone?
Krakow's world conquest? That is a bit beyond my goals, but not unachievable. I'd prefer a World Acquisition by KFC. :D

After the successful acquisition of Japanese claims in Sakhalin and Ryukyu, there is a brand new opportunity for Krakow. Krakow and China now each holds half of Sakhalin and Ryukyu. If we swap colonial buildings, not only 2 provinces can be claimed as colonies, but a considerable amount of prestige can be won. Krakow will have more than 25 prestige points to win more diplomatic points every year.

The CEO of KFC even had a more ambitious plan. He convinced Chancellor de Exchequer to lend him £3500 from treasury, so that Krakow can pay in cash without giving up neither of Sakhalin and Ryukyu. In consideration of Krakow's daily income of under £1, this is a huge investment. Nevertheless, King backed KFC. Deal was done!

sakhalinmf3.jpg

KFC could not afford to get both Sakhalin and Ryukyu at one time. Since the residents in Sakhalin are Manchu, which are actually of the same culture of Chinese royal family, KFC went for Sakhalin first. By getting Tuva and Sakhalin in hand, Krakow's total population tripled! More over, because now Krakow has more than 3 provinces, Krakow is no longer facing an immediate annexation! People were overjoyed!

The £3500 investment in Sakhalin turned out to be an exceptionally good bet. After further negotiations with China, Krakow handed Sakhalin to China in exchange of other Chinese territory. By July 1838, the whole of Taiwan Island, East Turkestan, most of Mongolia, and both colonial buildings in Ryukyu are in Krakow hands.
afterchinafz7.jpg

Nice; but actually i *thought* that it was still possible to annex a one-core country even with colonies. In every war against the netherlands, when I finish that last remaining prov (ie amsterdam and rotterdam), I'm able to annex the whole dutch indonesia without any landings there !